2023 Squad

marklaspalmas

1 hour ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

I've seen posts on both Wakefield and Cas social media/forums suggesting it's time to start talking about mergers again. I haven't seen anything like that for donkey's years, wonder why that's suddenly starting now 🤔🙄

That would be a great idea I think Trinity Tigers has a certain ring about it

Trinity Tigers 10'' x 10'' Retro Team Sign

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rovers fev said:

Any news on current injury situations club always seems to be quiet on injury’s 

hankinson 

lacans 

springer 

ford

MK

I was sat in front of Fordy and MK on Sunday and asked them how they were doing, Mark is resuming training this week or next and hopes to be playing in May, Fordy was a bit more guarded regarding his recovery but said he's doing ok, even though he had a knee brace on. 

I think sometimes they genuinely don't know, we have had a couple of players return from hamstring injuries after a couple of weeks this season having initially been forecasted to be out longer.

That said, Kheirallah said a good few weeks ago that he was targeting the Sheffield game in May for his comeback so it sounds like he is on target, he's been reportedly been back running for some time and it's good to hear he's back in full training soon. Where he might fit into the 17 remains to be seen of course!

16 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

I think sometimes they genuinely don't know, we have had a couple of players return from hamstring injuries after a couple of weeks this season having initially been forecasted to be out longer.

That said, Kheirallah said a good few weeks ago that he was targeting the Sheffield game in May for his comeback so it sounds like he is on target, he's been reportedly been back running for some time and it's good to hear he's back in full training soon. Where he might fit into the 17 remains to be seen of course!

I think with Ford out he will slip into the 6 role allowing Taylor to go back to 13 if lacans is out injured for a while 

• Like 1

Mathew Shaw in one of his Q and A’s mentioned that we are looking to recruit. If we do, who/what position would you want?. I’d have a half back, Mellor would be great, but I’m doubtful that Leigh would release him or let him go out on loan.

2 hours ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

, but I’m doubtful that Leigh would release him or let him go out on loan.

Maybe last year M wnen he was a regular played  30 times and scored in grand final but this year lam has gone for reynolds and he has only played twice when reynolds was banned

By way of injury update. 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

5 hours ago, gazza77 said:

By way of injury update. 

Good to get an update and in some detail too, though I must admit I always find it difficult to tell when the trainers are referring to returning to training and being ready to play. Sounds like none of them will be back in the near future and Kheirallah's longstanding aim to be back for the Sheffield game isn't going to happen.

Both Springer and Lacans described as Grade 2 hamstring injuries, both in the gym, looking at early May return.
Ford and Kheirallah on target for the backend of May.

We need to try and cobble together a couple of wins at Batley and London and then hopefully after a 3-week break we might have one or two back for what looks a big game at home to Sheffield.

2 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Good to get an update and in some detail too, though I must admit I always find it difficult to tell when the trainers are referring to returning to training and being ready to play. Sounds like none of them will be back in the near future and Kheirallah's longstanding aim to be back for the Sheffield game isn't going to happen.

Both Springer and Lacans described as Grade 2 hamstring injuries, both in the gym, looking at early May return.

We need to try and cobble together a couple of wins at Batley and London and then hopefully after a 3-week break we might have one or two back for what looks a big game at home to Sheffield.

Does make me wonder if we have a few niggles in the pack as well, as a few haven't looked 100% lately, and Koppy for example isn't in the squad this week. Makes sense to bring a couple of middles in on that basis. 

Please view my photos.

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

7 minutes ago, gazza77 said:

Does make me wonder if we have a few niggles in the pack as well, as a few haven't looked 100% lately, and Koppy for example isn't in the squad this week. Makes sense to bring a couple of middles in on that basis. 

Koppy is suspended Gazza.

3 minutes ago, J Phil Loxton said:

Koppy is suspended Gazza.

Doh! 😂

Please view my photos.

Book now via airbnb

35 minutes ago, gazza77 said:

Longy has implied that we have picked up injuries in the pack since our last game (possibly after we had agreed to let Coops go out on loan).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, POR said:

Cozza in french 30 man squad for england end of april

Well deserved nowt flashy about him but he does the basics very well and you can't fault the effort he puts in.First game against Keighley i said he needed to improve and he has really impressed me since then with his workrate.

On 07/04/2023 at 09:49, The Phantom Horseman said:

Listening to Long's interview on RoversTV after the London game, he says we can expect Springer and Lacans back for the Sheffield game and Ford and Kheirallah for "the York game" by which he presumably means the Summer Bash on 27th May.

Edited by The Phantom Horseman
  • Thanks 1