Squad for 2023.

jroyales

15 hours ago, moorside roughyed said:

Not a clue where he's from but he won't be at Oldham,well I wouldn't have thought so. If he does go elsewhere good luck to him. He's a cracking player with a potentially bright future.Ā 

He lives in Huddersfield, as do I. He played for Underbank previously.

Edited by Blind side johnny
  • Like 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

11 hours ago, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

I see Dec Gregory is departing Widnes. I don't think he achieved much with them this last season. I thought he was good with us. Whole hearted and although diminutive he gave 100% and lively on attack.

Whole hearted player for sure. As you say always gives 100% effort. He never got a fair crack of the whip at Hornets in my opinion.

All gone quiet. Are we, yet again, waiting for all the decent players to be signed up than we take what's left?

If all the sounds are correct about changes to the divisions, 23 - 24 is a massive season for us. If we just leave it i.e., signing players for next year, we could be out of semi-professional rugby altogether.

19 minutes ago, jroyales said:

All gone quiet. Are we, yet again, waiting for all the decent players to be signed up than we take what's left?

If all the sounds are correct about changes to the divisions, 23 - 24 is a massive season for us. If we just leave it i.e., signing players for next year, we could be out of semi-professional rugby altogether.

I've heard some good names been offered contracts and some will be surprisedĀ 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, ChampagneCharlieReturns said:

I've heard some good names been offered contracts and some will be surprisedĀ 

Surely the club should let the fans know if any of these "good" names are signed asap. I would've thought there are quite number of disenchanted roughyeds out there. We are desperately in need of some hope and positivity. We need some surprises, good ones though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, moorside roughyed said:

Surely the club should let the fans know if any of these "good" names are signed asap. I would've thought there are quite number of disenchanted roughyeds out there. We are desperately in need of some hope and positivity. We need some surprises, good ones though.

It never happens that way though. They'll keep us in suspense and drip feed us one by one , some time after Christmas.

On 24/09/2022 at 10:54, jroyales said:

We play summer RL now JR, so that would just be season 23.

Ā 

HTH

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

20 hours ago, moorside roughyed said:

No doubt waiting until the C1 season is formally concluded.Ā 

• Like 1