Next Head Coach

The Voodooguru

It's bound to be the cheapest option in the circumstances which is Gus. That's not necessarily a bad thing, he's a Workington lad and knows the position the club is in at first hand so will know what's required. I don't know the lad but I'd guess he's well liked and respected in the area. I've had enough of these SL assistant coaches trying to bring their professional ways it just doesn't work and the brand of rugby they coach is low percentage and boring. The best way to win games is to do something the opposition don't expect and remember you're in the entertainment industry so entertain! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Town utd said:

Gary would be a good director of rugby,what about Peter Smith Kells, Gary hewer or Dean marwood, who have been Stone walls of cumbria rugby league over the years,I would take any of them👍

Luke Gale still available, could be player coach, he is spending a bit of time in West Cumbria at present. 😀

23 hours ago, Bearintown said:

Careful is doesn't end up like Ben ,promoted, sacked and a great clubman lost forever

Very good post Kevin. And you are spot on regarding Paul P..........I was with him during his Academy reign and he was 100% + committed to his role. Then they promoted him to what was a poisoned chalice of player shortage. It wasn't a good move for him for sure. Bet he'd do a decent role if he came back.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Town utd said:

Would have thought town would have gone with local coach, can't be that skint if getting a coach from away, good luck to new team utt👍

Could be a good signing this , been nominated for coach of the year on a few occasions and won it last year I think, let's all get behind him and  the club we love and let's look forward to next season.UTT 🔵⚪