Sam Eseh

tms

6 minutes ago, gittinsfan said:

Surely that can't be right.Is'nt he a super league player loaned out to a Championship club?

You got to understand  G  Sam is a  18 year old Wakey  academy  player who has only played for Barrow and FEV in the championship

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

Wiki says he’s 19 in January but it is often wrong. TBH I thought he was 20.

On wakey web page dated 12TH JANUARY 2021 K

Wakefield Trinity are delighted to announce that Academy duo Sam Eseh Junior and Patrick O’Donovan have both signed First Team contracts with the Club.

Eseh, 17

11 hours ago, Fevrover said:

He's better staying at Featherstone a bit longer before he goes back to Wakefield.

11 hours ago, Fevrover said:

He's better staying at Featherstone a bit longer before he goes back to Wakefield.

Doubt that will happen. Applegarth is super committed to playing youngsters, especially ones like Eseh who he's grown from seed so to speak.

He won't start as a regular but if Trinity start well and stay clear of the relegation spots then he will start to get a bench spot. If we end up like this year then, he may go back out on loan but who knows. But if he's 20 in June then IMO he's old enough and lets be honest he's not your average 20 year old.

All that said I wouldn't have an issue if he did another year, just wish you had a better coach.

Edited by Kirmonds pouch

33 minutes ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

Doubt that will happen. Applegarth is super committed to playing youngsters, especially ones like Eseh who he's grown from seed so to speak.

He won't start as a regular but if Trinity start well and stay clear of the relegation spots then he will start to get a bench spot. If we end up like this year then, he may go back out on loan but who knows. But if he's 20 in June then IMO he's old enough and lets be honest he's not your average 20 year old.

All that said I wouldn't have an issue if he did another year, just wish you had a better coach.

Mac spoke highly of him at the player awards and plays him so i don't get your point about him being a better coach ?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

I don't rate him as a coach, never have.

I've seen lots of comments on here and on the other SM site about our coach and his abilities or lack of them, and also about poor morale among the players. 

I attended the training session last night along with 15 others, and from where I was sitting, the players seemed to be responding really well to everything the coaching staff were encouraging them to do, including doing repeated drills until they got them right.

And at the end of the session, instead of rushing away, they all stayed on the field talking and laughing together for ages before they slowly drifted away.

Now , I'm no RL coach so I don't know how good , bad, indifferent BM is, but my eyes said the squad were responding to him in a good way, and I certainly think there is a great bond between the players.

• Like 9

"Out of the way,son. Where's my medal?" Alex Murphy's immortal words as David Hobbs scores his 2nd try in the '83 Cup Final!

He's physically outstanding. He could easily carry 18-19 stone without losing any mobility. He's also an instinctive off loader. Both of the above are far more common in the NRL than is SL, he's a real athlete.

I think it's clear how much Trinity value him that they sent him to one of the two best Championship teams for nearly a full season. I'm personally very grateful for Fevs contribution to this player development, you've done him proud.

I think people are about to be shocked by the talent coming through the Trinity academy/reserves right now. Hall and especially Murphy are rightly picking up the plaudits. But for me the three real gems are Windrow, Camplin and Eseh in the forwards, but as we know forwards take longer.

However out of all of them the one with the potential to be a real super star is Eseh, no doubt in my mind. If he's up for it then other than injury I don't see what can stop him, for a 19 year old he's got it all and if we develop him properly the world is his lobster.

The British game let alone Trinity needs players like this, its early days still and as we know the wheels can always fall off but I can't see another young forward with the attributes Eseh has at the moment. Might have missed one but I can't think who it might be. The last time I was this confident was with Tom Johnstone so fingers crossed.