2023 Squad

marklaspalmas

On 30/11/2022 at 15:57, Snowys Backside said:

Can we finish off a thread from last year ?

Who is the best player ? Kheirallah or Aekins ? 

Clearly still Kheirallah, but our cunning plan is now coming to fruition as you now look set to have a free quota spot with Ferguson reportedly about to leave as he can’t face wearing that godawful jersey  on compassionate grounds.

I'd say a transfer fee of £500k and Aekins can be yours again. 😀

24 minutes ago, lingaro said:

Told by someone watching training that Joey was totally unfit compared to everyone else, he didn't look for last season.  Be interesting to seen if he's any sharper come season start. 

1. It's the start of pre-season. Over 2 months to the season opener.
2. If you're saying he didn't look fit last season, I'd say our S & C coach would disagree - I know because I spoke to him and he said Joey trained very well, but also that it was no surprise as he'd spoken to one of his previous S & C coaches in Australia who said he'd had no problems with him.
3. I wouldn't pay too much attention to actual pre-season games, let alone rumours about pre-Christmas training. I mean, our 2022 player of the season is clearly in Sydney at the moment judged on his social media, and I wouldn't worry about that either.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Clearly still Kheirallah, but our cunning plan is now coming to fruition as you now look set to have a free quota spot with Ferguson reportedly about to leave as he can’t face wearing that godawful jersey  on compassionate grounds.

I'd say a transfer fee of £500k and Aekins can be yours again. 😀

😂     We just need a big fast Prop !!🤣

On 02/12/2022 at 12:16, Snowys Backside said:

😂     We just need a big fast Prop !!🤣

Don't we all S

1 hour ago, David Shepherd said:

Looks a lot leaner on some of the recent social videos Fev have published.

Unfortunately, D in some people's eyes that won't make a blind bit of difference even though he scored 17 tries and set up loads more because he didn't score barnstorming blockbusting tries, like they had seen on u-tube every time he picked up the ball for FEV that wasn't good enough

Last year WE got all the rhetoric of unfit lazy not interested send him home 

Even though he's not long back in FEV now we hear he looks totally unfit compared to everyone else I fear for some people It's going to be another season of negativity for Joey

More news Jack Broadbent signs two-year deal with our carpet carrying neighbours from the jungle

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, POR said:

Don't we all S

Unfortunately, D in some people's eyes that won't make a blind bit of difference even though he scored 17 tries and set up loads more because he didn't score barnstorming blockbusting tries, like they had seen on u-tube every time he picked up the ball for FEV that wasn't good enough

Last year WE got all the rhetoric of unfit lazy not interested send him home 

Even though he's not long back in FEV now we hear he looks totally unfit compared to everyone else I fear for some people It's going to be another season of negativity for Joey

More news Jack Broadbent signs two-year deal with our carpet carrying neighbours from the jungle

People forget about how many tries he scored and set up. I think there are players who look naturally fit and some who never look fit however hard they train and I think Joey fits into the latter category.

Will be interesting next season in the last 20 minutes of the Batley game when the team seemed to abandon McDermott’s instructions Joey was popping up all over the field I wonder whether Long will give him a bit more of a licence to play.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daft old hooker said:

People forget about how many tries he scored and set up. I think there are players who look naturally fit and some who never look fit however hard they train and I think Joey fits into the latter category.

Will be interesting next season in the last 20 minutes of the Batley game when the team seemed to abandon McDermott’s instructions Joey was popping up all over the field I wonder whether Long will give him a bit more of a licence to play.

It was a C@s fan watching so probably winding me up.  I think with the shackles off this season a lot more popping up will be done by all.  Shame Chizzy has done would have been good in a Sean Long team. 

• Like 4

15 hours ago, lingaro said:

It was a C@s fan watching so probably winding me up. 

By any chance L did he tell you he saw a player running round who very much looked like an exclusive signing announcement via email.🤣

18 hours ago, Daft old hooker said:

Plus Joey didn't have a full pre-season last year. I am looking forward to him showing his class this season.

• Like 1

More news Total Rugby League have come up with Five of the best Championship signings ahead of 2023 as clubs prepare for Super League charge

The Bulls have three Jack Walker, Bodene Thompson and Michael Lawrence 

York have Ukuma Ta’ai 

We have managed to sneak in the top five with the signing of Caleb Aekins🥳

37 minutes ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

I like that we've not just added older players this time., even Taylor is only 30.

Taylor's actually 32, but you can often learn a lot about new transfer acquisitions by looking at what fans of their previous clubs said about them, and you won't find a Salford fan with a bad word to say about Taylor on or off the field, the only question mark is that his body has taken a bit of a battering over the years, but he does look exactly the type of workhorse we need to shore up our defence.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, POR said:

More news Total Rugby League have come up with

Unfortunately I think TotalRL/League Express don't really come up with much "news" since they lost the likes of Shaw & Bower. It's not unreasonable that they are coming up with more speculative stuff like this to try and attract readers but as mentioned previously this is the former Serious About RL lad who just over a week ago was speculating we might sign Tony Gigot/Matty Russell/Luke Gale, we could just as easily write a thread on this forum ourselves speculating about signings and it would be no less informed.

Edited by The Phantom Horseman

2 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Taylor's actually 32, but you can often learn a lot about new transfer acquisitions by looking at what fans of their previous clubs said about them, and you won't find a Salford fan with a bad word to say about Taylor on or off the field, the only question mark is that his body has taken a bit of a battering over the years, but he does look exactly the type of workhorse we need to shore up our defence.

good point , similar to when tim spears came to york, an out and out workhorse and proffesional

3 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Unfortunately I think TotalRL/League Express don't really come up with much "news" since they lost the likes of Shaw & Bower. 

Totally agree P but I had to post it because it made me laugh

Ukuma Ta’ai been in the championship for two years and hasn't broken any pots but now he's moved has suddenly become one of the best and Jack Walker who's hardly played since 19 due to a boat load of injuries apparently could well be one of the best Championship recruits in history.

4 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Yeah, we're probably not far off. Another middle would be nice but everyone's looking for the same type of player.

That's true P a strong pack makes winning games so much easier

Talking about middles Napa and Le Cam are both looking for a new club

5 minutes ago, POR said:

Talking about middles Napa and Le Cam are both looking for a new club

Napa's reportedly looking for a slary that would make him amongst the highest-paid players in SL.

Le Cam is an edge back row rather than a middle, he's 6'9", there's some ability there but when I have seen him he hasn't really played to his size. I think Cozza was a better option for us even though Le Cam made the French WC squad and Cozza didn't.

1 hour ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Napa's reportedly looking for a slary that would make him amongst the highest-paid players in SL.

Apparently, P he won't walk away so  he's pricing himself out of the market to try and get the dragons to pay up his contract

17 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Le Cam is an edge back row rather than a middle, he's 6'9", there's some ability there but when I have seen him he hasn't really played to his size. I think Cozza was a better option for us even though Le Cam made the French WC squad and Cozza didn't.

I thought so too P but that might have something to do with his stature even though he is reported to weigh over 18st when he swapped shirts in the world cup, he didn't look like he was built like a 6'9'' brick sh/t house more like a 6'9'' long streak of p/ss

Having said that last year he played 11 games in the reserves 7 in SL and 2 in the championship maybe a season with us playing regularly in a competitive team in a strong league will do him the world of good 

More news grandson listened to a podcast with bulls coach apparently beggars CAN be choosers he turned down potential signings for the Championship club because he felt they wouldn’t ‘complement the type of group’ he has got at Odsal.but fans need not worry BRADFORD Bulls are set to make two or three more signings to add to their wealth of quality

Also, the Bulls are now doing a FEV and are in DR with the whinos but thinks it could only last one year cos Bulls could be playing in the same league as them next year

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, POR said:

More news grandson listened to a podcast with bulls coach apparently beggars CAN be choosers he turned down potential signings for the Championship club because he felt they wouldn’t ‘complement the type of group’ he has got at Odsal.but fans need not worry BRADFORD Bulls are set to make two or three more signings to add to their wealth of quality

Also, the Bulls are now doing a FEV and are in DR with the whinos but thinks it could only last one year cos Bulls could be playing in the same league as them next year

They DR'd with Leeds (for most of) last season too