TOULOUSE GOOD NEWS

48 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

With Leigh likely to get promoted it will become a more balanced league

Not really.  Toulouse will likely dominate in the same way.  As they did the previous season when they got promoted, beating everyone including Leigh, not dropping a single point despite the massive disadvantage of having to play every single regular season game away due to covid.

Edited by Hello
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Hello said:

Not really.  Toulouse will dominate in the same way.  As they did the previous season when they got promoted, beating everyone including Leigh, not dropping a single point.

It really depends on who they retain and can sign. They’ll have plenty of SL experience but it won’t be a cake walk.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Archie Gordon said:

Crowds seem to be a key missing piece of the jigsaw puzzle for them. Able to do ok for play-offs but a massive struggle to gain much interest for run-of-the-mill fixtures at the Wallon. To be honest, we heard many of the same noises 12 months ago ...

To be fair, their crowds were half the size that they are now three or four years ago, so they have been very much on the up and give it a few more years and they will be higher still unlike the majority of SL clubs whose crowd numbers have stagnated for years now.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Hello said:

Not really.  Toulouse will likely dominate in the same way.  As they did the previous season when they got promoted, beating everyone including Leigh, not dropping a single point despite the massive disadvantage of having to play every single regular season game away due to covid.

In fairness they also had a big advantage as they only played every other week due to Covid.

22 minutes ago, Hello said:

They beat Leigh last year ? 🤔 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, The Daddy said:

Seems like it's now a custom for certain Leigh supporters to hijack EVERY and turn it to a pointless debate about something or other. #toxic 

Having no income cannot be a growth strategy for any business in any sector , if you feel otherwise you are a proper 8x2

2 hours ago, The Daddy said:

Playing every other week is not an advantage as performance is normally linked to playing  on a week to week basis

Over a season it is a massive advantage. Especially factoring in Covid. 

Players are fresher and less likely to sustain injuries. Injured players have a week longer to recover. There are also less games for players to be suspended. 

This is why the top two in Super League have a week off in play offs. 

Additionally It is a lot easier to win 14 games than 28. 🤷‍♀️

Think of cricket batting averages. It is more difficult to averages over 50 after 20 matches than 10 as it requires greater consistency. 

It's not a criticism as they were the best team. But they did play less games and they certainly didn't beat Leigh🙂

Edited by Niels
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

We all have automobiles , it's the latest thing , probably coming to Hull in another 20 years 

Sounds like magic or witchcraft to me. We’ll set fire to them, like they do in Salford. Don’t trust anything that can move without legs. 

Edited by Hull Kingston Bronco
Typo

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

Peyroux signed up again -think he took over captains job from Gigot . Work horse Hansen also signed up as has Pelissier. Russell wants a SL contract so leaving along with Sangare who has signed for Leeds.

Stade Ernest Wallon was best used for the play- offs 2021  6000 for the Batley Semi final and 9000 for the Final against Featherstone. Even this year when their case was over they pulled in not far from 10,000 for the Dragons game.

Edited by audois
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

16 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

They beat Leigh last year ? 🤔 

The season before is what I was trying to say (when they were in the championship).  You've probably gathered that I'm a supporter of expansion of SL to larger and new areas of population and as such am very pro having Toulouse in SL.  However, I am not anti any team as such and so will extend you a gentemanly good luck for the play-offs!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Niels said:

In fairness they also had a big advantage as they only played every other week due to Covid.

If you offered any team the chance to lose all of their home fixtures in the regular season, I don't think a single one would view that as a potential advantage since home teams have a significantly higher chance of winning on average.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Hello said:

The season before is what I was trying to say (when they were in the championship).  You've probably gathered that I'm a supporter of expansion of SL to larger and new areas of population and as such am very pro having Toulouse in SL.  However, I am not anti any team as such and so will extend you a gentemanly good luck for the play-offs!

Was that at Leigh or Toulouse ? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hello said:

If you offered any team the chance to lose all of their home fixtures in the regular season, I don't think a single one would view that as a potential advantage since home teams have a significantly higher chance of winning on average.

I agree with you on this point. 

• Like 1

On 15/09/2022 at 17:28, The Daddy said:

Seems like it's now a custom for certain Leigh supporters to hijack EVERY and turn it to a pointless debate about something or other. #toxic 

Im tipping leigh to go down again in 2023

Gigot, Navarrette, Russell, Norman all confirmed to have left the club now - Dixon, Paulo, Puech, Sangare all already gone with Lloyd White likely retiring as well. 

Lots of turnover here, interesting to see how they build the squad up for next season.

• Like 1

On 15/09/2022 at 20:03, Mattrhino said:

Another wasted year in championship 

The championship grows in stature every year. 

I have been 13 widnes games this year and ive really enjoyed it. 

Im especially looking forward to going to keighley in 2023.

So this league has its own merit, with a lot of quality players 

• Like 8