2023 Squad

marklaspalmas

More news Jesse has spoken:

"We underachieved last year in terms of what I wanted to achieve as well as the club. At that moment in time I needed clarity because I only signed for one year. Obviously my family was ready to stay. I was thinking to have one more year and get Featherstone over the line and then play another year in Super League. That was the big vision I had, but as you know things get in the way and plans don’t go according to plan. I needed clarity for my future and at the time Featherstone couldn’t give me an answer."

which I think is a bit sad and rather silly when it seems we have retained the services of Hepi Flemming and Lockwood

Furthemore to upset some on here🤣

“I learnt a lot last year as a player and Brian McDermott was another awesome coach for me in terms of leadership and values. I really enjoyed my time under him, that one year was like a five-year experience in terms of rugby alone I can’t speak highly enough of him."

Edited by marklaspalmas
Incorrect quote

7 hours ago, POR said:

More news Jesse has spoken 

We underachieved last year in terms of what I wanted to achieve as well as the club. At that moment in time I needed clarity because I only signed for one year.

“Obviously my family was ready to stay. I was thinking to have one more year and get Featherstone over the line and then play another year in Super League. That was the big vision I had, but as you know things get in the way and plans don’t go according to plan.

“I needed clarity for my future and at the time Featherstone couldn’t give me an answer which I think is a bit sad and rather silly when it seems we have retained the services of Hepi Flemming and Lockwood

“I learnt a lot last year as a player and Brian McDermott was another awesome coach for me in terms of leadership and values.“I really enjoyed my time under him, that one year was like a five-year experience in terms of rugby alone I can’t speak highly enough of him

It's all about opinions. Liked Jesse a lot but sadly for one reason or another he didn't live up to his billing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fevrover said:

It's all about opinions. Liked Jesse a lot but sadly for one reason or another he didn't live up to his billing.

I'd agree, maybe we didn't see the best of him after that injury in the first match, but he really didn't show enough to justify another contract in my opinion. Seems like a nice bloke, so wish him look at the Eagles, except when he plays against us.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, POR said:

More news Jesse has spoken 

We underachieved last year in terms of what I wanted to achieve as well as the club. At that moment in time I needed clarity because I only signed for one year.

“Obviously my family was ready to stay. I was thinking to have one more year and get Featherstone over the line and then play another year in Super League. That was the big vision I had, but as you know things get in the way and plans don’t go according to plan.

“I needed clarity for my future and at the time Featherstone couldn’t give me an answer which I think is a bit sad and rather silly when it seems we have retained the services of Hepi Flemming and Lockwood

“I learnt a lot last year as a player and Brian McDermott was another awesome coach for me in terms of leadership and values.“I really enjoyed my time under him, that one year was like a five-year experience in terms of rugby alone I can’t speak highly enough of him

Interesting comment on other players, particularly as I seem to recall 2 of those mentioned came in during 2022 on contracts that ran till the end of 2023.....

42 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Interesting comment on other players, particularly as I seem to recall 2 of those mentioned came in during 2022 on contracts that ran till the end of 2023.....

Indeed, but it's worth pointing out how misleading that line is as quoted in that post with the missing punctuation, it makes it look like it was Jesse himself who was describing it as sad and silly that he didn't get retained when Locky etc did.

• Thanks 3

12 hours ago, Daft old hooker said:

Although I think he has a point about Hepi and Fleming, don’t think either are good enough.

I might be wrong, but I think that's POR's opinion, rather than Jesse's.  There should be a " after 'give me an answer'.

32 minutes ago, Tubby said:

I might be wrong, but I think that's POR's opinion, rather than Jesse's.  There should be a " after 'give me an answer'.

No you're not wrong, the actual quote from Jesse in that TotalRL piece was

“I needed clarity for my future and at the time Featherstone couldn’t give me an answer and I had to go looking but it fell in to place the move to Sheffield.

“It was timing as well with Sheffield being the right option.”

The link to that piece is https://www.totalrl.com/jesse-sene-lefao-reveals-why-he-left-featherstone-rovers-and-his-relationship-with-ex-leeds-rhinos-boss-brian-mcdermott/

He never mentioned any of the players that have been inserted into his actual quote.

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

No you're not wrong, the actual quote from Jesse in that TotalRL piece was

“I needed clarity for my future and at the time Featherstone couldn’t give me an answer and I had to go looking but it fell in to place the move to Sheffield.

“It was timing as well with Sheffield being the right option.”

The link to that piece is https://www.totalrl.com/jesse-sene-lefao-reveals-why-he-left-featherstone-rovers-and-his-relationship-with-ex-leeds-rhinos-boss-brian-mcdermott/

He never mentioned any of the players that have been inserted into his actual quote.

I thought it strange him naming players he dosnt seem that type of person.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Daft old hooker said:

That’s fair enough I stand corrected on who said it but my opinion on the players still stands, I don’t think they are the players who will get us promotion.

No I agree, though I don't think Hepi played quite as well for us as he had for Toulouse, he's undersized but not a bad player on his day. I said I was a bit puzzled about the Fleming signing at the time, the only thing I can think of is that there's such a shortage of middles for all clubs that we just wanted to get as much depth at the position signed up as possible, go on every forum and you'll barely find one where they aren't saying they're short of props/middles.

To be honest I'll be surprised if either is a regular in the 17 this year barring injury (and I think Hepi might have an injury himself).

Hepi does have a go but he has not quite got the size.Decent squad player but will struggle to get more than the odd start without others being injured.Fleming i think is a squad filler and he would be affordable if he is on more than 12 k he has done well.I noticed when he played for Wales he did put himself about but made a couple of handling mistakes and poor goal line defence helped let a try in.He needs to get a bit nasty and aggressive to impose himself on opponents.Unless he shows more he will struggle to get into the first 19 for match day.

On 13/12/2022 at 09:18, POR said:

More news Jesse has spoken:

"We underachieved last year in terms of what I wanted to achieve as well as the club. At that moment in time I needed clarity because I only signed for one year. Obviously my family was ready to stay. I was thinking to have one more year and get Featherstone over the line and then play another year in Super League. That was the big vision I had, but as you know things get in the way and plans don’t go according to plan. I needed clarity for my future and at the time Featherstone couldn’t give me an answer."

which I think is a bit sad and rather silly when it seems we have retained the services of Hepi Flemming and Lockwood

“I learnt a lot last year as a player and Brian McDermott was another awesome coach for me in terms of leadership and values. I really enjoyed my time under him, that one year was like a five-year experience in terms of rugby alone I can’t speak highly enough of him."

I tidied this post up because it's caused confusion and doesn't reflect what JSL said.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

More news

Super Leagues tallest ever player Corentin Le Cam who was one of a number of Catalans players let go at the end of the 2022 season There was  speculation linking him with a Championship and League One move. However, those moves have not been forthcoming so Le Cam has instead signed for Ceret – a rugby union side in the south of France.

30 minutes ago, POR said:

More news

Super Leagues tallest ever player Corentin Le Cam who was one of a number of Catalans players let go at the end of the 2022 season There was  speculation linking him with a Championship and League One move. However, those moves have not been forthcoming so Le Cam has instead signed for Ceret – a rugby union side in the south of France.

He will be handy in the line outs.

• Haha 1

More news on a recent Q/A with matt shaw

Q What are featherstone doing with new signing or are they finished ? 

A  They want at least one more. I think they've got something World Cup related planned. Watch this space on that one.

By the law of averages we are more than likely to pick up at least one, maybe more, season ending injuries? Once the final piece of the jigsaw is in place it would be best to keep some cash in reserve. That squad should be good enough for a higher play-off place, but strengthening may be needed for the final run-in?

• Like 5

PNG prop incoming. 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb