Fax 5.30pm sunday

georgeb1

12 minutes ago, Nearenough said:

rfl need some serious sorting out of the mens and womens fixture lists so these sort of daft fixture clashes dont happen in future

What time is the ladies game? Β I’m a fax fan but my cousin’s daughter plays for York so I watch occasionally. I think they’ve had to reschedule the fixture because of the queens funeral on Monday .

Edited by Rockingchair

15 minutes ago, Nearenough said:

rfl need some serious sorting out of the mens and womens fixture lists so these sort of daft fixture clashes dont happen in future

Men could have played on sat with Halifax's football club being away , probably got more to do with premier sport than the R L .

• Like 2

5 hours ago, georgeb1 said:

If we can get the 3 pigeons to show the ladies game on t vΒ  3.30pm we've got a right party Sunday afternoon.πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

Up the kneets and kneetesses.πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

it's on sky arenaΒ 

• Thanks 1

Nothing to lose this Sunday, I (stupidly!) tipped Halifax to struggle to gel this season but they’ve done well and have beaten us fairly comfortably in both games. However all the pressure is on them especially as they look like they could push Fev all the way to the final. I hope we play with a bit of freedom and move the ball a bit like we did yesterday and not revert to 5 inside passes and a kick (yes I know there’s a difference in opposition).

A shame we couldn’t get a sponsor onboard and do some discounted bus travel, get a few hundred over there.Β 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, This Sporting Strife said:

Part of me thinks we could win this. I know Workington are struggling, but the team was passing very well. And how about then beating Leigh?!

Part one yes I could buy that , but as for Leigh πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ sweet dreams.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, AB Knight said:

Nothing to lose this Sunday, I (stupidly!) tipped Halifax to struggle to gel this season but they’ve done well and have beaten us fairly comfortably in both games. However all the pressure is on them especially as they look like they could push Fev all the way to the final. I hope we play with a bit of freedom and move the ball a bit like we did yesterday and not revert to 5 inside passes and a kick (yes I know there’s a difference in opposition).

A shame we couldn’t get a sponsor onboard and do some discounted bus travel, get a few hundred over there.Β 

And if I remember rightly AB York too pushed us (FEV) all the way at Post Office Road. So go get emπŸ™‚

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 12/09/2022 at 12:51, georgeb1 said:

If we can get the 3 pigeons to show the ladies game on t vΒ  3.30pm we've got a right party Sunday afternoon.πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

Up the kneets and kneetesses.πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

Club has now confirmed the coaches will arrive at fax in time to watch the ladies match at a pub ( TBC) close to the groundπŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

• Like 1

The Three Pigeons near The Shay only has normal tv. The best bet for watching Sky would be The Ring o Bells next to The Minster, turn right out of the railway station, or The Royal Oak which is straight up Horton Street out of the railway station and 5 minutes on your left. Both pubs have real ale. 🍺 πŸ‰β—οΈ

• Thanks 3

8 hours ago, Ovenden Grunt said:

The Three Pigeons near The Shay only has normal tv. The best bet for watching Sky would be The Ring o Bells next to The Minster, turn right out of the railway station, or The Royal Oak which is straight up Horton Street out of the railway station and 5 minutes on your left. Both pubs have real ale. 🍺 πŸ‰β—οΈ

but...but....the pork pies!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mick the Miller said:

According to a Halifax director, if we win on Sunday we replace them as the highest ranked team and would play Featherstone away, not Leigh. I thought as ending up 6th we would get Leigh if we beat Fax.Β 

That's not what he said. He was referring to prize money not play off places. I'm not sure he got that right though.