2023 Squad

marklaspalmas

1 hour ago, jamescolin said:

Great to see that Bussey and Davies have re-signed. Still can't understand why they both didn't play in the semi against Batley, including Smith..

Because McDermott didnt want them playing,the man was one of the worst coaches in Featherstone's  history and you go back further then most and seen them all.

13 hours ago, marklaspalmas said:

OP updated with three new signings from FRench clubs. I've also revised the possible line up list I did:

My 2023 squad. 25 players is about right. We've got 21 so far, not sure if we'll see Field back. Assuming the worst (hope not) and none of the 10 pending players have re-signed, I think we'll look like this.

1. Kheirallah, Newbie 1

2. Briscoe

3. Leilua 

4. Hankinson

5. Hall, Gale

6. Ford

7. Newbie 2, Lacans

8. Kopczak, Cooper, Fleming.

9 Jones, Wildie

10 Springer, Cozza, Hepi

11 Day, Hardcastle

12 Davies, Newbie 3

13 Moors, Newbie 4

Newbie 1 or Pickersgill

Newbie 2 a replacement for Jacks, a young Aussie

Newbie 3 a replacement for JSL and Ferres

Newbie 4 a replacement for Bussey 

Mark is Fleming signed up for next year? Thanks 

58 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

Because McDermott didnt want them playing,the man was one of the worst coaches in Featherstone's  history and you go back further then most and seen them all.

I agree. To leave them out was ridiculous. Seen lots of coaches in my 84 years of watching and he certainly is very low down in the list. Oh for the  Eric Batten of 1952.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Phil Briscoe said:

Mark is Fleming signed up for next year? Thanks 

According to the examiner P

Featherstone Rovers are closing in on a deal for Bradford Bulls forward Dan Fleming, Rugby League Live understands. The Wales international is set to link up with Brian McDermott's side on a permanent deal until the end of next season.

8 hours ago, POR said:

Featherstone Rovers are closing in on a deal for Bradford Bulls forward Dan Fleming, Rugby League Live understands. The Wales international is set to link up with Brian McDermott's side on a permanent deal until the end of next season.

Brian McDermott's side ?!!!

10 hours ago, POR said:

What I said.....

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

What I said.....

That's true M we both got it out there, 👏but you said As far as I know Phil, yes. so after your post I decided to put some meat on the bones to end all confusion 

• Like 1

Looking only at the squad signed up so far (and there are sure to be more to be added), we could see a 17 of something like
Kheirallah/Hall
Briscoe
Leilua
Hankinson
Hall/Gale
Ford
Lacans
Kopczak
Wildie
Moors
Hardcastle
Day
Bussey
subs
Jones
Springer
Cozza
Davies
reserves: Cooper, Hepi, Fleming (& maybe Field)

Not a bad team considering we are still in October with likely more additions to come.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Looking only at the squad signed up so far (and there are sure to be more to be added), we could see a 17 of something like
Kheirallah/Hall
Briscoe
Leilua
Hankinson
Hall/Gale
Ford
Lacans
Kopczak
Wildie
Moors
Hardcastle
Day
Bussey
subs
Jones
Springer
Cozza
Davies
reserves: Cooper, Hepi, Fleming (& maybe Field)

Not a bad team considering we are still in October with likely more additions to come.

Has the Gogot rumour gone now ?? Because what i'v seen of him in the world cup i dont think he will add much 

2 minutes ago, plug said:

Has the Gogot rumour gone now ?? Because what i'v seen of him in the world cup i dont think he will add much 

No idea. To be fair he's always been a bit of a rocks and diamonds player, fwiw I thought he was really poor in their first game but had some good moments against England.

We will need another half back anyway so if it's not him you'd think we'll be in for someone else.