Sat 17th Sept: SL: St Helens v Salford Red Devils KO 13:00 (Sky & Channel 4)

Who will win?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• St Helens
    • Salford Red Devils

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 17/09/22 at 12:00

3 hours ago, Saint Toppy said:

People seem to forget that saints have been without their first choice half since Easter and Lomax has played most of the season with a serious bicep injury. Also without their top try scorer from 2021 in Grace and leading metre making forward in Walmsley.

Salford are without Croft, but In terms of key players missing Saints arguably have suffered more this year.

Well pass m' violin.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

'The Invisble Man is at the door'.     'Tell him I can't see him'.      The late, great Tommy Cooper

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

But what has gone before is history, the game on Saturday is all that matters now, but Saints have coped well enough this season despite missing those players you quote and Lomax's bicep injury albeit describing it as 'serious' is somewhat speculative, could he or anybody for that matter perform with a 'serious' injury and is it advisable to make himself available for England with a 'serious' injury.

I'd consider Lomax's injury serious given he was advised to stop playing and have surgery but given they'd already lost Dodd for the year he opted to play on for the rest of the season. He's had multiple pain killing injections throughout the year to allow him to play.

Whether he pulls out of the England squad remains to be seen but I don't think he will as he's said he'd love to play in the WC as it will be his last chance to play in one.

I suspect he'll continue to put his hand up to play and then have surgery straight after the WC.

• Like 2

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

Salford by 10 to 14pts, they’re 13-5 to win with Betfred and are well worth a bet. It’s in the backs were Salford hold the advantage with their pace.
We haven’t a clue what is happening at Saints nobody knows whose fit or who isn’t. Saints have been rubbish at keeping the fans up to date with the injury situations, we have been told since round one that players have only got a little niggle but have trained the house down and they’ll be back for the next round. Only for them too disappear for wks. 

I think people are reading a lot into that one saints v Salford game and Salford’s win over Hudds (who remember saints nilled playing one man down for most of the match and two down for the last part).

We’re likely to name the strongest team we’ve been able to for quite a while and will be a very different prospect to the team that got dusted at Salford. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FearTheVee said:

I think people are reading a lot into that one saints v Salford game and Salford’s win over Hudds (who remember saints nilled playing one man down for most of the match and two down for the last part).

We’re likely to name the strongest team we’ve been able to for quite a while and will be a very different prospect to the team that got dusted at Salford. 

Yes well, I have to admit that although I'm Salford through and through, in my heart of hearts, I believe Saints will win easily. 

The heritage, experience and expectation of this great club is well... unstopabe and overwhelming.  They only have to send out their Cheerleaders against us in fact and we will surely be put to the sword, such is the force that they pocess.   I just feel honoured that my small team are able to be offered up for sacrifice on Saturday to the God McManus.  Saints they are, against the evil Devils and with God on their side.....the outcome is therefore inevitable.

But we Salford fans take heart because we know our place and St Helens fans can indeed relax in the knowledge that they will win easily, they can even stay at home and watch the carnage on TV for free and save their ticket money for their next energy bill.

Yours, in totally wicked submission.

Peter

'The Invisble Man is at the door'.     'Tell him I can't see him'.      The late, great Tommy Cooper

1 minute ago, Pete Grady said:

Yes well, I have to admit that although I'm Salford through and through, in my heart of hearts, I believe Saints will win easily. 

The heritage, experience and expectation of this great club is well... unstopabe and overwhelming.  They only have to send out their Cheerleaders against us in fact and we will surely be put to the sword, such is the force that they pocess.   I just feel honoured that my small team are able to be offered up for sacrifice on Saturday to the God McManus.  Saints they are, against the evil Devils and with God on their side.....the outcome is therefore inevitable.

But we Salford fans take heart because we know our place and St Helens fans can indeed relax in the knowledge that they will win easily, they can even stay at home and watch the carnage on TV for free and save their ticket money for their next energy bill.

Yours, in totally wicked submission.

Peter

We’ll see my good man.  You’re confident, I’m confident, that’s sport!

23 hours ago, bobbruce said:

That’s why I said potential final. They have always been the rules of the playoffs the team finishing top plays first. 

It doesn't always work that way, it didn't in 2019 for example. I doubt clubs are bothered about a day to be honest.

3 minutes ago, Damien said:

It doesn't always work that way, it didn't in 2019 for example. I doubt clubs are bothered about a day to be honest.

2019 was the 5 team format so a completely different system. Were Saints had the first week off so it would be in their favour to play first. I do agree it makes very little difference but this system does reward teams as you go up the table like the top 5 does. This was one of the few advantages 1st got under this system. 

7 minutes ago, Damien said:

There was some feet stamping from Saints fans and typical moans about Wigan being homeless but it’s immaterial. Champion sides aren’t decided by twelve hours rest. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Jughead said:

You’d like think. I have a fear it will be Welsby at 1 with Davies at 6. 

No I think they’ve accepted they aren’t ready. In fact the plan was to bring him back for the GF they must be pushing him because they are worried about Salfords form. 

So Saints not far off full-strength now then, bar Dodd, Walmsley & Hopoate I think? Still plenty on RedVee thinking it will take a miracle for them to turn over a team of "championship players". Make your minds up lads.😁

Saints still 1/3 or 2/7 with the bookies so Salford's job looking even tougher on paper than it was already. I think the poll on this thread is probably swayed by Salford fans like myself refusing to back against their team and neutrals wanting Saints to lose regardless.😁

• Like 1