Fax 5.30pm sunday

georgeb1

We can take a lot of pride from this result. We were pretty much written off a few weeks back. But three wins on the bounce since the Leigh mauling will have restored some confidence ahead of todays game but I have to confess I didn’t see that coming. Well done lads. Even if we do not make it any further at least we can say we made a Championship semi final for the very first time. 👏🏼

• Like 7

Beer and York Knights. Proof the God loves us and wants us to be happy. 🍺🏉

6 minutes ago, spanishknight said:

That's the first Championship play off the Knights have ever won, well done to the team and the coaching team.

Congrats  S Watching it always thought you had the beating of them but didn't you make it hard for yourselves  you could have really mugged them off but winger went walkabout 3 warmsley tries 16 points when there was nowt on for Fax

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, HaxbyKnight said:

Hard to say how many Knights fans will actually be at the Shay. A number of supporters will have travelled to St Helens, watching our Ladies, hopefully, win the Grand Final. I think the men's game will be much closer than people think. Maybe a Jamie Ellis drop goal in the 79th minute to win it for the Knights.🤫

You were not far off HK.👍🏻

• Like 1

Beer and York Knights. Proof the God loves us and wants us to be happy. 🍺🏉

21 minutes ago, Puk said:

Massive thumbs up to to the team and the coaching staff for that performance.

Think Fax played their cup final last week against Fev and was a massive mistake for them in my opinion while York were steam rolling a relegated side. I only watched the second half but I thoroughly enjoyed it. A great advert for the championship.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

The one thing that really troubles me is the defeatest attitude that your coach displayed in the after match interview when discussing the ability of Leigh and where they might find themselves in the super League table next season. We all know what the odds are of York beating Leigh next week especially after the last encounter but he certainly was sending out the wrong message to his own teams chances. Perhaps this is the reason why Leigh posts so many points against the opposition because they go there expecting the worst. ( Apart from Leigh are very good of course🙄) Ford might have been realistic but he should have kept those views under wraps for another week. Who would have thought York could have over turned Fax last night? Go get em York and ruffle their feathers a bit this time.

• Like 2

our best performance in a long time. great win, i thought Harris was outstanding, his best game in a york shirt...very fitting that he ended the match by booting the ball into the stand behind the posts. if we could have had edwards fit the whole season i think our league position would have been improved. We didnt miss 2P and also improved when ellis left the pitch

i agree with JPL, a little optimism can go a long way!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, blackknight said:

For anyone who didn't see yesterday's victory over Halifax or those like me who want to see it again it's being repeated on Sky chanel 422 tomorrow (Tuesday) at 11.00pm.

Could become an all time classic on the tube that one😀😀😀

1 hour ago, spanishknight said:

Did anyone else hear the commentator say about Inman was Alex Warrington player on loan and he's signed on, hope he means that he's signed for the Knights.

Yes he said it was permanent , wonder if he let the cat out of the bag😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, georgeb1 said:

Yes he said it was permanent , wonder if he let the cat out of the bag😉

Let's hope so. Has looked class. A real live wire every time he has come on. And it will take some of the pressure off Will's shoulders and allow him to play a few less minutes.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, JonT said:

Let's hope so. Has looked class. A real live wire every time he has come on. And it will take some of the pressure off Will's shoulders and allow him to play a few less minutes.

Yes will looked a lot more threatening in both attack and defense yesterday.

• Like 2