Poching Sacked

2 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Maybe they are getting wind of a change from P&R in 2023 so will be saving money on the coach and squad in order to invest in the ground. If so, expect an "up and coming" Championship coach to be brought in.

To be honest they should have been improving their ground piecemeal since they entered Super League. yes they did some improvements add hoc, but in my opinion not enough.

It is also my opinion that grounds will be part of the criteria for Super League soon, hence why in my opinion London Broncos have moved in with Wimbledon soccer club. in case they get promoted back to Super League. Just saying

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

To be honest they should have been improving their ground piecemeal since they entered Super League. yes they did some improvements add hoc, but in my opinion not enough.

It is also my opinion that grounds will be part of the criteria for Super League soon, hence why in my opinion London Broncos have moved in with Wimbledon soccer club. in case they get promoted back to Super League. Just saying

What would have been the point in throwing good money after bad when there was never any intention to stay at BV? (Prior to 2019).

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Yep but then that coach would avoid it by a mile if they are just going to be the useful idiot that holds the fort, gets pumped and then they go and get the coach they actually want. I think they will be after McDermott. 

As things stand we can only guess what might be for 2023 season and 2024 season, but what happens to them in they get relegated?

There appears to be some sort of underlying problems at Fev with him and the players, so he might welcome a move away from Post Office road

7 hours ago, Forever Trinity said:

If you read the detail he was signed as head coach for 12 months at which point it would be reviewed, that review has taken place and an extension has not been agreed hardly a sacking. based on the full season and how we hit rock bottom after the Magic weekend its no surprise.

It’s called click bait. The subject is worth discussing but the title is sensationalising and not an accurate description of what really happened. 

I was surprised he wasn’t offered a permanent contract but they must have their reasons.

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

14 hours ago, The Future is League said:

As things stand we can only guess what might be for 2023 season and 2024 season, but what happens to them in they get relegated?

There appears to be some sort of underlying problems at Fev with him and the players, so he might welcome a move away from Post Office road

the biggest underlying problem seems to be with the incredibly demanding fans and their ideas about McDermott. Rovers finished second to an expensively assembled Leigh side, but apparently not in the right way. 

15 hours ago, Londonbornirishbred said:

Didn't see that coming. 

Yes, they were terrible for chunks of the season, but when it mattered they looked pretty classy winning 4 from 5.

Not sure what the owner expects, but it'll take more than a new coach to turn Wakefield into anything other than a 7th-12th side next year.

I do wonder when I hear teams improve and a player revolt as to whether the players decided how to play in those few games.

It did happen at Salford under one of the awful coaches we had (take a pick from Greg, McRae,Harvey etc) I don't recall which one it was though.

1 hour ago, ShropshireBull said:

In two years Wakey will be one of the most attractive jobs in the sport with ground sorted, comercial online and chance to really compete. Next year it looks like the worst job possible with lowest budget (lower than Leigh and Salford might get a bit of playoff cash) but expected to stay up. 

I fully expect Wakey to be in the Championship in 2024, this seems to be the first year a team will get promoted and not automatically be the favs to go down. There is some real pressure on Wakey to stay up next year because I think the Championship will ruin them once the SL funding is taken off them. Without that I would put the other 2 teams in the championship with WF postcodes in front of them.

18 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

Yep but then that coach would avoid it by a mile if they are just going to be the useful idiot that holds the fort, gets pumped and then they go and get the coach they actually want. I think they will be after McDermott. 

McDermott for Wakefield? Well it is a massive city so perhaps ❗😃

53 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Before the redev I would´ve agreed with you but now I feel that if they go down they will be ok thanks to being able to generate rev. On the SL Funding you could say that a few clubs in SL including Huddersfield, Salford, Wakey and maybe Cas. 

Yep next year it is the first year in 3 years that SL clubs will face a fair fight against relegation. Leigh will push them all the way. 

I honestly don't think they will, I don't expect Leigh to be in the relegation battle. Now they do have to get rid of some players but I think they will avoid the norm for the promoted team in just picking up what scraps are available and I think they probably look a good prospect now for any semi ambitious player.

2 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

Yep next year it is the first year in 3 years that SL clubs will face a fair fight against relegation. Leigh will push them all the way. 

1 hour ago, The Blues Ox said:

I honestly don't think they will, I don't expect Leigh to be in the relegation battle. Now they do have to get rid of some players but I think they will avoid the norm for the promoted team in just picking up what scraps are available and I think they probably look a good prospect now for any semi ambitious player.

Whoever does get promoted(i'm not counting any chickens just yet) will have a lot to thank Toulouse for, as no matter how prepared a promoted club is in terms of finances available and players signed, you are completely on the back foot if the club in 11th knows they are safe 2/3+ months before the end of the year. 

I am pleased though that the appointment of Lam/Chester has brought a change in the recruitment strategy away from the 1 year deals where the coaching staff were basically given full license to recruit a SL squad from May 1st without penalty if we didn't go up. The 1 year deals might have been the safer option but ultimately you need a 3 year sustained push to avoid the yo-yo. This is probably the earliest we've ever recruited going into a season, it's 2 years late but we actually feel 'SL ready' now.