Benjamin Jullien retires

Hvy wg

Very sad to hear.

A classy and dependable player. I thought he offered a lot to the teams he represented and was perhaps a touch under-valued. A shame that he won't now be turning out for France. 

Obviously wishing him well in his new endeavours.

Certainly wasn't one of McNamara's favourites and that appears to be the main criteria for selection at Catalans unfortunately.

Hopefully he can suit up for the World Cup because France need edge backrowers and add to the strength of Elite one.

https://www.lindependant.fr/2022/09/12/super-league-jullien-et-langi-ne-seront-plus-des-dragons-catalans-en-2023-dautres-vont-suivre-10539439.php

Appears Langi is also gone which might take him out of France's WC plans unless he intends to go to Elite one.

Whare, Cozza, Le Cam and Franco on the outer too.

That's a real shame. He was a player whose endeavour was always obvious and I enjoyed watching him come through with Warrington and then Catalans. Very capable at Super League level but I can understand if he didn't want to move back to the UK for the sort of wage he could attract. 

I hope he does find a way to stay in the game alongside his new career. Reading that article it seems like he will seek to join the fire brigade and probably Lézignan or Pia.

Edited by Just Browny
  • Like 2

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

North Wales Crusaders had Benjamin on loan for a season and what a great asset he proved to be. Very best wishes to him in whatever he decides to do but I do hope he gets a chance to pull on a French jersey during the World Cup.

1 hour ago, Charlie said:

Not great for Catalans a lot of there younger players going for whatever reason.

Those kids were getting routed in Elite 1 last year. Theyre not SL players and honestly even with 10 years work they would not be up to the task.

Hope they prove me wrong. Youre never going to be a SL player at 23yo if youre struggling against top Élite 1 teams at 21.

Apparently Franco, le cam, cozza, to be let go, vailhen has already signed for Pia, (looks like the 3 others are going to Pia) 

I believe salabio is being released too, 

Xiii catalan are going with most of  the ex u19s team and a few others that are still left  in elite 1 this year, 

Brochon has gone to Toulouse elite. 

Tiaki Chan has signed his first pro contract. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, barnyia said:

Apparently Franco, le cam, cozza, to be let go, vailhen has already signed for Pia, (looks like the 3 others are going to Pia) 

I believe salabio is being released too, 

Xiii catalan are going with most of  the ex u19s team and a few others that are still left  in elite 1 this year, 

Brochon has gone to Toulouse elite. 

Tiaki Chan has signed his first pro contract. 

Alan - hoping that O'Carroll's going to see a change in Elite 1- never brought in from across the Channel before for this. Overall the hope is too to see the comp across the board imroves. 10 see teams in this year. Pia should help and St Gaudens getting better - more so a real big improvement from TO Elite 1 too

Edited by audois

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

23 hours ago, Hvy wg said:

Those kids were getting routed in Elite 1 last year. Theyre not SL players and honestly even with 10 years work they would not be up to the task.

Hope they prove me wrong. Youre never going to be a SL player at 23yo if youre struggling against top Élite 1 teams at 21.

I tend to disagree. There’s enough promise in a good half dozen. Just need to remain in a high performance environment. They may not be world beaters, but they can do a solid job. 

• Like 1

I heard the radoi coverage on Batley V Whitehaven this past season. The former one of the best Championship sides. The Cumbrians had in their line-up Rougé 19 yrs (half-back ) and Le Cam 22 yrs( second row) Both showed-up/out-standlingly.

Edited by audois

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg