Squad for 2023.

jroyales

On 11/10/2022 at 22:29, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

Although I'm pleased at Kian Morgan re-signing I'm disappointed in the grammar used in getting us to wait with baited breath for 7pm. "Transfer" news. This wasn't a "transfer" so please get it right. Details are important! 🥸

Was the latest social media post better for you? 

25 minutes ago, ModernYed said:

Was the latest social media post better for you? 

Well at least we knew it was a re-signing, even if it was 7:38 pm by the time it came through. However, like most people we were hoping for confirmation of wilkinson. Still , Cameron good re-signing though. Loads of potential.  😉

• Like 1

Fullback - Morgan

Wing - 

Centre -  Hartley

Utility Back - 

Half back - 

Prop - 

Hooker - Slater

Second Row - Cameron

Loose Forward - Whittel

Squad = 5

• Thanks 1

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

On 12/10/2022 at 21:57, ManchesterYed said:

Has a Oldham fan original who now lives in the Manchester area I get to a few Swinton games as well as the odd Oldham.I find this hard to believe Wilkinson was Swintons key player in there run in for promotion. Would be a real coup for us 

He did okay, had an outstanding game against Doncaster but thought he looked off the pace for a lot of the season. Roby on loan and Waterworth and even brickhill were in front of him 

• Like 1

"When you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get." -Homer Simpson

mark.gif

"I couldn't be more chuffed if I were a badger at the start of the mating season" Ian Holloway

6 minutes ago, Mark said:

He did okay, had an outstanding game against Doncaster but thought he looked off the pace for a lot of the season. Roby on loan and Waterworth and even brickhill were in front of him 

Disagree from what I saw. Swinton seemed to play much better as a TEAM when wilkinson played compared to others and he was the main player in the last 4 or 5 games I attended, I didn’t go to many games mid season as I was at the Oldham games. The slow start may he be due to the injury he sustained whilst at Oldham but certainly looked the part at the business end of the season. As I’ve said earlier it would be a great signing for Oldham. 

Fullback - Morgan

Wing - Ah Van

Centre -  Hartley

Utility Back - 

Half back - 

Prop - 

Hooker - Slater

Second Row - Cameron

Loose Forward - Whittel

Squad = 6

• Thanks 1

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

A stunning win by England this afternoon and I'm sure we all agree on that!

However, what is more stunning is, the lack of response on this forum, to the news of our club having signed the very experienced Patrick Ah Van, ahead of the 2023 season. A great signing and a player who should really help the progress of our younger players next year.

Of course, I should realise by now, that positive news is not something some posters wish to hear about!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

On 14/10/2022 at 12:54, ManchesterYed said:

Disagree from what I saw. Swinton seemed to play much better as a TEAM when wilkinson played compared to others and he was the main player in the last 4 or 5 games I attended, I didn’t go to many games mid season as I was at the Oldham games. The slow start may he be due to the injury he sustained whilst at Oldham but certainly looked the part at the business end of the season. As I’ve said earlier it would be a great signing for Oldham. 

• Yes I think Wilkinson came into his own when he was first choice hooker - previously the strategy was to interchange hookers during the match - not a fan of this approach - if a player is playing well keep him on the field - old fashioned I know - so getting 20 or so minutes in a game didn't suit him - I think he will do well at Oldham 
  • Like 1

Looking at the new squad, I can't see Ridyard's name or Hewitt's!

Again, we have a problem at the start of the season with Cameron out for half of the season and Whittel out for four games.

Sadly, with the Hornets having major problems couldn't we pick up one or two of their players. One who springs to mind is the prop Bennion.

Fullback - Morgan

Wing - Ah Van

Centre -  Hartley

Utility Back - Paga

Half back - 

Prop - 

Hooker - Slater

Second Row - Cameron

Loose Forward - Whittel

Squad = 7

• Thanks 1

When does preseason training start? At the moment we have 7 players signed for next season BUT two of them won't be available for the opening games.

On this blog someone said we are getting some high-quality players for what is a massive season if the changes to RL go ahead.

Any news about BP - it's all gone very quiet.

On a positive note ............................................................

• Like 1