Miloudi to Albi

audois

He get's around doesn't he.  Barrow stay has been good for him - as was Toronto. Hull FC and Doncaster to add on. Good to see him in France B selection to play England Knights in Bordeaux 1st October too.

Talk here that Albi could be one of the favorites for the Championship in 2023.

What's happening with another young Tarn half-back Fabre, - still up in Queensland?

Edited by audois
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

Yes Fabre is still in Australia for the moment, Pia could be outsiders, good solid ex Catalan players, heard the players that have been released from Catalan may be going there, plus an ex Toulouse olympique player and a couple of foreigners! Could be a very good team if it all happens, 

St Gaudens should be alot better this year too. 

• Like 3

seems the championship in France is improving year on year. my question really is how it would measure up in terms of the English leagues.

is it league one standard

how about bottom half of the championship 

top half of the championship.

would be interesting to hear the views of people who follow it

42 minutes ago, audois said:

He get's around doesn't he.  Barrow stay has been good for him - as was Toronto. Hull FC and Doncaster to add on. Good to see him in France B selection to play England Knights in Bordeaux 1st October too.

He's been a great showman here at Barrow, sometimes for the wrong reasons but we wish him well on his return to France. 

Of course the only downside is he won't be available to play in the final.  😀

1 hour ago, barnyia said:

Yes Fabre is still in Australia for the moment, Pia could be outsiders, good solid ex Catalan players, heard the players that have been released from Catalan may be going there, plus an ex Toulouse olympique player and a couple of foreigners! Could be a very good team if it all happens, 

St Gaudens should be alot better this year too. 

Alan hear that Brock Pelligra is heading to TO Elite 1 after his stay with London Broncos. The Australian half-back was in the Carcassonne championship winners side last season. Another good signing for Toulouse there

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

Yes he's going to toulouse elite, 

I'd say Carcassonne, limoux Lézignan would be mid championship,the rest lower championship top 4 league 1 and maybe one or two teams lower league 1.  I spoke to Brock and he said the speed and physicality in elite is almost the same as mid championship (when he played the top French teams), just the championship players where a little bigger/heavier, 

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, barnyia said:

Yes he's going to toulouse elite, 

I'd say Carcassonne, limoux Lézignan would be mid championship,the rest lower championship top 4 league 1 and maybe one or two teams lower league 1.  I spoke to Brock and he said the speed and physicality in elite is almost the same as mid championship (when he played the top French teams), just the championship players where a little bigger/heavier, 

Seeing as Brock only played 2 Championship games and was against Dewsbury and Sheffield .That's hardly a measuring stick.

The top 3-4 sides in League 1 ,would win or get close to winning the Elite 1 competition. Workington/Dewsbury definitely would being the 2 bottom Champ teams. 

Elite 1 is far slower is terms of game speed and far less technical (no wrestle in the tackles etc) ,it is a more free flowing game however.

8 hours ago, Cowboy said:

Seeing as Brock only played 2 Championship games and was against Dewsbury and Sheffield .That's hardly a measuring stick.

The top 3-4 sides in League 1 ,would win or get close to winning the Elite 1 competition. Workington/Dewsbury definitely would being the 2 bottom Champ teams. 

Elite 1 is far slower is terms of game speed and far less technical (no wrestle in the tackles etc) ,it is a more free flowing game however.

First Of all Brock played 6 games in the championship so that’s no true. The top 4 league 1 clubs would come no where near winning elite 1, it is a very strong competition with over a Dozen players with nrl experience and it is closing in on the championship. 

The Catalan team that lost to Wigan recently got beat by Carcassonne by 50 points twice, so that means carcassonne could play in super League 😁

I reckon the top elite could make the mid table if they could get used to tougher games every week, elite 1 has 3 or 4 very good teams , a couple of average teams and a couple of teams that wouldn't even beat most national conference second teams, 

So a mixed bag, 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, SydneyRoosters said:

First Of all Brock played 6 games in the championship so that’s no true. The top 4 league 1 clubs would come no where near winning elite 1, it is a very strong competition with over a Dozen players with nrl experience and it is closing in on the championship. 

6? Care to name them,as according to the team line ups available online,it's 2 full games and 1 game he got pulled off after half time and didn't play a game since. 

Correct,there is former NRL players playing in the elite 1,all way past it and over the hill hence why they play in the elite 1.As there is former NRL players in League 1 and the Championship,doesn't make those teams world betters.

The Carcassonne team that won the championship ,would not win League 1. That's as simple as that is really.

The top 4 wouldnt win Elite 1? Keighly would absolutely murder the Elite 1 competition.Now if Keighly,Swinton or North Wales played in the Elite 1,they'd win it hands down.

I'll give you another player comparison since the Pelligra one doesn't settle with you.Rowland Kaye,also played for Carcassonne, he was a starting second row in a team that reached the Elite 1 Championship final 2020-2021 season. Kaye was signed from the West Wales Raiders (the worst semi pro league team in the history of the game) on his return from a starting season with the top elite 1 team Carcassonne,Kaye signed with Hunslet (a mid table League 1 team) and played a handful of games all season only from the bench.He was then mainly featuring in the reserves amateur competition. 

I could go on and on with comparisons.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

6? Care to name them,as according to the team line ups available online,it's 2 full games and 1 game he got pulled off after half time and didn't play a game since. 

Correct,there is former NRL players playing in the elite 1,all way past it and over the hill hence why they play in the elite 1.As there is former NRL players in League 1 and the Championship,doesn't make those teams world betters.

The Carcassonne team that won the championship ,would not win League 1. That's as simple as that is really.

The top 4 wouldnt win Elite 1? Keighly would absolutely murder the Elite 1 competition.Now if Keighly,Swinton or North Wales played in the Elite 1,they'd win it hands down.

I'll give you another player comparison since the Pelligra one doesn't settle with you.Rowland Kaye,also played for Carcassonne, he was a starting second row in a team that reached the Elite 1 Championship final 2020-2021 season. Kaye was signed from the West Wales Raiders (the worst semi pro league team in the history of the game) on his return from a starting season with the top elite 1 team Carcassonne,Kaye signed with Hunslet (a mid table League 1 team) and played a handful of games all season only from the bench.He was then mainly featuring in the reserves amateur competition. 

You really have no idea what you’re talking about, it isn’t 2015 anymore elite 1 has become a Fantastic competition with a good standard of rugby being played, you can take everyone’s word for it not just mine. At the end of the day you’re strange opinion doesn’t matter, Dozens of players who have played in elite 1 and in England have commented on the standard of it and they have all said what I’ve being saying. The fact is Elite 1 is almost the same standard as the championship, keep believing what you want believe but you’re opinion is completely stupid. (Carcassonne would win in every game in league 1 40+)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

Pelligra has played these games

Round 14 York City HB

Round 15 Dewsbury HB

Round 16 Widnes 5/8

Round 17 Sheffield 5/8

Round 20 Halifax Bench

Round 21 Sheffield Bench

Round 22 Newcastle Bench

So 7 not 6 my mistake.

20 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

Just to laugh at you’re idiocity even more Rowland Kaye played 5 games for carcassonne only starting 2. Starting 2 out of 18 games is far from being a “ Starting Second row” this just proves my point that you have zero clue what you’re talking about..

• Haha 1

Hes been a credit to Barrow. I think most top end championship clubs would have him but his fiance gave birth to their first child this year so understand him going back to France. 

His combination with Ritson was probably the best partnership in the league this year. If he could defend better and kept his cool he would be an SL player as his centre play is as good as it gets. 

1 hour ago, Cowboy said:

He played a couple of games during COVID ,  they took him from Montpellier I believe when the crazy Montpellier sharks team got kicked out of the league, 

Get a time and a date sorted and we'll play you 😁

Edited by barnyia

7 minutes ago, RSN said:

Hes been a credit to Barrow. I think most top end championship clubs would have him but his fiance gave birth to their first child this year so understand him going back to France. 

His combination with Ritson was probably the best partnership in the league this year. If he could defend better and kept his cool he would be an SL player as his centre play is as good as it gets. 

He's an absolute nightmare to defend against. You sort of know what he's going to do but you can't stop him. I agree he's top end of SL quality in attack it's just everything else about his game. 

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

8 minutes ago, DI Keith Fowler said:

He's an absolute nightmare to defend against. You sort of know what he's going to do but you can't stop him. I agree he's top end of SL quality in attack it's just everything else about his game. 

Agree entirely. I genuinely believe as an attacker he's one of the top 5 ball playing centres in SL/championship but his tackling technique is poor and makes so many misreads. 

It's frustrating seeing a player have fantastic ability in one aspect yet so poor in another. As a Barrow fan I can't complain and would love too see him back at some point. When him and Ritson were 2 v 2 in space more often than not we scored which is a testament to both players attacking abilities. 

He’s been frustrating to watch at Barrow this season, moments of sheer magic mixed with absolute brain farts. When Costello played he was much more consistent than Miloudi and seemed to strike up a good understanding with Ritson. Rumour has it that Miloudi asked Barrow to double his money to stay next season which the club refused. 

15 hours ago, Cowboy said:

Hello.

No.

Carcassonne would murder League one as Toulouse did when they got in the English system. 

• Like 3

Hakim Miloudi for me has been fantastic this season. Along with Sammut they both brought something missing down Craven Park for years, real excitement. For all his indiscipline and dodgy defence the sense of anticipation in the crowd when he touched the ball was a total joy.  It was what rugby should be, tough and uplifting. Plus boy could he play.  It was a total pleasure Hakim.

• Like 2