2023 Squad

marklaspalmas

I said on here when we signed Fleming that it seemed a bit of a strange one, which I wouldnt say very often. Probably reflected the dearth of middles available at the time but he's nowhere near our starting 17 when everyone is fit so makes sense to move him on. 

We got Springer from them and now they've got Fleming from us, think most of us will be pretty comfortable with that.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

I said on here when we signed Fleming that it seemed a bit of a strange one, which I wouldnt say very often. Probably reflected the dearth of middles available at the time but he's nowhere near our starting 17 when everyone is fit so makes sense to move him on. 

We got Springer from them and now they've got Fleming from us, think most of us will be pretty comfortable with that.

Grix doesn't want that type of player. 🤣 His signings this season have been suspect to say the least.

1 hour ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

He's not been that close to the 17 even when we've had plenty of injuries. Strange signing, no surprise he's moved on, but back to fax is a unexpected. 

Edited by gazza77
  • Like 1

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

30 minutes ago, gazza77 said:

He's not been that close to the 17 even when we've had plenty of injuries. Strange signing, no surprise he's moved on, but back to fax is a unexpected. 

He wanted to go back there his kids support them and he wasn't getting anywhere at Featherstone.

• Thanks 1

Think we signed him when Mac was going through the phase of we need any big man there is to match Leigh physically to see if they had a plan B! He infamously said that after one of our defeats to them.
Nothing against the guy but he’s nowhere near good enough. Very surprised Fax have taken him. 

Just now, Rovers fev said:

Fleming was far from impressive 

wonder if we have any plans to bring in any other signings 

I think we still need another prop and locky and koppy look to be slowing down 

With Fleming the price was right he was a squad filler on a low contract .I would be surprised if he was on more than Cooper who is a brilliant club man but just short of what is required.Who would believe Fleming is an international,when you think of Welsh teams of my youth it is remarkable.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, lingaro said:

Featherstone TRINITY next season

Been called that right at the beginning of our existence if iam not mistaken.Just checked  Fev archive and there were a few teams in Fev one called Fev Trinity but not sure if it was the original Fev team. Over to you MLP or PHM.

Edited by Fevrover

1 hour ago, Fevrover said:

Been called that right at the beginning of our existence if iam not mistaken.Just checked  Fev archive and there were a few teams in Fev one called Fev Trinity but not sure if it was the original Fev team. Over to you MLP or PHM.

Featherstone Trinity were formed in 1889 and were the town's first big club. They played until 1902. After dropping the trinity tag they were just Featherstone from about 1893. A rugby union club of course. Northern Union started in 1895 and Featherstone went over in 1898, competing in both the Challenge Cup and Yorkshire Cup.

I don't think Featherstone Rovers can trace a direct line back to that club, although opinions may differ.

It's no coincidence for me that after this club packed in, in the summer of 1902, that George Johnson found the time and space to form a new club that winter based at the Railway Hotel playing on Umbleby's field and calling themselves Featherstone Rovers. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, marklaspalmas said:

I don't think Featherstone Rovers can trace a direct line back to that club, although opinions may differ.

If Bradford Bulls 2017 Limited can claim the history of Braford Northern and the other clubs/companies in between (and a number of other clubs do in a similar way) I'm sure we can claim the history of Featherstone Trinity. 😉

Well it would give us an additional anniversary in 2034 as the 150 anniversary to the foundation of Fev Trinity. 🤣

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.