Outside Leeds & St Helens Is Anyone Interested in Another Sts V Rhinos Grand Final

OMEGA

I guess I am interested but probably the least interested incould be. This combination of Grand Finalists is probably the least interesting. It's also why I was happy the Storm and Roosters were knocked out of the NRL finals last week.

The same teams winning gets stale. Unfortunately for SL there has been such a small amount of winners.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

new rise.jpg

2 hours ago, north yorks trinity said:

I'm not quite sure why anyone equates someone expressing disappointment that Saints and Leeds are in the GF with someone who doesn't like RL. I love RL but there's two reasons why I'm disappointed. One is precisely because I do love the game and can see that less predictability would spread the excitement more widely. The other is more from a selfish point of view that I get so  much more from a game when I care who wins. I can usually make a case for one team over another even when I'm technically a neutral, but in this case, while I'll enjoy the game and admire the skills on show, I really couldn't give a rats bottom who wins, given that two of my favourite teams (in  no particular order) are Anyone But Saints and Anyone But Leeds. 

Nicely put.

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

9 hours ago, LeeF said:

He’s a Saints fan so is probably trying to forget the 78 final - 10-0 up and all that 

So am I and gutting as it was (especially the last minute fumble over the line) it was a game for the ages and an unforgettable performance by John Holmes.

Given our CC record from the 50s onwards we couldn’t imagine it would be 1996 before we won it again.

• Like 1

I know there are many fans of association football on here ,fans of both codes . The English Premier League, there is a Cartel of about four clubs maybe only 2 who have a realistic chance of winning that comp . In SL we have had only 4 clubs won since SL began and I think its similar in the EPL  

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

9 hours ago, north yorks trinity said:

I'm not quite sure why anyone equates someone expressing disappointment that Saints and Leeds are in the GF with someone who doesn't like RL. I love RL but there's two reasons why I'm disappointed. One is precisely because I do love the game and can see that less predictability would spread the excitement more widely. The other is more from a selfish point of view that I get so  much more from a game when I care who wins. I can usually make a case for one team over another even when I'm technically a neutral, but in this case, while I'll enjoy the game and admire the skills on show, I really couldn't give a rats bottom who wins, given that two of my favourite teams (in  no particular order) are Anyone But Saints and Anyone But Leeds. 

Absolutely agree with this. I usually support anyone who is playing against Saints and anyone who is playing against Leeds. So it’s a case of which team I want to lose the most. And It is too close to call. So the final will be on the TV, but I won’t be glued to it as I normally am. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, fieldofclothofgold said:

I know there are many fans of association football on here ,fans of both codes . The English Premier League, there is a Cartel of about four clubs maybe only 2 who have a realistic chance of winning that comp . In SL we have had only 4 clubs won since SL began and I think its similar in the EPL  

Which is why we need the odd Leicester City , just saying " yes but " doesn't make it a good thing , do you want it to continue as it is ? , Is it good for the sport IYO ? , Do you want it to change and more different winners as long as Leeds still get their 1 in 3 ? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, johnh1 said:

Absolutely agree with this. I usually support anyone who is playing against Saints and anyone who is playing against Leeds. So it’s a case of which team I want to lose the most. And It is too close to call. So the final will be on the TV, but I won’t be glued to it as I normally am. 

I've never been to the GF , just prior to the play offs my wife and son suggested we attend , I was considering it in the hope Salford , Cats or the Giants would make the final ( my last CC final apart from this year for the 1895 cup was the first back at Wembley supporting the Cats against Saints ) but I'm not really bothered now , I have no ' dog in the fight ' 

Ah yes, the predicability of Leeds getting to the Final when they were bottom of the league in April was everywhere. 

We had many saying how bad it was that it could have been Salford and Huddersfield in a final on here a couple of weeks ago now two of the better supported clubs are in it, it’s “them two? Again?” despite them playing eight major finals in 127 years of the game, the last being eleven years ago. It’s typical of the rugby league fraternity to moan and they would have if any of the six made the final (Catalans - no fans, Huddersfield- no fans, Salford - will they bring any fans?, Saints - them again?, Wigan - them again?, Leeds - them again?). After we’ve just had two very good semi-finals to decide who gets to the Grand Final, people are moaning about who won those games, some because they must believe in conspiracy theories between the referees and certain clubs if posts on here and social media are anything to go by and about who won and the fact that they’ve played against each other before in Grand Finals. It gets the point where I’m certainly asking whether these people actually like the game and what their motivation is?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Because that isn't what is happening here. 

People can feel how they want about a game,  but to start a stroppy,  self entitled thread on an RL forum positioning a view that the majority disagree with (it'll be the biggest crowd of the year and have great viewing figures) is just acting like a spoilt teenager.  And RL fans are well entitled to push back against criticism of their biggest event. 

My post was genuine.  If people don't like it,  leave it to those who do to enjoy instead of coming and trying to dump a ###### over it. 

We all enjoy a moan on here,  complaining,  discussing about the sport,  improvements etc.  Is part of the fun -  just trashing it is far too common for so called RL fans.  Really,  the posts often read like they are from RU trolls. 

• Like 4

Anyone positioning a view of 'I'm interested but not as much as if xxxx were there'. 

You are not in agreement with the OP. 

I'd be more interested next week if my team were there and not sitting in 11th, but that's sport. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jughead said:

It gets the point where I’m certainly asking whether these people actually like the game and what their motivation is?

OK, I'll admit it. I've been rumbled. I do hate the game and if only I had something else in my life I wouldn't need to spend all those tedious hours watching, travelling to and talking about rugby league.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Jughead said:

Ah yes, the predicability of Leeds getting to the Final when they were bottom of the league in April was everywhere. 

We had many saying how bad it was that it could have been Salford and Huddersfield in a final on here a couple of weeks ago now two of the better supported clubs are in it, it’s “them two? Again?” despite them playing eight major finals in 127 years of the game, the last being eleven years ago. It’s typical of the rugby league fraternity to moan and they would have if any of the six made the final (Catalans - no fans, Huddersfield- no fans, Salford - will they bring any fans?, Saints - them again?, Wigan - them again?, Leeds - them again?). After we’ve just had two very good semi-finals to decide who gets to the Grand Final, people are moaning about who won those games, some because they must believe in conspiracy theories between the referees and certain clubs if posts on here and social media are anything to go by and about who won and the fact that they’ve played against each other before in Grand Finals. It gets the point where I’m certainly asking whether these people actually like the game and what their motivation is?

Spot on.  I'm glad it's not just me. 

I'm fed up of the derogatory terms for the sport used constantly by certain people. I genuinely wish they'd just go away. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, north yorks trinity said:

OK, I'll admit it. I've been rumbled. I do hate the game and if only I had something else in my life I wouldn't need to spend all those tedious hours watching, travelling to and talking about rugby league.

But you have said you will watch and enjoy the game.  So you don't agree with the OP. 

6 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Anyone positioning a view of 'I'm interested but not as much as if xxxx were there'. 

You are not in agreement with the OP. 

I'd be more interested next week if my team were there and not sitting in 11th, but that's sport. 

Me too , useless barstewards 😉

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dave T said:

But you have said you will watch and enjoy the game.  So you don't agree with the OP. 

You're right, I don't really agree but I fully understand the sentiment. But some respondents on the thread are suggesting the idea that if you sympathise with the OP, you probably don't like RL; witness Jughead quoting my post to ask this exact question.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, north yorks trinity said:

You're right, I don't really agree but I fully understand the sentiment. But some respondents on the thread are suggesting the idea that if you sympathise with the OP, you probably don't like RL; witness Jughead quoting my post to ask this exact question.

It is hard to make a case that an RL fan would have no interest and think nobody else would have any I terest in the biggest game of the year. 

Again, yes. It's the Grand Final. I'm not bothered who is in it, just as long as it's great. Also that it has enough incidents for you lot to moan, I mean discuss politely, about.😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Dave T said:

It is hard to make a case that an RL fan would have no interest and think nobody else would have any I terest in the biggest game of the year. 

I suspect most people who are feeling disappointed with a Leeds v Saints final aren't actually saying they have zero interest in watching two excellent teams contest a high intensity match of RL, just zero interest in who wins, which I suspect most would agree reduces the anticipation significantly. Also, with an upcoming world cup it feels far from the biggest game of the year.

As I said on the "Salford Vs Huddersfield GF Best for the game" thread, it is far better that we have 3 institutions to keep Super League honest.

Wishing them away doesn't make Super League any better. Its up to Warrington, Hull FC, Catalans, Cas etc to overtake them - and yes I can see the limitations placed on that.

• Like 1