Sat 17th Sept: SL: St Helens v Salford Red Devils KO 13:00 (Sky & Channel 4)

Who will win?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• St Helens
    • Salford Red Devils

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 17/09/22 at 12:00

1 minute ago, DavidM said:

Unless he gets injured he will be 

And Saints win, obviously.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Roby used his own head on the back of his.

Edited by jacksy

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

Just now, dkw said:

He did what now?

I have no idea.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

I think Salford will be happy enough to be going in at half time only 7 down. Saints started like a house on fire with plenty of intensity and it could have got messy for Salford but they managed to hang in well. Saints look like a completely different team to what we have seen in recent weeks.

2 minutes ago, dkw said:

I'm just wondering if "using his own on his" on live tv is worthy of a ban...

I knew what i meant..but forgot to put all the words together 🙂

• Haha 2

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

I'll get shot down for this but Amor saying there's too much of this creeping in when Dupree took a knock to the back of the head doesn't sit well with me. He was basically saying Dupree should get up and get on with it.

Given what's happening with former players and head injuries in other sports it seems a very dated way to think. Head injuries and concussions are very serious and commentators should appreciate that.

• Like 2

Just now, Phil W said:

I'll get shot down for this but Amor saying there's too much of this creeping in when Dupree took a knock to the back of the head doesn't sit well with me. He was basically saying Dupree should get up and get on with it.

Given what's happening with former players and head injuries in other sports it seems a very dated way to think. Head injuries and concussions are very serious and commentators should appreciate that.

Agreed

It wasn't a knock. Roby used his own head to force the tackled players head towards his own chest.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Phil W said:

Having Amor on is as bad as having Wilkin on. Have gone for Sky.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Comfortable for the most part. Salford come and tried to match Saints’ intensity and wanted to put big shot after big shot on but it’s not worked and in attack the struggled to get out of their own half and Saints looked comfortable. 

Then sheer stupidity happened. There’s no defending Morgan Knowles. It’s not naive or accidental. It’s stupid and idiotic. It was plainly obvious he’d been penalised today and quite possibly next week, if we get there, too. To get out of that period only conceding one try was a bit of a win in the end. 

A lot of head holding and injury feigning from Salford. It’s embarrassing and Tyler Dupree needs a game ban for feigning a crusher tackle. 

Keep up the intensity in defence and Saints win by a few scores. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Phil W said:

Given there was absolutely nothing indicating there was anything close to a crusher, Amor was spot on and Dupree should be banned for, simply, cheating. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Jughead said:

Given there was absolutely nothing indicating there was anything close to a crusher, Amor was spot on and Dupree should be banned for, simply, cheating. 

Have a look again. I think you will see there is pressure by Roby.

6 minutes ago, Phil W said:

Exactly and that’s why players shouldn’t be using it to win soft penalties. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

If Knowles and Welsby get games from the disciplinary then Kendall should be dropped for a number of weeks for inept refereeing.

But being suspended at a later stage does not help Salford.

Not a chance that poster boy Jack the milkman Welsby will be given a ban.

• Haha 1

Patwigaw