Squad for 2023.

jroyales

1 hour ago, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

Disappointed about restall. But it happens. He's going closer to home. Plenty more full backs in the  sea. As for bouncing back up!!!? That's what they said about us 12 months ago.

He deserves his chance at a bigger club. Good luck to him.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, moorside roughyed said:

He deserves his chance at a bigger club. Good luck to him.

Sorry, disagree. We are Oldham. We are much bigger . We need to believe we're bigger.  200k population. Dewsbury, Max 55k. We gave him his chance. But hey these things happen! 

Edited by The Art of Hand and Foot
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

Sorry, disagree. We are Oldham. We are much bigger . We need to believe we're bigger.  200k population. Dewsbury, Max 55k. We gave him his chance. But hey these things happen! 

I would've said they're attendances are better than ours. He's going to go if he thinks he'll get better chances elsewhere. It's a better club at the end of the day. What has a town's population got to do with the size of a club? Unfortunately Rugby league isn't as relevant in Oldham as it once was. The size of the crowds at games is a big indicator. 

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, moorside roughyed said:

I would've said they're attendances are better than ours. He's going to go if he thinks he'll get better chances elsewhere. It's a better club at the end of the day. What has a town's population got to do with the size of a club? Unfortunately Rugby league isn't as relevant in Oldham as it once was. The size of the crowds at games is a big indicator. 

What I should've said is we have a far greater potential than the likes of Dewsbury. Hence the population reference. 

Shame about Restall. Good player, Very fit. Intelligent player, too. Took a step up league and level-wise to play for Oldham and succeeded; up a league level to Dewsbury, where I can see him continuing to do well. He never gave anything less than 100% for us. Good luck to him. Interesting to see that another who effectively relaunched his career through Oldham, Tyler Dupree, now representing England at Knights level and a first team regular for Salford.

4 hours ago, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

What I should've said is we have a far greater potential than the likes of Dewsbury. Hence the population reference. 

If we did we wouldn't be where we are now. The games knackered in Oldham mate. For most of it's existence the new club haven't even played in the town. That's probably why the fan base is tiny. I hate to sound negative but it's just how I see it.

1 hour ago, moorside roughyed said:

If we did we wouldn't be where we are now. The games knackered in Oldham mate. For most of it's existence the new club haven't even played in the town. That's probably why the fan base is tiny. I hate to sound negative but it's just how I see it.

Youre bloody fantastic at sounding negative! 

Keep up the good work you little ray of sunshine 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

Oldham does have far more potential in terms of population. If we can secure playing at BP next season, I'm sure we can attract more supporters back. Anybody heard anything on that front? 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Roughyed Rats said:

Oldham does have far more potential in terms of population. If we can secure playing at BP next season, I'm sure we can attract more supporters back. Anybody heard anything on that front? 

Playing at BP is a 100% must, if we're to get anywhere. I'm sure the increase in support due to playing at BP would cover any increased costs. Let's hope the various parties involved can see the benefits for all concerned and come up with a long term deal. 

1 hour ago, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

Playing at BP is a 100% must, if we're to get anywhere. I'm sure the increase in support due to playing at BP would cover any increased costs. Let's hope the various parties involved can see the benefits for all concerned and come up with a long term deal. 

Couldn’t agree more 👍

• Like 2

Fullback - 

Wing - 

Centre -  Hartley

Utility Back - 

Half back - 

Prop - 

Hooker - Slater

Second Row - 

Loose Forward - Whittel

Squad = 3

• Thanks 1

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Fullback - Morgan

Wing - 

Centre -  Hartley

Utility Back - 

Half back - 

Prop - 

Hooker - Slater

Second Row - 

Loose Forward - Whittel

Squad = 4

• Thanks 1

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!