2023 Squad

marklaspalmas

14 minutes ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

Sooner we can get a new coach sorted the better really. It seems to have gone a bit quiet at the moment.

Give em time to have a break. Season only ended a week ago and I'm sure MC is working in the background talking to people. Needs to be a good appointment does this one. I can see him going to Aus again maybe similar to Carr.

• Like 2

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

10 minutes ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

Sooner we can get a new coach sorted the better really. It seems to have gone a bit quiet at the moment.

Better to be the right appointment than a rushed appointment imo. Still a good few weeks before the players will be back for pre-season. When we hired Ryan Carr we did a lot of due diligence in Australia (from memory I'm not even sure he was our first choice).

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

Updated OP with Morgan's confirmed departure

Nice piece on FB ( been shown it) by Morgan saying he has always wanted to play in SL again and couldn't turn it down,and wished the club well.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Michael Bates said:

Given that we now only have 1 half back signed up for next year and rumours that Jacks is going back to Australia, who would people like to target? Tom Gilmore has to be high on the list doesn't he?

I seem to recall it's rumoured he's heading back to Widnes. 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

1 hour ago, Michael Bates said:

Given that we now only have 1 half back signed up for next year and rumours that Jacks is going back to Australia, who would people like to target? Tom Gilmore has to be high on the list doesn't he?

Wasn’t there a rumour that we were in for Luke Gale?.

Personally though, I’d look to Australia.

Edited by Monkeymagic22

Assuming we don't have any surprise late moves for a domestic half back, you'd think we'll have an eye on the overseas market. Might need to be patient if that's the case, and wait until all the available NRL slots have been filled, but come November/December/January, that's when NRL teams tend to be all signed up and opportunities to sign good players become available.

3 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Assuming we don't have any surprise late moves for a domestic half back, you'd think we'll have an eye on the overseas market. Might need to be patient if that's the case, and wait until all the available NRL slots have been filled, but come November/December/January, that's when NRL teams tend to be all signed up and opportunities to sign good players become available.

Watson Boas II? 🤦

Please view my photos.

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

9 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Indeed. I still look at those highlights when PNG beat England and wonder how he ended up in League 1.

I still look at the Fev highlights and wonder how he played internationally. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Please view my photos.

Book now via airbnb

My 2023 squad. 25 players is about right. We've got 18 so far, not sure if we'll see Field back. Assuming the worst (hope not) and none of the 10 pending players have re-signed, I think we'll look like this.

1. Kheirallah, Newbie 1

2. Briscoe

3. Leilua 

4. Hall

5. Gale,  Newbie 2

6. Ford

7. Newbie 3, Newbie 4

8. Kopczak, Cooper, Fleming.

9 Jones, Wildie

10 Springer, Newbie 5, Hepi

11 Day, Hardcastle

12 Davies, Newbie 6

13 Moors, Newbie 7.

Newbie 1 a replacement  for Pickersgill 

Newbie 2 a replacement for Lineham or Broadbent.

Newbie 3 could be Gigot

Newbie 4 a replacement for Jacks, a young Aussie

Newbie 5 a replacement for Eseh and Lockwood

Newbie 6 a replacement for JSL and Ferres

Newbie 7 a replacement for Bussey 

1 hour ago, marklaspalmas said:

My 2023 squad. 25 players is about right. We've got 18 so far, not sure if we'll see Field back. Assuming the worst (hope not) and none of the 10 pending players have re-signed, I think we'll look like this.

1. Kheirallah, Newbie 1

2. Briscoe

3. Leilua 

4. Hall

5. Gale,  Newbie 2

6. Ford

7. Newbie 3, Newbie 4

8. Kopczak, Cooper, Fleming.

9 Jones, Wildie

10 Springer, Newbie 5, Hepi

11 Day, Hardcastle

12 Davies, Newbie 6

13 Moors, Newbie 7.

Newbie 1 a replacement  for Pickersgill 

Newbie 2 a replacement for Lineham or Broadbent.

Newbie 3 could be Gigot

Newbie 4 a replacement for Jacks, a young Aussie

Newbie 5 a replacement for Eseh and Lockwood

Newbie 6 a replacement for JSL and Ferres

Newbie 7 a replacement for Bussey 

Is Bussey definitely leaving?

"Out of the way,son. Where's my medal?" Alex Murphy's immortal words as David Hobbs scores his 2nd try in the '83 Cup Final!

1 hour ago, haskey said:

Mark have newbie 1.2.4.5.6. & 7 definitely left ?

1 hour ago, roversspud said:

Is Bussey definitely leaving?

Woah! I have no idea if the 10 unsigned players are staying or going!🤣

I'm just speculating on what kind of signings we'd need to make if they're not staying. 

The OP is as up-to-date as has been officially announced 

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

I heard to Wakefield but there's nothing being made official yet.

Would be very disappointing if true.  A unique talent especially at this level.  I think we lack something when he doesn't play.  Missed both of this year's Batley debacles unsurprisingly.