Sat 17th Sept: SL: St Helens v Salford Red Devils KO 13:00 (Sky & Channel 4)

Who will win?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• St Helens
    • Salford Red Devils

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 17/09/22 at 12:00

3 minutes ago, Phil said:

Kendall had nothing to lose by sending it upstairs 

I dont think it would have mattered, it would have went up as a no try and there's no way the VR could have said it was definitely a penalty try to turn the no try over.

• Like 3

Penalty try was marginal for me. Fact is Salford had a chance to need just one try against 12 men in five minutes and instead they just tapped it and pottered about for six tackles.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Very relieved to see Sio able to leave the field under his own power (more or less).

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just now, V02 said:

I thought it was the right call, kick had a bit too much on it to be a penalty try IMO.

They don't need two scores, they need 1 score and a drop goal. Drop goal can be kicked from 40 out so make the territory count and try and score a try. Would be different if they were 8 down.

That is 2 scores, I never said 2 tries.

1 minute ago, Harry Stottle said:

Just to be diplomatic, I will not risk a ban on these pages and so I will keep to myself what I think of Kendall's performance today.

got every big decision right. Won’t stop people whinging though. 👍🏻

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Just now, Just Browny said:

Penalty try was marginal for me. Fact is Salford had a chance to need just one try against 12 men in five minutes and instead they just tapped it and pottered about for six tackles.

Not taking 2 at that point was an awful decision. Take the kick and put the pressure back on Saints.

Look at Batchelor dancing about for a knock on like a pre schooler when the Haribo come out.

• Haha 2

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

1 minute ago, dkw said:

I dont think it would have mattered, it would have went up as a no try and there's no way the VR could have said it was definitely a penalty try to turn the no try over.

Is the VR protocol used for penalty try? 

It would go up as no try,  because no try was scored,  but then the VR would ask if it should be a Penalty try,  which would purely be a VR call is my understanding. 

Just now, Dave T said:

Is the VR protocol used for penalty try? 

It would go up as no try,  because no try was scored,  but then the VR would ask if it should be a Penalty try,  which would purely be a VR call is my understanding. 

I'm not sure, but i would expect it would be the same but sent up as "no penalty try" . Then it's difficult for the VR to turn it round.

Ah well. Over to the second half of Brixton v Elmbridge.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just now, DavidM said:

Salford should have been playing against 12 for a long period . That was the decisive moment and I feel in a major semifinal was just a cop out 

I agree.  It was an intentional,  horrible foul and he should get a serious ban. 

• Like 1

Just now, LeytherRob said:

I think at this point the referees are so scared of awarding a penalty try that the rule is basically pointless at this time. Not sure i've ever seen one given despite some fairly clear cut incidents over the years.

Indeed.  I prefer RU's approach on this. 

Makinson fouled over the try line as a Salford player was hoping to score.  The bebefot of the doubt shouldn't go to Saints. 

• Like 2

Jesus the man asks for vr when he's on the spot for a try..he has clearly seen.

yet no for the possible pen try.

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

1 minute ago, dkw said:

I'm not sure, but i would expect it would be the same but sent up as "no penalty try" . Then it's difficult for the VR to turn it round.

I don't think the ref can send it up as no penalty try. 

But I'm OK with Kendal backing himself.  He saw it clearly and knows its an opinion call and backed himself instead of passing that opinion call on. 

But I can see why people say he should have got a slow mo 2nd opinion. 

• Like 1

Well played Saints, some ferocious defence and great intensity. I thought Salford played really well to hang in there and not get blown away, a lesser team would have, so full credit to them for that. If Knowles had been sent off who knows what may have happened.

• Like 1