Fri 16th Sept: SL: Wigan Warriors v Leeds Rhinos KO 20:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors
    • Leeds Rhinos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/09/22 at 19:00

i suppose you have to pick wigan based on the season as a whole. on the other hand, leeds seem to have discovered some grit and never say die and at times that can be as important as skill and class.

couple of little pointers i suppose in that leeds have won it from 5th before so it's been talked about. little ###### bit of course is that leeds are onto there 3rd coach this season which you would think does nothing for stability. now on the other hand in 1969 leeds beat Castleford in the championship final in a season when they also had three different coaches.

I'm going to go for a leeds win by 8 which goes against logic but in a one-off game anything can happen.

39 minutes ago, paul hicks said:

i suppose you have to pick wigan based on the season as a whole. on the other hand, leeds seem to have discovered some grit and never say die and at times that can be as important as skill and class.

couple of little pointers i suppose in that leeds have won it from 5th before so it's been talked about. little ###### bit of course is that leeds are onto there 3rd coach this season which you would think does nothing for stability. now on the other hand in 1969 leeds beat Castleford in the championship final in a season when they also had three different coaches.

I'm going to go for a leeds win by 8 which goes against logic but in a one-off game anything can happen.

Two sides to this this Leeds team is no comparison to the teams in the past that won from 5th. Given that I don’t see them getting past a very good Wigan team. Having said that if they do get through I don’t think there is the same gulf between either this Saints team that’s available the Salford team and the Leeds team. So if by some miracle they do get past Wigan all bets are off. 

Being at home and having a week off (with Leeds having to go to France and back) should see us through. Leeds are very dangerous and can get on a roll, and thrashed us recently but I reckon that we will be fully focussed. Especially as we will lead into battle by Field Marshall French. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

Being at home and having a week off (with Leeds having to go to France and back) should see us through. Leeds are very dangerous and can get on a roll, and thrashed us recently but I reckon that we will be fully focussed. Especially as we will lead into battle by Field Marshall French. 

It will be French’s last home game then??

1 hour ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

That's very clever at the end.

19 hours ago, bobbruce said:

Two sides to this this Leeds team is no comparison to the teams in the past that won from 5th. Given that I don’t see them getting past a very good Wigan team. Having said that if they do get through I don’t think there is the same gulf between either this Saints team that’s available the Salford team and the Leeds team. So if by some miracle they do get past Wigan all bets are off. 

I'm not going to disagree with that but must point out that in 80 mins of rugby league nothing should be for granted.  only takes a couple of players from either team to be a bit off their game.

1 minute ago, paul hicks said:

I'm not going to disagree with that but must point out that in 80 mins of rugby league nothing should be for granted.  only takes a couple of players from either team to be a bit off their game.

Absolutely and out of all the teams Leeds seemed to find a way to deal with French and Field better than any other team. I still think Wigan will prove too strong for them but as you say you never know. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, meast said:

Wigan should win but I wouldn't be surprised if Leeds did win the whole thing and make a mockery of the competition again by being absolutely rubbish for 70% of the season.

hardly 70% of the season if they won over 50% of their games. as Brian mac used to say it's how you finish not how you start.

either wigan by 18 or so. or leeds by 8. either way should be interesting 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, paul hicks said:

hardly 70% of the season if they won over 50% of their games. as Brian mac used to say it's how you finish not how you start.

either wigan by 18 or so. or leeds by 8. either way should be interesting 

Oh it's no criticism of Leeds, they've earned their place on their form, it's just to highlight the fact that a team could be battling relegation for a lot of the season and then a few wins later you can be crowned champions. 😐

2 minutes ago, meast said:

Oh it's no criticism of Leeds, they've earned their place on their form, it's just to highlight the fact that a team could be battling relegation for a lot of the season and then a few wins later you can be crowned champions. 😐

nearly always been the case since 1907. i still remember Dewsbury winning from 8th back in 1973. funny back then nobody moaned about it though. how times change

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, meast said:

We all know the rules at the start of each season,it's a marathon not a sprint.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, meast said:

Wigan should win but I wouldn't be surprised if Leeds did win the whole thing and make a mockery of the competition again by being absolutely rubbish for 70% of the season.

Dont worry 

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK