Fax 5.30pm sunday

georgeb1

On 12/09/2022 at 18:58, georgeb1 said:

much more of contest you would have thought 😉

The Barrow/Batley game was going to be on Monday evening, but the Queen's funeral has changed that the date so no TV for that game.

• Thanks 1

On 15/09/2022 at 10:13, Mick the Miller said:

According to a Halifax director, if we win on Sunday we replace them as the highest ranked team and would play Featherstone away, not Leigh. I thought as ending up 6th we would get Leigh if we beat Fax. 

Ha ha don't be clutching at straws. Leigh get the lowest team. Fev get the highest.

3 hours ago, J Phil Loxton said:

Ha ha don't be clutching at straws. Leigh get the lowest team. Fev get the highest.

He was talking about the funding for final positions rather than who would play Fev or Leigh but I believe he has that wrong as well as we will always end up with more funding than the loser of the Barrow V Batley game.

1 hour ago, The Blues Ox said:

He was talking about the funding for final positions rather than who would play Fev or Leigh but I believe he has that wrong as well as we will always end up with more funding than the loser of the Barrow V Batley game.

Yeah because Fax can't lose 3rd spot.

here's what he said BO

This is a massive game for the club as it will determine our finishing position in the Championship table and therefore how much central funding we receive in 2023. People probably don’t realise that if we lose to York, they then take on the 3rd place position in the league

I think  poor little lamb got confused the playoffs are like any cup comp the further you progress the more money you get but they are stand alone the final league table is set in stone and Fax will get funding commensurate to third place £££££££££££

• Thanks 2

How many missed matches is that now? Given what we’ve paid him over the last two years he’s probably on more in terms of £’s per minutes played than Latrell Mitchell. Sorry, he’s no doubt a lovely bloke, but we actually need a half back who is on the pitch, not one sitting next to James Ford. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Fax Knight said:

How many missed matches is that now? Given what we’ve paid him over the last two years he’s probably on more in terms of £’s per minutes played than Latrell Mitchell. Sorry, he’s no doubt a lovely bloke, but we actually need a half back who is on the pitch, not one sitting next to James Ford. 

plus sticking with a half back who is so 'now you see me, now you dont' just hard bakes inconsistency into the team.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, POR said:

here's what he said BO

This is a massive game for the club as it will determine our finishing position in the Championship table and therefore how much central funding we receive in 2023. People probably don’t realise that if we lose to York, they then take on the 3rd place position in the league

I think  poor little lamb got confused the playoffs are like any cup comp the further you progress the more money you get but they are stand alone the final league table is set in stone and Fax will get funding commensurate to third place £££££££££££

Aye.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, POR said:

here's what he said BO

Yeah I saw what he said and think he has got totally mixed up about what is happening but I think he is right that the final funding is decided after the playoffs or at least that is what I remember the RFL saying unless someone has seen a change to that. Obviously Leigh always have the lowest ranked team so that never changes but I think funding is still to be decided?

Yeah I saw what he said and think he has got totally mixed up about what is happening but I think he is right that the final funding is decided after the playoffs or at least that is what I remember the RFL saying unless someone has seen a change to that. Obviously Leigh always have the lowest ranked team so that never changes but I think funding is still to be decided?

In 2020 York received funding as the 3rd placed team in 2019. The play-offs weren't taken into account. No idea if it's changed since, mind.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

Who knows? It is Rugby League after all❗🙄

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Hard to say how many Knights fans will actually be at the Shay. A number of supporters will have travelled to St Helens, watching our Ladies, hopefully, win the Grand Final. I think the men's game will be much closer than people think. Maybe a Jamie Ellis drop goal in the 79th minute to win it for the Knights.🤫

• Like 2

1 minute ago, coolie said:

Credit where credit is due👏👏👏

Well done cracking game 👏👏👏

Best team won, only drawback is🤔

Another trip to Leigh 

Which is no reward for your efforts tonight

Well done 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

Think I’m going to print and frame this. Praise from coolie 🤗

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5