2023 Squad

marklaspalmas

2 minutes ago, Daft old hooker said:

Yeah he has been a great servant to us and I would never put him down but unfortunately the position he plays I size usually matters, imagine if he had Flemings size to go with his efforts and he would have been next level.

Yes that's true. I think similar comments apply to Tyla Hepi who really puts himself about but just lacks that bit of size. Then again, if John Davies had been Fleming's size he would have never played for us as he'd have been in SL all his career.

• Like 4

On 18/05/2023 at 17:46, POR said:

FORMER Super League forward Brett Ferres is facing a mammoth ban after being slapped with a Grade F charge of “intentional contact” with a match official.the charge aimed at Ferres was for an alleged ball-throw at the referee.

Found not guilty of all charges 

Edited by elppaxr2i

On 23/05/2023 at 16:23, The Phantom Horseman said:

Then again, if John Davies had been Fleming's size he would have never played for us as he'd have been in SL all his career.

I've  lost count how many times commentators have mentioned when he goes on one of his blockbuster runs JD height or should I say lack of it BLESS

48 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Interesting snippet from Arama Hau's interview at the Up Next night that Leeds were in for him before he signed for Fev.

Typical thought he would wait while the mighty Leeds made  their mind up

Edited by POR

• 2 weeks later...

I’d have thought that we are done with recruitment unless we pick up any injuries. Just hard to see any position where we haven’t got any strength, except perhaps half back, in case of injury, but personally so long as they stay fit, I’ve come around to Lacans partnering Ford.

16 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Josh Drinkwater picked up an ankle injury and will miss Warrington's game this week, whether or not Dean was going to stay with Warrington anyway, who knows, but presumably he'll be in the frame to play for Warrington against Huddersfield on Saturday.

Think that the Dean loan is done, Lacans has gone well for us, and the last few weeks has shown that we can’t rely on Dean being available. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Josh Drinkwater picked up an ankle injury and will miss Warrington's game this week, whether or not Dean was going to stay with Warrington anyway, who knows, but presumably he'll be in the frame to play for Warrington against Huddersfield on Saturday.

Powell reported that but Drinkwater named in squad along side Riley😕

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

How’s everyone feeling with the squad, do we need one more major recruit or happy to rock as we are I’m pretty happy how we are but if someone whose nrl/super league level comes available I would be opposed to them signing an 18 month deal just like Daniel smith has 

On 09/06/2023 at 10:57, Rovers fev said:

How’s everyone feeling with the squad, do we need one more major recruit or happy to rock as we are I’m pretty happy how we are but if someone whose nrl/super league level comes available I would be opposed to them signing an 18 month deal just like Daniel smith has 

Don't you rate him ?

On 09/06/2023 at 10:57, Rovers fev said:

So keeping someone with recent NRL/SL game time is a bad idea

22 hours ago, POR said:

So keeping someone with recent NRL/SL game time is a bad idea

There was a typo there I meant wouldn’t be opposed 

I do rate smith very highly think he was one of the better players yesterday 

think we need a half back wonder what Chizzy ryley jacks and Morgan smith are doing 

4 hours ago, Rovers fev said:

think we need a half back wonder what Chizzy ryley jacks and Morgan smith are doing 

Hopefully not talking to us 

Smith is starting weekly for Wakey anyway but is not a general, chizzy is the complete opposite of a general anyway, dont think Jacks will bother after the last month of his experience here with us

Edited by elppaxr2i

On 11/06/2023 at 18:39, Monkeymagic22 said:

The other option is bringing Riley Dean back, if that’s still a possibility. Clearly there aren’t many half backs available in the Uk.

That ship now confirmed as having sailed, it seems
https://www.warringtonguardian.co.uk/sport/wolves/wolvesnews/23585938.warrington-wolves-half-back-set-castleford-tigers-loan/