SL player you dislike the most due to them "allegedly" play acting and receiving penalties?

13 minutes ago, DavidM said:

We have seen instances in the NRL where a player has stayed down after minimal contact and been removed for a HIA by the independent doctor who has gone by the reaction of that player . Said player looks pretty disgusted at being taken off . But it’s good viewing . 

What I did like in the NRL is the VR didn’t get involved unless it was at least a yellow card offence. Which stop players getting soft penalties for the slightest contact. Don’t know if they still do that. 

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

Penalise him.

That's what I said.

Quote: "Appealing for a penalty should be an immediate penalty against you."

So what are you warbling on about.

• Like 2

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

11 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

What I did like in the NRL is the VR didn’t get involved unless it was at least a yellow card offence. Which stop players getting soft penalties for the slightest contact. Don’t know if they still do that. 

It’s on report now , which just means the bunker recommends refs putting  a player on report purely to justify giving a penalty . Hence some ridiculous on reports . Everything there seems way over complicated and the wrong way round 

3 minutes ago, DavidM said:

It’s on report now , which just means the bunker recommends refs putting  a player on report purely to justify giving a penalty . Hence some ridiculous on reports . Everything there seems way over complicated and the wrong way round 

It's a pity as they have the try / no try done well now... with a try given on the pitch and checked by the bunker.  This has improved massively from sending so many decisions to the video ref.

They typically do get on top of these things.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

10 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

It's a pity as they have the try / no try done well now... with a try given on the pitch and checked by the bunker.  This has improved massively from sending so many decisions to the video ref.

They typically do get on top of these things.

Indeed . I was thinking that . Especially after all the publicity following this weekend . I think they’ll tweak it at least ( hopefully )

5 hours ago, Padge said:

That's what I said.

Quote: "Appealing for a penalty should be an immediate penalty against you."

So what are you warbling on about.

I see you have not lost your charismatic approach so not warbling Piemaster, just saying one of the noticeable miscreants of what you are calling for is one of yours.

Edited by Harry Stottle
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Not warbling Piemaster, just saying one of the noticible miscreants is one of yours 

And I said he should be punished, my post had no get out clauses. You are deliberately singling out one player from Wigan implying my view would be different for a Wigan player.

Just grow up, if that is at all possible.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

On 14/09/2022 at 15:12, Dunbar said:

We can argue whether it is wise or not but even if it is wise, it is still rubbish.  Those two are not mutually exclusive. 

I'm with Trent Robinson and Aaron Woods on this one.  Don't stay down looking for the video ref to give you  penalty. 

I like Aaron Woods' solution.

For me, if you lay down you’re straight off for HIA - 15 minutes off the field. Any time someone tries to lay down thinking they’re trying to milk something, just take them off and it’ll stop players from doing it.

After all, if you are unable to play the ball after a high shot, you should go for a HIA.

do the team still get a replacement (under the green card system).

If so it can also benefit in that you get 15mins free replacement. Especially if the player is struggling energy wise.

You also get time for player to leave pitch for a team under the cosh to get theirr breath back...

Edited by redjonn
  • Like 1

On 14/09/2022 at 13:58, Saint Toppy said:

Lots of players try to milk penalties during games across all clubs, but 2 of the most persistent fake injury actors this year have to be Levi & Myler.

You missed off the worlds greatest player.

47 minutes ago, redjonn said:

do the team still get a replacement (under the green card system).

If so it can also benefit in that you get 15mins free replacement. Especially if the player is struggling energy wise.

You also get time for player to leave pitch for a team under the cosh to get theirr breath back...

I'm not sure that would be much of a problem.  It would hardly be possible for a coach to factor in the time that type of contact would be made to take advantage of player fatigue or the like.  Coaches like to control these things.

I fully expect time off the field to be a deterrent for staying down.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

5 hours ago, Saint Toppy said:

Did I ? Don't remember EVER seeing Roby stay down and fake an injury !!!

Ha you know I don't mean him, who I have the utmost respect for and one of the greatest players of the super league era. 

9 hours ago, Loiner said:

Ha you know I don't mean him, who I have the utmost respect for and one of the greatest players of the super league era. 

Don't know who you mean then ? Pre SL era i'd probably class Hanley as as being the greatest player i've seen in my lifetime, and I don't remember him being an injury faker either !

• Like 1

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

On 14/09/2022 at 16:50, Old Frightful said:

To be fair to the mighty Trin, the first episode was when he threw himself to the floor while playing for Hudds at Hull KR which led to a perfectly good try for Hull KR being disallowed The second episode was at Wakey's ground earlier this season when Jake Connor was caught off balance and threw out a reactionary arm which barely touched Gaskell who then threw his head back, collapsed in a heap, only to regain his feet once Connor had been sent off.

You’re such a funny guy, you just don’t know it.

You may be right about Gaskell that I wouldn’t deny. However your angelic little Connor will have thought brilliant, why didn’t I think of that. I fully expect to see the paragon of virtue use it next season.

Keep the jokes coming.

On 16/09/2022 at 08:47, Saint Toppy said:

Don't know who you mean then ? Pre SL era i'd probably class Hanley as as being the greatest player i've seen in my lifetime, and I don't remember him being an injury faker either !

He probably means Alex Murphy. The best scrum half I ever saw bar none but also one who liked to referee the game at the same time.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

On 14/09/2022 at 09:00, Chris22 said:

None. These players are paid to win  matches. I don't blame any of them for doing that.

It puzzles me that staying down after taking a high shot is seen as outrageous yet other acts of cheating such as a deliberate ball steal are not. That's just as much 'milking', if not more so, than any act in the game.

Morning Jon

18 minutes ago, dkw said:

Every single team has multiple players who do this consistently, it's epidemic in the sport and comes from the coaching. The only way to stop it is to start banning players and fining clubs.

My take has always been ban and fine the coaches.

• Like 1