2023 Squad

marklaspalmas

24 minutes ago, haskey said:

I thought we had brought back Field.-- Mark

He's on the official list in the OP, but the "line up" thing, as I put, is just my speculation.

FWIW Field was contracted for 22 & 23. I haven't heard anything about him being "brought back". I'm not sure if he'll be at the club next year. If he's confirmed, I'll put him in my possible line up.

29 minutes ago, haskey said:

I thought we had brought back Field.-- Mark

He played 8 games for us at start of season before BM farmed him out first to newcastle then on 10th May a season long loan to widnes He's under contract for next year so I think it would be prudent for Lomgy to take a look at him before we decide his future

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Graeme Taylor who is the agent of all three of our French signings has said on the club FB page that both Catalans and Toulouse offered deals to Lacans but he chose to come and play under Sean Long, Taylor is also Theo Fages' agent and made the point that Fages did very well when coached by Long at St Helens.

I still can't believe he couldn't get Engalnd to qualify for the 1994 USA World Cup.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, POR said:

He played 8 games for us at start of season before BM farmed him out first to newcastle then on 10th May a season long loan to widnes He's under contract for next year so I think it would be prudent for Lomgy to take a look at him before we decide his future

Is he in your first team XVII for next season?

26 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

Is he in your first team XVII for next season?

It's not about first team XVII for next season M it's about does Longy think he can do a job for us next year remember in his first season he played 19 times and many on here commentated on how good he was unfortunately for him BM had other ideas so now we have to wait and see if our new coach thinks callum can bring something to the party🥳

3 hours ago, POR said:

It's not about first team XVII for next season M it's about does Longy think he can do a job for us next year remember in his first season he played 19 times and many on here commentated on how good he was unfortunately for him BM had other ideas so now we have to wait and see if our new coach thinks callum can bring something to the party🥳

Sure. Why not? I haven't heard anything about him with regards to 2023 that's all.

Mathiou, McConnell, Doyle, Gill all also spent most of last season on loan elsewhere and I'm not sure we'll see any of them back either.

I watched Field play for Widnes a few times last year. He went ok but played prop and he’s not big enough to do that. Agree he’s worth another look at. I think McDermott just decided he wasn’t big enough and that was that.

Recruitment looks to be coming together well. Would suggest 2nd row and half back are still priority areas. 
I wonder if we have a ‘marquee’ signing or two still to announce! Hope so.

Not directly relevant to us but I've been following Toulouse's recruitment in recent weeks including on French websites and forums and they do seem to be having to cut back and there's an air of concern amongst some fans. They will still have a good team as they have retained quite a few of their squad from this year but they have lost plenty too and it does seem at this stage as if they will be relying a lot on players coming through from their reserves/Elite 1 teams (as are we I suppose!).

Of course we said the same about Leigh at this time last year, but this article doesn't suggest Toulouse will be able to do anything like that sort of recruitment...

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/toulouse-suffering-untold-damage-due-to-relegation-from-super-league/

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Not directly relevant to us but I've been following Toulouse's recruitment in recent weeks including on French websites and forums and they do seem to be having to cut back and there's an air of concern amongst some fans. Of course we said the same about Leigh at this time last year, but this article doesn't suggest Toulouse will be able to do anything like that sort of recruitment...

And in another article says Following their relegation from Super League, the number of departures is up to double figures.

1 hour ago, Phil Briscoe said:

Interesting article. Might be playing mind games! Won’t they have got a parachute payment? 

I believe they will have a parachute payment, though a chunk will have to go on once again paying for the travel of visiting clubs. 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

6 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Not directly I think, as I'm pretty sure the/any parachute payment can only be used on players.

Was the more principle than the details, but I get the point. 😉

• Like 1

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb