Squad for 2023.

jroyales

I have some experience in this sort of thing and it is (or it should be) down to your objectives. So what are the club's objectives? Informing the fans? Awakening interest? Spreading interest? Trying to create an impact?Ā 

I think the objective should be what would impact, positively, on season ticket sales?

If it was me I would announce the big signings, re-signings immediately. This creates an impact and creates a buzz. Then announce the next group of signings so that the fans can the discuss the likely partnerships and pairings based around the big names.Ā 

However it seems the club is opting for the old tried and trusted drip feed option.Ā 

TBH, I'm not hanging on to my phone waiting with bated breath. Now if we had all the big signings announced then maybe I would be.

4 hours ago, ManchesterYed said:

Is there any truth regarding Moi moi? Expecting him to be announced next week from what Iā€™ve heardĀ 

Suppose it's true , along with macnally and Sheridan. With ah van already confirmed. What a buzz there would be. Fans would be looking at signing up for season tickets. News of BP would crash the phone lines for season tickets. Just get on with it.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

Suppose it's true , along with macnally and Sheridan. With ah van already confirmed. What a buzz there would be. Fans would be looking at signing up for season tickets. News of BP would crash the phone lines for season tickets. Just get on with it.

Are your season tickets available?

Where will you be playing?

As a promotional strategy all of these things will need to be lined up, otherwise the positive impact of player recruitment will soon wane.

• Like 2

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

On 22/10/2022 at 16:31, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

However it seems the club is opting for the old tried and trusted drip feed option.Ā 

It is an old method that has failed to generate any extra interest in previous years. One signing announced last week. one!Really ###### info as always from the club. More interested in celebrating 25 years of what? Create some buzz around then get season tickets on sale. Christmas is coming and people will be looking for other things of they are not on sale , again!

Once again, while many other clubs have their squads named, we have to suffer our clubs awful drip Ā feed method of marketing. We should now have a squad named ready for the return to training with a constant stream of good news stories as the new squadĀ is developingĀ 

Edited by sheddingswasus
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

FullbackĀ - Morgan

WingĀ - Ah Van

Centre - Ā Hartley

Utility Back - Paga

Half back -Ā 

Prop -Ā 

Hookerļ»æĀ - Slater

Second Row - Cameron, Thornton

Loose ForwardĀ -Ā Whittel

ļ»æSquad = 8

• Thanks 1

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!