Fri 16th Sept: SL: Wigan Warriors v Leeds Rhinos KO 20:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors
    • Leeds Rhinos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/09/22 at 19:00

Leeds all but nullified the threat of French and Field in their last meeting, can they do it again, if so they take away a lot of what Wigan are about this season, hence the loss at Headingley.

Leeds are playing quite well but I think home advantage will see Wigan home.... Just.

Edited by Harry Stottle
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well it's been a roller-coaster ride this season but this is where it comes to an end. Good luck to Wigan but I hope you get a stuffed by Salford in the final 😜 Wigan by 12

Pies by 20+

Leeds scraped a win in France but lets face it, it wasn't because they were great they were just slightly less poor than Catalans were on the day. They went there with a game plan to niggle & disrupt the dragons, and it worked, but wigan are the absolute masters of "s***house tactics". As soon as Isa starts with his late hits, Powell starts with the elbows in the tackle and Smithies rubs his head in the players faces Leeds are going to react.

Personally I can see a fair few yellows handed out in this game and possibly the odd red card too. The extra space will then let French & Field run riot. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

Leeds have done really well to be in this game after the start they had to the season, and the win in France last week was gutsy.

But this is a game too far for them against a good and well coached Wigan outfit.

• Like 2

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

The Wigan fan in me says I’m nervous and it really could go either way. If I try and take myself away from that feeling and think logically, my mind drifts back to some of our play off runs back in the late 2000’s and we’d finish the season well, win a couple of tough play off games but the semi would be a step too far (and usually against Leeds at Headingley). It feels like that is how this ‘should’ go given Leeds injury/suspension problems but it’s no given (drifted back to being a nervous Wigan fan again). 

• Like 1

This is clearly a different Leeds to the one that started the season as the one that filled us all with hope that they'd get their just desserts.

Leeds new and transformational coach will have been working on a plan for this very game, so watch out for vigorous tactics, frivolous appeals  and enough arm waving from Leeds to power a million homes.

Wigan to win on fitness and stamina but I'm not supremely confident saying that.

18 hours ago, Saint Toppy said:

Pies by 20+

Leeds scraped a win in France but lets face it, it wasn't because they were great they were just slightly less poor than Catalans were on the day. They went there with a game plan to niggle & disrupt the dragons, and it worked, but wigan are the absolute masters of "s***house tactics". As soon as Isa starts with his late hits, Powell starts with the elbows in the tackle and Smithies rubs his head in the players faces Leeds are going to react.

Personally I can see a fair few yellows handed out in this game and possibly the odd red card too. The extra space will then let French & Field run riot. 

Good God you really have got it bad .Its 2022 not 2011 . 

• Haha 1

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK