How are RLWC ticket sales going?

IM2

I bought two tickets for the game at The Riverside yesterday, and I could have bought tickets anywhere in the ground.

I hope I'm wrong, but I fear I might be sitting there (with my non-RL wife) in an empty stadium

But then sticking Tonga vs Cooks in a 30K capacity stadium was a bit odd. I'm going at least partly because I've never met another RL fan around here and felt I ought to make the effort lol

• Like 8

28 minutes ago, paulwalker71 said:

I bought two tickets for the game at The Riverside yesterday, and I could have bought tickets anywhere in the ground.

I hope I'm wrong, but I fear I might be sitting there (with my non-RL wife) in an empty stadium

But then sticking Tonga vs Cooks in a 30K capacity stadium was a bit odd. I'm going at least partly because I've never met another RL fan around here and felt I ought to make the effort lol

Probably the strangest choice of stadium / game in the whole tournament. They could have had it in one of the Cumbrian grounds and packed it out. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Probably the strangest choice of stadium / game in the whole tournament. They could have had it in one of the Cumbrian grounds and packed it out. 

Agree, the irony is Derwent Park (Workington) is a better stadium now than it was for the 2013 games and the 2014 4 nations game for Scotland V NZ.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Indeed.  A bigger capacity than the Reebok which hosts an England game.  Absolute zero logic. Id love to hear the explanation. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Frisky said:

Agree, the irony is Derwent Park (Workington) is a better stadium now than it was for the 2013 games and the 2014 4 nations game for Scotland V NZ.

I think the original plan was to have matches at Workington until the new stadium was delayed/cancelled. Those matches were moved to Kingston Park, Newcastle.

I thought at the time they'd be better keeping them in Cumberland at an existing stadium.

Riverside does seem like an odd choice.

Edited by Barley Mow
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Got there in the end. 74 tickets purchased. Can’t wait to try and sort out all the digital tickets!

Are the digital tickets immediately available? I've had to buy some tickets through a reseller, so I'd like to know if they've been released so I can chase them. 

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

26 minutes ago, DI Keith Fowler said:

Are the digital tickets immediately available? I've had to buy some tickets through a reseller, so I'd like to know if they've been released so I can chase them. 

The ones I bought weren't. It just said they'd be sent out a month before the game

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DI Keith Fowler said:

I got an email last week with an article about how after 18th Sept any tickets bought would only be available as e tickets. It also said anyone with pre-existing e tickets will get them two week prior to the start of the tournament in October. 

11 minutes ago, Will Holt said:

They've just announced that the Australia Fiji game at Headingley now only has 150 seats remaining...seems good going. Anyone know how much seating is available at Headingley?

I’d guess about 8k seated. 

• Thanks 1

Ticketing site is now saying limited availability on the Western Terrace, which is encouraging. 

You probably say, especially with all other sections sold out (or less than 150 tickets) we'd be around the 15K mark.

Very encouraging, especially as it's on the same day as the Opener.

Other games on the opening weekend are looking solid. Most of the Grandstand at Kingston Park has been moved for Scotland v Italy, whilst NZ v Lebanon & Ireland v Jamaica are both reporting low availability. 

• Like 2

PACIFIQUE TREIZE: Join the team by registering as a fan today at pacifique13.com

10 hours ago, Yakstorm said:

Ticketing site is now saying limited availability on the Western Terrace, which is encouraging. 

You probably say, especially with all other sections sold out (or less than 150 tickets) we'd be around the 15K mark.

Very encouraging, especially as it's on the same day as the Opener.

Other games on the opening weekend are looking solid. Most of the Grandstand at Kingston Park has been moved for Scotland v Italy, whilst NZ v Lebanon & Ireland v Jamaica are both reporting low availability. 

I'd be surprised if we've sold that many,  surely they'd be calling out that 75% of all tickets were sold. 

But it is definitely positive that the most expensive tickets are pretty much sold out.  Terracing should broadly take care of itself, and you'd expect sales there until the actual kick off if available. 

4 hours ago, Dave T said:

I'd be surprised if we've sold that many,  surely they'd be calling out that 75% of all tickets were sold. 

But it is definitely positive that the most expensive tickets are pretty much sold out.  Terracing should broadly take care of itself, and you'd expect sales there until the actual kick off if available. 

Leeds must have more than 8000 seats ? 

Paul

9 minutes ago, EggFace said:

Said this before but I bought my tickets with 3 instalments through Klarna last year and wished I didn't as have not received them or any updates.

Sure it'll be fine.  Klarna is just a way of paying,  you'll have your email confirmation of your purchase from RLWC I assume? 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, EggFace said:

Said this before but I bought my tickets with 3 instalments through Klarna last year and wished I didn't as have not received them or any updates.

i bought mine early (early 2020/late 2019 whenever they went on sale).. not got them yet

I believe Klarna is a PayPal thing so it doesnt mean PayPal didnt pay the RFL straight away.

Edited by RP London
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, EggFace said:

Yeah don't worry, its just like paying with a credit card. As far as RLWC are concerned you have paid in full the date you made the agreement with Klarna.

• Thanks 1