Profound Quotes You Relate To

1 hour ago, ivans82 said:

When the seagulls follow the trawler , its because they think sardines will be thrown to the sea .

Jose .

Jose? Not Eric?

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

11 hours ago, The Rocket said:

Mine`s not a quote but a line from Robbie Burns poem " To a Mouse ". 

" an` fellow-mortal ".

It`s sums up how I feel about all the little creatures I meet when I walk around my farm or where ever I go or all of our fellow creatures in general.

Working at somebodies house yesterday , shifted a fence panel lying on the floor next to the ' job ' , bloody big toad obviously living under there , put the panel back and make a point of not standing on it , I like frogs and toads 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

Working at somebodies house yesterday , shifted a fence panel lying on the floor next to the ' job ' , bloody big toad obviously living under there , put the panel back and make a point of not standing on it , I like frogs and toads 

My favourite toad was Touchwood, of Catweazle fame. There`s a bloke who knew how to live.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Jose? Not Eric?

Definitely Eric Cantona and it was delicious to hear the sound of the tabloid press jaws hitting the floor as the then golden boy of football in the U.K. refused to play ball with them. Respect (even if it was a Red Devil haha).

I seem to remember around a similar time that loads of Leeds fans chanted “Rambo! Rambo!” to Cantona in a misunderstanding that one of his inspirations was Rimbaud (the famous French poet)!

Very funny I seem to recall at the time.

”Genius is the recovery of childhood at will.”

-Arthur Rimbaud

In these uncertain times a quote to reflect on:

"I never took pleasure in earning money. Money is not necessarily related to happiness. Maybe it is related to unhappiness".

- John Paul Getty.

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

On 15/09/2022 at 22:39, Irish Saint said:

"Dont let the bar stewards grind you down"

Arthur Seaton "Saturday Night Sunday Morning"

Alan Sillitoe

Ah you beat me to it.

A couple of weeks before I finished with Wakefield MDC to migrate I had to attend a training day.  Can’t remember what it was about but each of us was given an A3 sheet with an outline image of a shield.  I can’t remember what images I drew on the shield, or why, but in the header of the shield I wrote ‘Don’t let the b******s grind you down’.  It was a conversation stopper😄

• Like 1

I was recently re-watching Big Trouble in Little China, so I had to add this one:

When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, and he looks you crooked in the eye and he asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol’ Jack Burton always says at a time like that: “Have ya paid your dues, Jack?” “Yessir, the check is in the mail.”

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You're not only wrong, you're wrong at the top of your voice."
Spencer Tracy, Bad Day at Black Rock

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently. - Henry Ford

From the bar scene in the first Rocky film

Andy: Will you take a look at that guy? I mean, where are the real fighters gonna come from, the pros? What we got today are Canadian jig clowns.
Rocky: Clown?
Andy: That's right, clown.
Rocky: Ya callin' Apollo Creed a clown?
Andy: Well, what else, look at him.
Rocky: Hey, Andy, are you crazy? This man is champion of the world. He took his best shot and become champ. Huh? What shot did you ever take?

Edited by DOGFATHER

The totally convinced and the totally stupid have too much in common for the resemblance to be accidental.

Robert Anton Wilson

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Also from Robert Anton Wilson...

Of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong.

You are precisely as big as what you love and precisely as small as what you allow to annoy you.

It only takes 20 years for a liberal to become a conservative without changing a single idea.

Most of our ancestors were not perfect ladies and gentlemen. The majority of them weren't even mammals.

The function of Theology? The recitation of the incomprehensible by the unspeakable to pick the pockets of the unthinking.

Edited by Futtocks

Ralph Waldo Emerson

• 2 weeks later...

“The dildo of consequences rarely arrives lubed”

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!