2023 Squad

marklaspalmas

33 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

They DR'd with Leeds (for most of) last season too

I  know they got players off the whinos last year but so did other teams I think the majority last year was loans L he says no loans this year just DR

He played well against them in the cup. At my most cynical about Joey in the earlier part of last year I thought he was getting himself up for the ‘bigger’ games that would have a wider audience as it was always his intention to use a season with us to put himself in the shop window  for a SL gig.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Probably worth treating this with a pinch of salt but FWIW French newspaper L'Independant reckons Catalans are in talks with Joey Leilua. Only way this would be plausible presumably would be if he has a SL release clause in his contract.

Poor agent if there is not a release clause in his contract.His form in the last half dozen matches was good he put himself about more.But if he was to move on it would be no worse than losing Harrison and Halton.It is a short career so players need to play at the highest best paid position possible.

• Like 1

Probably worth treating this with a pinch of salt but FWIW French newspaper L'Independant reckons Catalans are in talks with Joey Leilua. Only way this would be plausible presumably would be if he has a SL release clause in his contract.

Funny thing P if you read the article, it says possible move is all down to Joey

Finally, the three-quarter Samoan center of Featherstone in 225 NRL matches, Joey Leilua (30) has approached the Dragons. A second track that the club is studying if the player makes the necessary financial efforts.

4 hours ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Poor agent if there is not a release clause in his contract.His form in the last half dozen matches was good he put himself about more.But if he was to move on it would be no worse than losing Harrison and Halton.It is a short career so players need to play at the highest best paid position possible.

I’m not sure he’s entirely shown that he’s still up to playing at the highest level, but he did improve towards the end of the season. Defence would be a a big concern for me. Hopefully he’ll stay with us and be better with a full preseason.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, POR said:

Funny thing P if you read the article, it says possible move is all down to Joey

Finally, the three-quarter Samoan center of Featherstone in 225 NRL matches, Joey Leilua (30) has approached the Dragons. A second track that the club is studying if the player makes the necessary financial efforts.

Think that is more down to the translation from french to english rather than the player actually approaching another club 

5 hours ago, POR said:

That translation on L'Independant's site looks like it's done by a bot. The verb "se rapprocher" can mean "come close to" as well as "approach", which would put a slightly different spin on it.

I don't really know how reliable they are as a source so as mentioned earlier best taken with a pinch of salt for now.

10 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

I don't really know how reliable they are as a source so as mentioned earlier best taken with a pinch of salt for now.

That's true P the French press are well known for making stuff up to big up their teams example I've lost count how many times PSG are going to sign Mo Salah and Trent Alexander Arnold  🤣

7 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

So it appears to be a mountain out of a molehill

26 minutes ago, POR said:

That's true P the French press are well known for making stuff up to big up their teams example I've lost count how many times PSG are going to sign Mo Salah and Trent Alexander Arnold  🤣

So it appears to be a mountain out of a molehill

So it's a Noey  from Joey (sorry 😆)

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Phil Briscoe said:

Assuming it’s all true it’s a good opportunity for the club to get a quote from Joey into the public domain  about his commitment to the club and what we’re trying to achieve. Especially since his commitment has been questioned by some fans.

Likes the Golf ⛳ here. 

Any way  now the League Express has updated  us on  Joey  maybe it's time to worry about the Bulls 🤣 cos according to LE they have been making waves in recent days and weeks with the amount of quality that they are bringing in recruitment wise.as Mark Dunning builds a Super League-quality squad and with a couple more signings including Keven Appo who's waiting for a visa  the ambition is there to crack 2023 and potentially even make it to Super League after almost a decade in the wilderness.🤣

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Phil Briscoe said:

Assuming it’s all true it’s a good opportunity for the club to get a quote from Joey into the public domain  about his commitment to the club and what we’re trying to achieve. Especially since his commitment has been questioned by some fans.

Remember what he said when he signed P

“Me and my family have really settled in here. We love it so far, we love the school and the lifestyle here so it was a really easy decision to make.

2 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Have you noticed who the author is though? 😂

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

😂indeed! You'd like to think he's made a phone call or something for this article though as it does actually attempt to provide a news update, rather than going for a "5 Possible Destinations For Joey Leilua"-type speculation piece.

I saw a post on Facebook yesterday, one from SRL saying he was off to catalans and then this as a response saying he wasn't. With the collective quality of reporting, it's difficult to know who to believe. 😂😂😂

My assumption therefore is they're both wrong, so as we were as if they'd never been written. 😉

• Like 1

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

13 minutes ago, gazza77 said:

I saw a post on Facebook yesterday, one from SRL saying he was off to catalans and then this as a response saying he wasn't. With the collective quality of reporting, it's difficult to know who to believe. 😂😂😂

My assumption therefore is they're both wrong, so as we were as if they'd never been written. 😉

I genuinely think there's at least a chance that one of those outlets was first alerted to the story on here.

I see the C%S fan callum has written another piece about the championship title race Three Championship favourites to earn Super League promotion in 2023  so it's us TO and the Bulls He first listed new players but funnily enough didn't mention Caleb who he previously said was in the top five championship signings 🤣 anyway gist pf the matter was

Long will get the West Yorkshire side firing on all cylinders. 

Houles’  has been there and done it before

.and

Mark Dunning has made some brilliant signings and has a formidable squad