Wed 14th-Sun 18th Sept: The Betfred Championship Match Thread

9 minutes ago, DOGFATHER said:

So good to see loads of kids watching the game. It's been a long time since I have been up to Barrow, the ground has improved significantly and the atmosphere was tremendous. Most teams should take a look at what is going on up there and take note.

Nice ground but shame they had to take the roofs of the stands behind the sticks.

• Like 1

Great tactics from Fordy. Normally more of a percentage game plan he went all out attack and took fax by surprise with several men missing. Excellent effort.

A chance to redeem themselves after the 100-4 loss now. Be interesting to see how they approach that game. 

• Like 2

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

11 minutes ago, Ragingbull said:

Ive got a lot of time for Barrow and everything they are doing up there. 

Had 3 trips up there over the last few years. Always a decent run out and lots going on. Good to see a club doing things the right way. 

I only wish my club could follow your lead.

We've been up twice this season for the weekend and really enjoyed it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, roversspud said:

Absolutely. Fev are massive underdogs and must overturn the form book against Batley to reach the Final. Batley must think they're already in the Final having already smashed us at POR. 

Goodness Spud, no chance at home to Batley, and definitely no chance away to Leigh according to Fev fans, the player's should book their 'Mad Monday' day out for next week.

• Haha 2

On my way back from the ‘Fax-York game just now*, a cracking tie where you were just stood there for a ‘Fax stampede that never arrived. Fair play to York, they were very productive with their possession and threw absolutely everything at it (to the extent that you’d expect them to be shot for next week), but ‘Fax seemed to be playing in second gear with one eye on next week and no idea how to get out of it.

Two surprise results all in all and these play offs seem to show a lot of momentum with visiting teams but it will take something special for either of them to come close to a win next week

*Yes, I live in Leigh yet managed to travel by Leigh. Jokers need not apply

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AB Knight said:

Great win by York, not sure where that came from. I thought all the pressure today was on Halifax, and I again think all the pressure next week is on Leigh and Fev. Featherstone haven’t beaten Batley in the league yet and especially after the last meet-up at the LSV York won’t be expected to get anywhere near Leigh. Anything less than a 60 point defeat and York have probably done ok.

We don't fall for that one ABK, no complacency from this Leigh team, they play every minute as if it is the last one and they need a score to win or to stop the opposition scoring it's quite relentless really the intensity never drops.

4 hours ago, Fevrover said:

I know let's have a vote by fans who THEY want in the finals. Leigh and Fev top two but not them, Leeds came 5th so that isn't right,Saints been last 4 years and neither is that. Come on then Jughead you come up with a plan.

He's a troll 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jughead said:

Not Leigh, if I could pick. Been there, done that and they’ve been in Super League before. My personal preference in order was York, Barrow, Halifax/Batley/Fev, Leigh because York’s a great place, I can bribe the Mrs to go the Lakes and then Halifax, Batley and Fev have either not been in Super League or not been in years. 

Well unfortunately you won't get your ' pick ' , because you're a multi poster troll 

Edited by GUBRATS

6 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

We don't fall for that one ABK, no complacency from this Leigh team, they play every minute as if it is the last one and they need a score to win or to stop the opposition scoring it's quite relentless really the intensity never drops.

I don’t doubt it for one moment. If York can be competitive I’d be happy but it’s just nice to pick up a first playoff win. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

I'm afraid you won't be visiting York or Barrow, and I wouldn't back Fax or Batley with your money, watching this game I on TV I couldnt see either York or Fax winning 3 games on the trot so I will stick my neck out and say it is either Leigh or Fev.

Harry , he's a multi poster Troll , ignore in future 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Two surprise results all in all and these play offs seem to show a lot of momentum with visiting teams but it will take something special for either of them to come close to a win next week

When will the Bulldogs stop being classed as a little underdog team and more of a competitor?

Since 2010 they've won the Norther Rail Cup, made play off four times, made semi finals twice, made a Grand Final and made it in to the Super 8's.

To be fair, I think they still enjoy the underdog tag as the pressure of winning is off during the big games. I'm not really sure why people thought Batley beating Barrow was such an upset. We had our strongest squad in weeks playing. Injuries haven't been kind to us more recently and we've had a big player rotation but now at the business end we have a squad that looks a bit more like the one earlier in the season.

I'm not saying we're going to go to Fev and turn them over. The laws of averages would say otherwise. How could a squad like Fev not pick a win up from us all season? 😏

SIGNATURE

19 minutes ago, BatleyFanAndy said:

When will the Bulldogs stop being classed as a little underdog team and more of a competitor?

In all honesty as we were watching Batley last weekend with one eye on proceedings at London-Barrow, it was a pretty common consensus that you’d have to fancy whichever team finished fourth given the respective home advantages, but fair play it was obviously some result and clearly the bookies were of a similar viewpoint (hope you cashed in on Batley at 19/10!)