The Redcliffe Dolphins

The Aussie forums and newspapers are lighting up this morning and 90 % it`s down to the Dolphins going 2 - 0 up, throw in a lot of close games, great attacking football and the bit of the gold-dust that Reece Walsh sprinkled over the round with his display in Brissy on Friday night as well. That last one was especially for me.

• Like 4

For anyone interested, Melbourne went 4 in a row when they started and Brisbane went 6 in terms of premiership games. I think the Dolphins definitely make it 3, v Newcastle next weekend. Then the Battle of Brisbane happens the weekend after. Will be good if they both go into it 3-0.

9 hours ago, Omott91 said:

But they locked out potentially 20k of their fans.

Nothing wrong with creating pent up demand through scarcity.

There’s excess capacity at their Suncorp games, if they can build a compelling story there’s space to grow volume there. It’s all about the mix eh. 

• Like 1

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

15 hours ago, George Watt said:

I'm an even older timer and watched the Evans coached Swinton side in the 50's when Hull had another wonderful Welsh coach called Roy Francis. After leaving Swinton Evans had a few years coaching Salford.

19 hours ago, The Rocket said:

The Aussie forums and newspapers are lighting up this morning and 90 % it`s down to the Dolphins going 2 - 0 up, throw in a lot of close games, great attacking football and the bit of the gold-dust that Reece Walsh sprinkled over the round with his display in Brissy on Friday night as well. That last one was especially for me.

It's been a wonderful weekend of footy and this is the most attractive team in several years on the evidence of Friday v the Cowboys.

As one who didn't rate Kevvie Walters as a coach, I'm wondering if there is a Lee Briers influence on the way they're currently playing - with style and a certain joie de vivre.

• Like 1

Loving the Dolphins this year. Perfect timing as well, seeing as Hull KR have decided to play in a Redcliffe strip in 2023 😃

• Like 2

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

12 hours ago, The Daddy said:

Three wins from three. Whoever said the Dolphins would struggle 

Over here people who follow ticket sales at the different games reckons it could go close to a club game record crowd at Suncorp.

"This is how quickly tickets are shifting for Dolphins v Broncos. All the sections with a yellow line have sold this evening. Just restricted view to be listed soon. I wonder how corporates are going - I actually think we are a chance of beating the regular season record at Suncorp (50,612 - Broncos v Cowboys 2008)."

suncorp-stadium-seating-map.gif

12 hours ago, The Rocket said:

Over here people who follow ticket sales at the different games reckons it could go close to a club game record crowd at Suncorp.

"This is how quickly tickets are shifting for Dolphins v Broncos. All the sections with a yellow line have sold this evening. Just restricted view to be listed soon. I wonder how corporates are going - I actually think we are a chance of beating the regular season record at Suncorp (50,612 - Broncos v Cowboys 2008)."

suncorp-stadium-seating-map.gif

Surely after the Broncos win today it has to be sell out

11 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

Surely after the Broncos win today it has to be sell out

Yeah mate the sold-out sign went up a few hours ago.

• Like 2

On 18/03/2023 at 10:46, The Rocket said:

Yeah mate the sold-out sign went up a few hours ago.

Who wouldn't want to be there ? Best RL stadium in the world and an historic Brisbane derby.

Broncos clear favourites, unless Kaufusi escapes a ban, but it promises to be a great rivalry in the years ahead.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Anita Bath said:

And would you believe it the top AFL game of the week is Brisbane Lions v Melbourne Demons, being played at the Gabba at the same time.

So folks cannot attend, or even watch on TV both games.

Brisbane traffic chaos tomorrow night!

You would not even know the fumbleball game is on, the notoriously pro-fumbleball and anti-League National Broadcaster, the ABC ran an extended story on the game in last night`s news vox popping people on the streets of Brisbane, it was gold, even the usually snooty nosed ABC were calling it the Battle of Brisbane.

• Like 7

Now AFL cant benefit so easily from the 2nd Brisbane club vacuum. Less news territory for them to have.

• Like 3

DIEHARD / TITAN / MAROON / KANGAROO

9 hours ago, Anita Bath said:

And would you believe it the top AFL game of the week is Brisbane Lions v Melbourne Demons, being played at the Gabba at the same time.

So folks cannot attend, or even watch on TV both games.

Brisbane traffic chaos tomorrow night!

Is that not a good thing? Brisbane Broncos v Dolphins will destroy them in ratings and attendance and will monopolise the media.

• Like 3

On 23/03/2023 at 18:17, The Rocket said:

You would not even know the fumbleball game is on, the notoriously pro-fumbleball and anti-League National Broadcaster, the ABC ran an extended story on the game in last night`s news vox popping people on the streets of Brisbane, it was gold, even the usually snooty nosed ABC were calling it the Battle of Brisbane.

In what world is the ABC pro fumble-ball? You're persecution complex is off the charts if you genuinely believe that. ABC is based in Sydney and their journos are either elitist against all sports or League watchers.

• Haha 3

On 23/03/2023 at 07:17, The Rocket said:

Friend of mine who lives near Brisbane (*) is at the Lions-Melbourne game today and has just put up some photos which means I can play an exciting game of counting empty seats at an AFL game.

Going on the capacity of the Gabba and her somewhat shaky photos - beer has been consumed - I'm going to say there's about 20,000 at the AFL game (tops) versus whatever at the looking-much-fuller NRL derby.

(* - in Australian terms. It's probably a 17 hour drive past some spiders that can kill you, or something. But she says it's near.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)