Squad for 2023

Haven Rugby League

17 minutes ago, donald said:

Will he not be direct replacement for Tom Wilkinson ?? You'll know more about amateur scene than me is he a better player 

Similar players,I’d say Wilco is the better player,but If you play Dion at 13 I’m not sure where O’Brien fits in,& if money is tight wouldn’t it be better to try & spend it on a couple of big units

9 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Similar players,I’d say Wilco is the better player,but If you play Dion at 13 I’m not sure where O’Brien fits in,& if money is tight wouldn’t it be better to try & spend it on a couple of big units

Probably but dion as been an impact bench player last couple of years apart from last few games when he had to play 6

20 minutes ago, donald said:

Probably but dion as been an impact bench player last couple of years apart from last few games when he had to play 6

I think Dion proved in those last few games that he needs to play 80 mins,we look a far better team when he’s on the pitch.

Liam McAvoy resigned & Winger/fullback Sam Freeman from Rochdale Who missed the whole of last season with an ACL.

Looking at the squad now,it looks weaker than last year’s which is worrying given our struggles last season.

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, donald said:

Sellafield rumour mill saying that Jason Tali is one of the 2 png players we're getting

Was hoping for Justin Olam & AlexJohnston 😂

I heard we’d approached a couple of PNG players but they wanted to wait until the tournament was over to see if any better offers came their way.

4 hours ago, Davo5 said:

Was hoping for Justin Olam & AlexJohnston 😂

I heard we’d approached a couple of PNG players but they wanted to wait until the tournament was over to see if any better offers came their way.

If we haven't got any signed now I'd say we'll miss out. The ones worth signing will be snapped up 

1 hour ago, Neutralfan7 said:

Rugby league PNG posted a pic on a few days ago with a few players visiting Dion and said he plays for Whitehaven alongside former kumuls center Jason Tali.

35 year old but prolific try scorer maybe a la bit too old though

43 minutes ago, Neutralfan7 said:

Any highlights any where? 

Played NSW Cup for St George last season & Blacktown Workers,Manly’s feeder club in 21.

Seems a big unit 6’4” & 100kg+

Edited by Davo5