Outside Leeds & St Helens Is Anyone Interested in Another Sts V Rhinos Grand Final

OMEGA

18 hours ago, OMEGA said:

Not really, in my case

You must have hated Tennis for the past 20 years with basically 3 players winning most of the majors... or the football WC with the same 5 teams winning every 4 years..

I'm a RL fan and I just want to see a really good game played infront of a big crowd. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Half the clubs in the League either played in the Challenge cup or Super League Semi finals

Only Wakefield haven’t been in a final out of the Super League clubs in the past twenty-odd finals in both competitions. Still, that isn’t enough for some. 

People quote the Premier League , and now F1 , maybe they should have a play off system , have one last F1 race at the end of the season to decide the winner , all the other races just sort out the grid position , why not ? 

F1 and the premier League operate at 95%+ attendances all through the season , if we did that , there'd be no need to have a play off system , FPTP is the only truly fair system , it rewards the whole season , there are other arguments as to why we don't , for a century we didn't have it because of regionalised structures , in truth there is NO reason not to have it now , except money 

See you all later , I've got. Fence to dismantle and rebuild 🙋

15 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

You must have hated Tennis for the past 20 years with basically 3 players winning most of the majors... or the football WC with the same 5 teams winning every 4 years..

I'm a RL fan and I just want to see a really good game played infront of a big crowd. 

How many different players reached the grand Slam Finals over those 20 years?

Just now, OMEGA said:

How many different players reached the grand Slam Finals over those 20 years?

Yes but they have 4 majors a year and 100s of players compete in each one and just 3 (talking about mens) players have won about 75% to 80% of of them - we have 12 teams, one final a year and we have had 4 winners and about 8 /9 team who have contested the finals.

38 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Then you'd prefer FPTP , that rewards the best over the season , this is a league not a cup , give them the trophy now , promote Leigh now as Keighley have been , sorted 

Plus I don't believe you , you're telling lies 😉 , either that or you are the unfeeling robot I thought you were 😀

I really would appreciate if you stopped telling me my own thoughts, especially when they are objectively untrue. It really does clutter threads unnecessarily.

37 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Where has anybody ( including me ) suggested that ? , Nowhere , is this what's called a straw man thingy ? 

Its one possible logical conclusion to make your Salford vs Huddersfield example happen.

If not, you accept the only 2 teams good enough to be in the Grand Final are there.

Its going to be interesting to see how the crowd holds up after last years disappointing attendance (28000) hopefully back up to 70000 again:) Leeds should take i guess at least 20000 Saints fans most be bored with all their success.

GOOD LUCK to both teams and fingers crossed for a classic.

Paul

39 minutes ago, Jughead said:

Only Wakefield haven’t been in a final out of the Super League clubs in the past twenty-odd finals in both competitions. Still, that isn’t enough for some. 

Exactly. This year alone, 6 different clubs were within 80 minutes of the Cup or Grand Final. Half the league!

Perhaps 12 clubs is too small a number to have in serious contention. Perhaps some fans don't like that between the 3 of them, Leeds, Wigan and Saints act as Gatekeepers for the Super League trophy each season. 

2 hours ago, fieldofclothofgold said:

I know there are many fans of association football on here ,fans of both codes . The English Premier League, there is a Cartel of about four clubs maybe only 2 who have a realistic chance of winning that comp . In SL we have had only 4 clubs won since SL began and I think its similar in the EPL  

Don’t look into Scottish football. I mean the number of clubs who have won their main premier league since 1986 is massive

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, LeeF said:

Don’t look into Scottish football. I mean the number of clubs who have won their main premier league since 1986 is massive

Yes but plenty do acknowledge that the dominance of those two club is very bad for Scottish football and destroys the domestic league. Its not a great analogy and thankfully RL is no where near as skewed as that.

• Like 1

Just now, Damien said:

Yes but plenty do acknowledge that the dominance of those two club is very bad for Scottish football and destroys the domestic league. Its not a great analogy and thankfully RL is no where near as skewed as that.

It’s awful for Scottish football and they are permanently locked in unless some sort of miracle occurs. 
My initial post was slightly tongue in cheek but also to point that things in RL are not that bad when compared to other senior leagues

• Like 2

20 hours ago, OMEGA said:

Not really, in my case

Maybe not for you but what about potential viewers who only have a passing interest in RL?

I'm in that category with football and would probably watch Man City vs Liverpool in a final but wouldn't if it was Wolves vs Brentford or something similar.

Saints are the best club side and Leeds are the form team and a big club. There's also a lot of history between the two clubs. It should hold a lot of interest for a lot of people 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Dave T said:

Anyone positioning a view of 'I'm interested but not as much as if xxxx were there'. 

You are not in agreement with the OP. 

I'd be more interested next week if my team were there and not sitting in 11th, but that's sport. 

indeed. i would be more interested if it was leeds v Toulouse in the grand finale. 

ah well maybe in 10 years' time

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

I wanted Salford because I wanted someone new to win it but will be a great crowd and game. 

If we want different teams to be there we need to get the rest up to the cap. 

they need to get themselves up to cap.

you get up to cap by been a successful business instead of just been the local club.

1 hour ago, paul hicks said:

but not all of those played in both 

Off the top of my head Saints, Wigan, Catalans, Salford, Cas, Leeds and Warrington have played in both finals in the last ten or so years. 7/11 of this year’s Super League is a very good return for final appearances. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

And you agree it would be good for the sport ? 

I think the benefits are overstated personally.  "Good for the game"  is a weird quite that is applied to many things that can't be quantified.