2023 Squad

marklaspalmas

On 25/04/2023 at 10:14, The Phantom Horseman said:

I'd say Matthieu Cozza looks very likely to play for France against England on Saturday. Seven of the 20-man French squad are threequarters, and there are only six middles plus two back rows in the team. Two of the middles are less experienced than Cozza so I'd be surprised if he didn't at least make the bench, maybe even start.

Cozza is playing back row, having played middle pretty much all year for us.

3 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Reports via Cozza's father say he's being scanned for a suspected broken cheekbone ☹️

If it is that will be 5 to 6 weeks out.Some players may be a bit apprehensive when playing after such an injury.With what i have seen of Cozza i think he will be ok.

13 hours ago, Phil Briscoe said:

He’s a tough lad but surely there’s a case for us bringing someone in now. 

I think assuming Taylor and Springer are fit again we are probably just about ok for numbers in the pack at the moment. We've got Kopczak, Lockwood, Bussey, Day, Davies, Yei, Springer, Taylor and Moors, that's 9 players to fill 8 spots in the 17.

I'm not sure I'd play Vete or Aydin over any of those 9 guys and I doubt there are many better options available to us, everyone's towing for middles. Always the option of bringing Coops back though I do wonder if we've seen the last of him in a Fev jersey.

If we have all our forwards fit for the last couple of matches i would have real difficulty in picking the 9 we would play.Considering starting Wildie with Jones coming on later which 7 remaining forwards would you pick.A lot will depend on their form at the back end but some will be left out who would walk into other Championship teams l

29 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

If we have all our forwards fit for the last couple of matches i would have real difficulty in picking the 9 we would play.Considering starting Wildie with Jones coming on later which 7 remaining forwards would you pick.A lot will depend on their form at the back end but some will be left out who would walk into other Championship teams l

Indeed, it's a good point as for me there really isn't much between our best 9 or 10 forwards. We'll all have our own favourites but I reckon there would be a lot of different replies if Fev fans were asked to leave 1 name out from the 9 I mentioned.

If everyone is fit I would have no problem always picking seven  forwards to be in the starting seventeen

Gadwin S Matty W  Brad D Mathieu C Elijah T all to start and  McKenzie Y Connor J on the bench and then you can pick anyone to fill in knowing the quality of the team won't diminish

29 minutes ago, The odd ball said:

Morgan smith back on loan now wakie have Gale may be ? 

I thought that, but Applegarth was quoted by the Yorkshire Post as saying "We have no intention of letting anyone go out", though he might have been talking in terms of permanent exits.

I like Morgan and he certainly wouldn't let us down but for me he's a really similar player to Lacans with similar strengths and weaknesses.

The last update we had on injuries was about a month ago and Lacans (& Springer) were due back in "early May" and Ford (& Kheirallah) in "the backend of May", if that's still the case I'd be happy to proceed with who we have unless someone who's a clear upgrade becomes available.

1 hour ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

I thought that, but Applegarth was quoted by the Yorkshire Post as saying "We have no intention of letting anyone go out", though he might have been talking in terms of permanent exits.

I like Morgan and he certainly wouldn't let us down but for me he's a really similar player to Lacans with similar strengths and weaknesses.

The last update we had on injuries was about a month ago and Lacans (& Springer) were due back in "early May" and Ford (& Kheirallah) in "the backend of May", if that's still the case I'd be happy to proceed with who we have unless someone who's a clear upgrade becomes available.

Morgan Smith is decent, but not sure that except for being more experienced he is a great deal better than Lacans. Unless we can find a real game changer I’ll stick with who we have.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Not good news about ET, recently had surgery on a detached retina and likely to be out for quite a while.

Detached retina can take anywhere between two to eight weeks to recover from surgery.