2023 Squad

marklaspalmas

21 hours ago, RobLambert said:

i'm sure theyve happily settled in the area and been offered a very good deal.  Surely the most important things to them.  

My only evidence is what I see on the pitch.  Ive been watching Rovers for a long time and what Ive seen in many games this year is poor body language, not playing for each other, lack of intensity and committment, generally underachieving. Actions speaks louder than words comes to mind.  

There's many of us who have watched the club for a long time. Yes some performances have fallen short of what we believe they should be, but even when we've been struggling, obviously Batley and Leigh apart, the players have dug in for one another and managed to get the result. Now whether they won playing fantastic rugby or ground out a win. Those players got the results. Your implication of lack of intensity and commitment, appears to be aimed at one or two individuals. Now I think one player you refer to. When he first came to the club he looked out of condition, plus he's had a few niggles injury wise. I think sometimes when you sign a player he can play out of his skin for a few games, and then his play drops off and can take along time to get back, where as in my time watching the game, a player that takes time to settle in, invariably tend to stay the course better. Of course these are just my observations from years of watching this game.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tubby said:

I'm one of the unconvinced, it was I that started the thread expressing my disappointment in Joey

It makes me luagh all this BS about joey  problem was a lot of people saw his try scoring antics  in AUS on u tube and when he didn't do the same over hear they were crestfalllen and it was fat lazy Joey  but he's scored 17 tries had umpteen assists and has been head and shoulders better them welham who he replaced but that doesn't matter Joey never brought over his AUS Wow factor and that was all some wanted to see so he became a waste of space  a waste of money and should be sent home

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, POR said:

It makes me luagh all this BS about joey  problem was a lot of people saw his try scoring antics  in AUS on u tube and when he didn't do the same over hear they were crestfalllen and it was fat lazy Joey  but he's scored 17 tries had umpteen assists and has been head and shoulders better them welham who he replaced but that doesn't matter Joey never brought over his AUS Wow factor and that was all some wanted to see so he became a waste of space  a waste of money and should be sent home

Agree, he's been an upgrade on what we had previously. Clearly if he was at his previous NRL levels he would still be playing in Oz rather than here. I am happy he's staying next season.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, POR said:

I’m glad you’re amused. But if you looked at his performances in the first third of the season and thought that’s what you hoped for from a recent Dally M centre of the year, then you are more easily pleased than I am.  I’ve seen him play in 2016-18 in the NRL and he looked a class above anyone we’ve had at Post Office Road in some years. Our first 8 or 9 games, he looked disinterested and (to me) looked like he was lacking in effort generally.  Initially, he was no better than those he replaced and surely that’s the point.

As I said, he’s got better as the season has progressed and has become one of our better performers. I’m chuffed he’s re-signed.

12 hours ago, marklaspalmas said:

Happy with that.

12 signed now.

That's true M but in reality what are the chances of Callum F pulling on the butchers stripes in 23

1 hour ago, POR said:

That's true M but in reality what are the chances of Callum F pulling on the butchers stripes in 23

There we go.

I can only put together the list based on officially announced info.

There will be the customary high number of ins and outs before 2023 starts no doubt.

5 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Re-signing number 6 to be announced today according to Fev's social media. I'd add Koppy to the other names I'd welcome above, he's belied his age this year.

Another in the same bracket is Junior Moors, he’s been superb this year

2 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

TBH there aren't many in the current squad I'd not be happy to see re-sign.

Yep. I think that collectively we could do with getting a bit younger in the pack though. We've mentioned Koppy and Moors but Lockwood, Cuthbertson and Ferres might all be potential candidates to retire and we have 3 or 4 other forwards who are over 30, if we can unearth some fresh talent for the pack that would be good, especially as Eseh will presumably be back at Wakefield next year (he's contracted to them until 2024).

On 14/09/2022 at 10:22, The Phantom Horseman said:

Rovers Twitter account teasing another re-signing announcment. Moors, Springer, Jacks, Briscoe, Bussey amongst the names I'd like to see back.

Briscoe joins Springer, Ford, Kheirallah, Leilua and Jones as the sixth re-signing.

Another that I'd imagine most of us will be happy with. He's a very good wing at this level (assuming we stay in the Championship, and he does have plenty of SL experience), and he'll be able to continue his partnership with Leilua.

Edited by The Phantom Horseman
  • Like 3

In view of the way Moors has carried the pack forward at times this year, you'd have to think he's got at least another year in him. Would love to see him bossing it in a Fev shirt again next year.

Tempt Eseh with a 3 year deal, and find a few more big young forwards in the same vein, and we'd be shaping up nicely.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Terrific news coming from the end-of-season awards that Junior Moors - who seems to have swept the board - has signed on for next year. Don't care how old he is, if he plays close to how he has this year in 2023 we'll all be happy I think.

Players player of season  fans player of season and coaches player of season.

Edited by Fevrover