Utility Back - Paga

Half back - Ridyard, Sheridan

Prop - Nelmes

Hooker - Slater, Wilkinson

Second Row - Cameron, Thornton, Meadows

Loose Forward - Whittel, Bardsley, Baker

Squad = 17

• Thanks 1

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

8 hours ago, shrewsbury roughyed said:

Great news about Greg McNally. The more experienced heads we have to guide the youngsters the better. Looking a nice mix so far.

Very sorry to hear about the sad passing of his Mum. Condolences to all the family.

One of the most talented and exiting players I have ever had the pleasure of watching in an Oldham Shirt..and one I would pay to watch, up there with  Jarrod Sammut and Graham Holroyd for sheer skill. will he play standoff?

Sincere condolences on the loss of Greggs mum and hoping his wife is still ok also...The man has been through a Lot!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, herbie said:

Great recruitment so far. Some good ones to come too.

I hope the whingers are enjoying their break.

Whingers? Really? Not seen any of that on here. Just supporters that care about their club and desperately want it to succeed. Nothing wrong with criticism as long as it’s constructive. Much prefer that to absence and apathy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Depends on whether this group of individuals can gel and work as a team. It's completely possible that we could do a Keighley cougars. But then again it could take two individuals who don't like each other to kaibosh the whole season! I will tell you something though if the bookies don't have us in the top three then I'll be putting a tenner on us!?

• Like 3

Fullback - Morgan, McNally

Wing - Ah Van

Centre -  Hartley, Wellington

Utility Back - Paga

Prop - Nelmes

Second Row - Cameron, Thornton, Meadows, Ferry

Squad = 18

• Thanks 1

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

21 hours ago, Roughyed Rats said:

Whingers? Really? Not seen any of that on here. Just supporters that care about their club and desperately want it to succeed. Nothing wrong with criticism as long as it’s constructive. Much prefer that to absence and apathy.

Oxford Dictionary: Whinge - complain persistently and in a peevish or irritating way

It's perfectly acceptable for supporters to give constructive critisism when it's deserved and they're certainly not peevish. But there's no denying there those who are definitely not supporters but always turn up to gloat when things aren't going well and are conspicuous by their absence after a win. I'm sure they are the ones that Herbie was taking a swipe at and rightly so. There is nothing constructive about critisising just for their own warped amusement.

Edited by WellWisher
  • Like 4

17 hours ago, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

Depends on whether this group of individuals can gel and work as a team. It's completely possible that we could do a Keighley cougars. But then again it could take two individuals who don't like each other to kaibosh the whole season! I will tell you something though if the bookies don't have us in the top three then I'll be putting a tenner on us!?

Should be an interesting league next year. My team (Dewsbury) have recruited extensively and, I hope, well; Doncaster are building steadily; North Wales will be dark horses; and Hunslet have pushed the boat out for once.

I can't see there being single strong favourite, which would make a nice change. Looking forward to visiting your place again, wherever it might eventually be.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

2 hours ago, WellWisher said:

Oxford Dictionary: Whinge - complain persistently and in a peevish or irritating way

It's perfectly acceptable for supporters to give constructive critisism when it's deserved and they're certainly not peevish. But there's no denying there those who are definitely not supporters but always turn up to gloat when things aren't going well and are conspicuous by their absence after a win. I'm sure they are the ones that Herbie was taking a swipe at and rightly so. There is nothing constructive about critisising just for their own warped amusement.

I’m pretty sure Herbie picked up on that fact my post was very much tongue in cheek 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 There are some very over sensitive people on this forum 🙈🙈🙈🙈

Edited by Roughyed Rats
  • Like 2

Wing - Ah Van

Utility Back - Paga

Prop - Nelmes, Newton

Squad = 19

• Thanks 1

Wing - Ah Van

Utility Back - Paga

Prop - Nelmes, Newton, Blagbrough

Squad = 20 

• Thanks 1

Very happy again with Jack B signing. He was very good on loan for us in 2016 and has been good whenever I've seen him since then.  If we can sign a couple more props of that calibre to go with him and Nelmes  I think we'll have a very successful season. 

• Like 3