Fri 16th Sept: SL: Wigan Warriors v Leeds Rhinos KO 20:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors
    • Leeds Rhinos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/09/22 at 19:00

Just now, andyscoot said:

Whatever was said at half time in the Wigan sheds ended their season.

Their lone try aside, they were clueless in attack all through the first half too. Just taking turns to barge into a waiting defence.

• Like 2

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just now, Futtocks said:

Their lone try aside, they were clueless in attack all through the first half too. Just taking turns to barge into a waiting defence.

It was but at least they were making metres, strong in defence etc. It fell apart almost straight away.

As well as Leeds have played tonight, this result entirely underline why I think the playoffs are a very poor way to crown the champions 

If Saints don't get crowned champions, it makes an absolute mockery of the regular season 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Surprisingly few of those swooning Man of Kent posts about the Wigan attack tonight.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Really nice to hear the Sky commentary mention how Leeds are also doing well in women's, PDRL and wheelchair rugby league as well as Academy level.

• Like 4

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Just now, Ant said:

Which to me shows how poor the playoff system is for crowning a champion 

We could give the trophy out in March and do friendlies afterwards..?

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

2 minutes ago, Ant said:

As well as Leeds have played tonight, this result entirely underline why I think the playoffs are a very poor way to crown the champions 

If Saints don't get crowned champions, it makes an absolute mockery of the regular season 

So you want these games and a full house at Old Trafford next week cancelled so the season can end in an anti climax several weeks early?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Baz and Wilkin . Deary me

To be fair, Wilkin just put McDermott in his place when Baz was wanting everyone to tug themselves silly over Leeds doing well.

Wilkins argument is that Leeds should be competing at the top at the very minimum never mind seeking praise for being plucky minnows.

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, andyscoot said:

Imo Sam Powell has a lot to answer for there. Can't think of a slower hooker in the league.

Not sure Leuluai's farewell tour has added a huge amount either.

We could go back to the Premiership trophy playoffs?

We used to get good crowds for that.

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.