Outside Leeds & St Helens Is Anyone Interested in Another Sts V Rhinos Grand Final

OMEGA

Not me now thanks, will do something else.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

49 minutes ago, JohnM said:

So that's three, so far. 

I think plenty of us would want some new winners. As a Wire fan I'd love to win it. 

I wanted Catalans to win it last year. 

But I won't act like a stroppy child if a new team doesn't. 

That's not how sport works,  we don't get to handlick who makes finals,  or who wins,  that's why sport is so interesting and addictive. 

I expect wanting a new winner is common,  claiming you're not interested in Leeds v Saints is a different point. 

• Like 2

I expect wanting a new winner is common,  claiming you're not interested in Leeds v Saints is a different point. 

Point taken. What triggered my post was the aggressive approach of the poster claiming to speak on the behalf of every fan.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It’s not as though clubs don’t have a chance to win the Grand Final or the Challenge Cup. We’ve had four different finalists across both competitions this year, six different Grand finalists in the last seven years, six consecutive different winners in the cup and ten different finalists in the past eight finals. In the last eight years, only Wakefield have failed to make at least one final. 

We’ve got the League Leaders against probably the form team in the competition on Saturday, so it should be a good final, without the added layers of stuff like Knowles and The RFL’s role In proceedings this week. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jughead said:

It’s not as though clubs don’t have a chance to win the Grand Final or the Challenge Cup. We’ve had four different finalists across both competitions this year, six different Grand finalists in the last seven years, six consecutive different winners in the cup and ten different finalists in the past eight finals. In the last eight years, only Wakefield have failed to make at least one final. 

We’ve got the League Leaders against probably the form team in the competition on Saturday, so it should be a good final, without the added layers of stuff like Knowles and The RFL’s role In proceedings this week. 

Yep,  this is my position on it all.  Hope is one of the biggest draws for me,  and at the start of the year a lot of clubs have reason to believe they can do something special. Even up to that last game,  Salford were very close. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, JohnM said:

I expect wanting a new winner is common,  claiming you're not interested in Leeds v Saints is a different point. 

Point taken. What triggered my post was the aggressive approach of the poster claiming to speak on the behalf of every fan.

Aggressive ? , Me ? 😂

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

I saw that and instantly thought of this thread lol. 

Once again instantly proving the "post a lot on TRL but isn't in touch with the rest of society" rule!

It is always worth remembering that. Normal people aren't creating usernames and icons and posting on here.

That applies even when we're right (and I am always right).

• Haha 3

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)