Match thread. Championship Playoff semifinal. Featherstone Rovers v Batley. Sunday 25th September 2022

Fevrover

fev got what they deserved just pathetic defence hopeless as usual like every game we play still it will save the thrashing from leigh next week. Just swap coaches and fev would have won comfortably. Not even complaining about halls 2 missed goals and batley knock on try. Either mac goes or the fans will.

• Like 1

On 20/09/2022 at 07:53, Monkeymagic22 said:

Just can't see us playing as poorly as we did when Batley beat us previously. Full respect to Batley, but we should really be beating them comfortably if we are to have any chance in the final. Batley can be proud of themselves whatever the result on Sunday, but for us defeat would be under achievement.

Can you remember earlier on In  the season you said it will definitely be a leigh v fev final and I pulled you up on it. I got something for you to eat. Hope you like humble pie. GET IN THE DOGS

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

Well done for remembering that and gloating so quickly.

I think I deserve to be able to gloat after what has been a truly amazing achievement by BATLEY BULLDOGS,  when nobody gave us a chance. Good look for 2023, you might be a bit more careful with your predictions next time around. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, marklaspalmas said:

Credit to Batley, they did a job on us.

The 2022 Fev project came up short and ultimately failed.

Roll on 2023.

Up The Rovers.

Yep, well done Batley. Deserved their win.
Probably a great game for the neutral to watch, but not easy viewing for Fev fans.

We couldn't step up on our regular season form in the play-offs and paid the price. Inability to put Batley's forwards on the ground and indiscipline cost us dearly, especially in the first half. We wouldn't have been remotely competitive against Leigh on that showing anyway.

Mac's comment that he had failed in his mission in his post-game interview was telling.

Long term I think we're still in a pretty good place but short term it's obviously a disappointing time.

Like Mark says, roll on 2023.

• Like 3

Congratulations to Batley on being the better team. Best of luck next week.

Our discipline and defense in the first half was awful and that's what cost us. Looked to me like the lads sacked off the McDermott master plan for the last 20 and then we actually looked dangerous. The whole balance of the game changed when Jacks started taking the line on.

McDermott has ultimately been a disappointment and as he's apparently said he's failed. His brand of rugby might work in Super League but hasn't done for us. It's been dull and uninspiring. He has to be shown the door.

I think it hurts less as, being realistic, we had zero chance of winning next week.

The plan has to be get some younger forwards in for next year and go again with a coach that understands the championship. 

Good luck Batley 👍

Edited by Michael Bates
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Well done, Batley. As in earlier posts. they were able to offload far too easily in the first 40 With 14 points down after the break it was not going to be easy. WE gave us a chance and then non tackling did us again. In the end it was too big a hill to climb, and Batley did deserve to win. The tactics even in the first part of the second half was 4 drives 1 pass and kick.  Not sorry to see Broadbent go, and for me so should Ford, as least Smith would have given his all. For me the only bright spot was the improvement shown by Joey

Let's get rid of McD , and get a proven Championship coach.  Anyway roll on 2023 and hope for just as good a season.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Michael Bates said:

Congratulations to Batley on being the better team. Best of luck next week.

Our discipline and defense in the first half was awful and that's what cost us. Looked to me like the lads sacked off the McDermott master plan for the last 20 and then we actually looked dangerous. The whole balance of the game changed when Jacks started taking the line on.

McDermott has ultimately been a disappointment and as he's apparently said he's failed. His brand of rugby might work in Super League but hasn't done for us. It's been dull and uninspiring. He has to be shown the door.

I think it hurts less as, being realistic, we had zero chance of winning next week.

The plan has to be get some younger forwards in for next year and go again with a coach that understands the championship. 

Good luck Batley 👍

Couldn't have put it better myself!

Two narnty farrrrvvvvvvvv!!!