2023 Squad

marklaspalmas

Jacks will not be with us next season but Ford has signed for another season so we will have to make the best of it.My observations are we need a number 7 who will take on the line with a bit of pace.Ford at 6 can give the outside backs good early ball if we do not persist in 4 drives down the middle.Jacks lack of pace showed when he intercepted and only got 30m before being tackled.Chizzy would have been under the sticks and that may have changed the game.Ford and Jacks are both ball handlers so we miss out on more direct thrust into the line.

10 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Jacks will not be with us next season but Ford has signed for another season so we will have to make the best of it.My observations are we need a number 7 who will take on the line with a bit of pace.Ford at 6 can give the outside backs good early ball if we do not persist in 4 drives down the middle.

Is that based on inside information or just rumour/guess, as we haven't announced anything about Jacks yet I don't think?

33 minutes ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

I'm guessing with Applegarth strong knowledge of the local game he knows the lad quite well. I'll be honest it's the kind of signings I like and Trinity tend to do well from. I'm sure you'd prefer he wasn't going but you can't blame him if correct.

He's been decent but would need to improve loads to be of SL quality. However, its possible and I wish the lad well at Trin.

12 hours ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

He's been decent but would need to improve loads to be of SL quality. However, its possible and I wish the lad well at Trin.

He's been more than decent M 22 tries couldn't have asked for anything more at the start of the season

11 hours ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

When your other option is Lee Gaskell he wouldn't need to improve loads 😂

Forget Gaskell K for wakey think Morgan will be  better at 9

8 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Adam Cuthbertson's retirement from playing confirmed by Fev social media and others this morning, he's making one final guest appearance for Leeds next week. 

He says in his interview that he doesn't have anything fixed up for next year yet coaching wise which might suggest he won't be back with us in that sphere.

1 hour ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

He says in his interview that he doesn't have anything fixed up for next year yet coaching wise which might suggest he won't be back with us in that sphere.

Think that would be down to the new coach but I would like him to stay to teach  the forwards how to offload if nowt else 

19 minutes ago, POR said:

Think that would be down to the new coach but I would like him to stay to teach  the forwards how to offload if nowt else 

Difficult to coach offloading in the tackle.You have either got it or not.Watch youngsters play 11 to 14 year old and the odd one will do it naturally.

12 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Difficult to coach offloading in the tackle.You have either got it or not.Watch youngsters play 11 to 14 year old and the odd one will do it naturally.

Yes an no  S if someone is a natural then cuthbo can help him hone his skill if not  do it  you enough times in training players with a bit of nouse will pick up a skill they thought they never had not talking about being as good as cuthbo more knowing when and where to do it  instead of  throwing the ball back willy nilly 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, POR said:

Yes an no  S if someone is a natural then cuthbo can help him hone his skill if not  do it  you enough times in training players with a bit of nouse will pick up a skill they thought they never had not talking about being as good as cuthbo more knowing when and where to do it  instead of  throwing the ball back willy nilly 

Teach them all you want,. You still require strong support play for it to be effective. Not right struck seeing the props offloading. They are there to drive the ball in and make yards IMO.

1 hour ago, Bobby123 said:

Teach them all you want,. You still require strong support play for it to be effective. Not right struck seeing the props offloading. They are there to drive the ball in and make yards IMO.

Well it killed us last week. 

• Like 2

So the Championship season is over and we can now look forward to 2023 in the knowledge that Leigh are out of the way. Some stiff tasks still await next year, obviously. Toulouse are hard to assess at the moment as they are clearly losing quite a few players but it will be surprising if they aren't favourites, or very close to it, to go straight back up, whilst Batley, Halifax and one or two others will be fancying their chances too.

It's possible that most of those who haven't been announced as re-signing by now will be leaving the club, though both Bussey and Lockwood were only announced as having re-signed in November last year. So there may still be negotiations ongoing, and players and officials may have gone on holiday precluding any announcements anyway.

As it stands, we're a lot further on in terms of numbers than we have been at this time of year in some seasons recently, and of course we have a new head coach to find. A good time to draw a line through this season and look forward to next year.

• Like 2