SL player you dislike the most due to them "allegedly" play acting and receiving penalties?

Up at the top it has to be Lee Gaskell, the single biggest play acting professional RL player I think I've ever seen.

A close second, Alex Walmsley, throws his arms up and stares at the ref nearly every time he plays the ball.

But special mention to Jack Wellsby, who has unfortunately earned the nickname of "The Milkman" in some areas of social media.

Not far away, Mahe Fonua at Cas, although he did plenty of his antics while at Hull FC.

Any other offers?

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

1 minute ago, Old Frightful said:

Up at the top it has to be Lee Gaskell, the single biggest play acting professional RL player I think I've ever seen.

A close second, Alex Walmsley, throws his arms up and stares at the ref nearly every time he plays the ball.

But special mention to Jack Wellsby, who has unfortunately earned the nickname of "The Milkman" in some areas of social media.

Not far away, Mahe Fonua at Cas, although he did plenty of his antics while at Hull FC.

Any other offers?

Don’t all players throw their arms up in the air wanting a penalty. 

• Like 2

Appealing for a penalty should be an immediate penalty against you.

• Like 3

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Fonua at Cas is one who continually tries to milk penalties when playing the ball.   He once made 3 carries and got knocked on/didn’t play ball properly yet conned 3 penalties from weak officiating.

Walmsley is a god at walking forward disrupting markers/defenders after playing the ball. He gets away with it constantly.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Padge said:

Appealing for a penalty should be an immediate penalty against you.

Wholly agree, Padge.  You are spot on.

Can't remember what I was watching now but it was some sport and I remember a pundit on there trying to defend players doing this in sport in general, his argument being that players do it to make sure the referee is aware an offence has been committed. If a referee has been trained to the correct standard he will be fully aware whether or not something wrong has gone on and it doesn't need a drama queen rolling round on the floor screaming to make him aware of that. What kind of excuse is that? And what kind of example does that set to kids who will be watching that pundit who is supposed to be a respected voice of the sport? Rhetorical questions. 

• Like 1

"SL player you dislike the most due to them "allegedly" play acting and receiving penalties?"

Put through the Rugby League Translator™, this reads.

"Name any successful player from a club you don't support".

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 hours ago, Trojan Horse said:

Fonua at Cas is one who continually tries to milk penalties when playing the ball.   He once made 3 carries and got knocked on/didn’t play ball properly yet conned 3 penalties from weak officiating.

Walmsley is a god at walking forward disrupting markers/defenders after playing the ball. He gets away with it constantly.

I hate walking off the mark at the PTB. The markers are obliged to interfere and are consequently penalised by a Ref who is cleaning up the PTB.

If the markers don't..........

• Like 2

TESTICULI AD  BREXITAM.

41 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Can't remember what I was watching now but it was some sport and I remember a pundit on there trying to defend players doing this in sport in general, his argument being that players do it to make sure the referee is aware an offence has been committed. If a referee has been trained to the correct standard he will be fully aware whether or not something wrong has gone on and it doesn't need a drama queen rolling round on the floor screaming to make him aware of that. What kind of excuse is that? And what kind of example does that set to kids who will be watching that pundit who is supposed to be a respected voice of the sport? Rhetorical questions. 

Thing is we all have seen this behaviour rewarded. As a coach/player- what do you do?

TESTICULI AD  BREXITAM.

28 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

"SL player you dislike the most due to them "allegedly" play acting and receiving penalties?"

"Name any successful player from a club you don't support".

Not fair!

Among the players I mentioned was Mahe Fonua who gained his reputation in this thread while at Hull FC.

So there.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Lomax.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

7 hours ago, Futtocks said:

"Name EVERY successful player from a club you don't support".

Edited for clarity.

don't know who on here saw the sharks v cowboys playoff game at the weekend but the way Val Holmes threw himself to the floor to get a sharks try wiped off was shameless and he knew exactly what he was doing 

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

.... and for a big bloke Sam Kasiano falls down very easily when apparently impeded somehow.

To be fair play acting seems to have gone up a notch across the board, particularly early season where cards were being branded for the slightest of touches.

Edited by PREPOSTEROUS