2023 Squad

marklaspalmas

A couple of comments from the Catalans forum from his most recent game away to Wigan, when he started in a much-changed and very young Catalans team which unsurpisingly lost heavily:
"Great performance from the youngsters, some scored points for the future. Cozza has surely earned a contract extension this evening"
"One word: BRAVO!!! I was afraid and I was not the only one that the 60 point bar would be crossed. All were good with special mention for Cozza!"

Edited by The Phantom Horseman

46 minutes ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

Thomas Lacans, looks like a likely signing. Don’t know much about him, was on loan with Thunder last season. 

Unless it's a deliberate red herring, those Twitter follows are a useful clue 😉

Very promising half back/hooker, played for France B recently, and in January he finished 2nd in the vote for the "Best French hope" player of 2021. The winner was Arthur Mourgue who is currently starting at half back for France in the World Cup and the third was Justin Sangare who has just signed for Leeds.

Edited by The Phantom Horseman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

Thomas Lacans, looks like a likely signing. Don’t know much about him, was on loan with Thunder last season. 

he is a graduate of the Catalans Dragons academy systems and has represented Lezignan in the French Elite 1 championship very highly regarded player who made the Elite 1 team of the year last season 

• Like 2

Fordy's Cook Island mate Takairangi been given the push at HKR remember in his 180 games in the NRL he started off in the 2nd row before moving to centre and the halves and when he came to HKR said he was open to playing in all three positions SO is he worth a punt

17 minutes ago, POR said:

Fordy's Cook Island mate Takairangi been given the push at HKR remember in his 180 games in the NRL he started off in the 2nd row before moving to centre and the halves and when he came to HKR said he was open to playing in all three positions SO is he worth a punt

Good player but wrong side of 30 and comes with off field issues if he can concentrate on rugby he’d be a good utility off the bench 

16 minutes ago, Rovers fev said:

Good player but wrong side of 30 and comes with off field issues if he can concentrate on rugby he’d be a good utility off the bench 

Also reported as heading to Keighley. 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

1 hour ago, Fevrover said:

How many more ? Lol,as bad as us last season.

They've signed eight so far F but looking at the list I think it's more quantity than quality  

Thomas Doyle. Bulls Lloyd Roby Widnes Robbie Storey Donny Ben Crooks Hkr Ellis Robson Thunder

Brad Walker. Sadiq Adebiyi wakey and Mark Ioane leigh

• Thanks 1

I watched the game between England Knights and France B which took place 3 weeks ago in which Thomas Lacans and Matthieu Cozza both played, in fact Cozza captained the French team - the footage is still up on YouTube, Lacans wore the 7 jersey and Cozza 13 if anyone fancies watching it though the commentary is in French.

It was a very wet night and as they were basically two scratch teams with no experience of playing together this wasn't a game for half backs, in fact I didn't even notice that Mikey Lewis was playing until he was sin binned for a late hit on Lacans.

Lacans showed one or two neat touches but thiswasn't the game to judge him on. It's interesting that on our press release we describe him as a half back, on what little I've seen of him I'd agree that that looks his best position though I think he played hooker in his short stint for Newcastle this year and I believe he played both half back and hooker for Lezignan. He's very small but looks to have a bit of feistiness about him and I think the fans will like him. He's widely regarded as being one of the best players in the French Elite 1 comp in recent years, he was in the original 40-man train-on squad for the World Cup a few months ago and hopefully will be, or develop into, a like-for-like replacement for Morgan Smith.

I liked Cozza the more I saw of him, he played about an hour of the game, given a break after half an hour and then playing the last 30 minutes. There's nothing flashy about him and he doesn't look the type to bounce players off him but against England B he made good yardage after contact on quite a few occasions, got through lots of work in defence, and he seems very comfortable handling the ball and can pass fluently from first receiver. I don't think there's much chance of a 22-year-old British player of his level signing for a Championship club so I am fairly optimistic about him all in all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OP updated with three new signings from FRench clubs. I've also revised the possible line up list I did:

My 2023 squad. 25 players is about right. We've got 21 so far, not sure if we'll see Field back. Assuming the worst (hope not) and none of the 10 pending players have re-signed, I think we'll look like this.

1. Kheirallah, Newbie 1

2. Briscoe

3. Leilua 

4. Hankinson

5. Hall, Gale

6. Ford

7. Newbie 2, Lacans

8. Kopczak, Cooper, Fleming.

9 Jones, Wildie

10 Springer, Cozza, Hepi

11 Day, Hardcastle

12 Davies, Newbie 3

13 Moors, Newbie 4

Newbie 1 or Pickersgill

Newbie 2 a replacement for Jacks, a young Aussie

Newbie 3 a replacement for JSL and Ferres

Newbie 4 a replacement for Bussey 

I DON'T LIKE TO BOAST 

On 19/10/2022 at 15:01, POR said:

Turning into an interesting week for new recruitments wonder if we've got one lined up for friday 

17 th 19th 21st 🤣

remember after chris signed on the 17th longy said  a couple more in the coming days.

🤣🥳🙌

Any way here you go