WE'RE OFF TO FEV!

The scrim reaper

18 minutes ago, Dog forever said:

Going to be a great match no matter what the outcome. Fev strong favourites to play leigh in the million pound game. Let's see if we can re- write the ending. 

Well if Batley do beat us ( again ) i  for one will wish them well,would have hated losing to Halifax.

6 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

Well if Batley do beat us ( again ) i  for one will wish them well,would have hated losing to Halifax.

I fancy our chances FEVROVER, just like I do at every match.  I think with fev having a wk off fresh legs n all that, it's going to be tough ask for us. But either way I will be there cheering the dogs on beer in hand at my favourite away ground.  Hood luck to both teams I say to what has been a memorable season for both clubs.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Dog forever said:

I fancy our chances FEVROVER, just like I do at every match.  I think with fev having a wk off fresh legs n all that, it's going to be tough ask for us. But either way I will be there cheering the dogs on beer in hand at my favourite away ground.  Hood luck to both teams I say to what has been a memorable season for both clubs.

2 minutes ago, Dog forever said:

Batley,Barrow, York and Fax have all had excellent seasons on their budgets.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Does anyone know what the central funding is for next season yet? I had seen an announcement was due shortly, but since then, it has gone very quiet.

Also, does yesterday's win mean the lowest we can finish is 3rd, in terms of prize money, regardless of next week's result at Fev, providing York do not beat Leigh?

Edited by DOGFATHER

22 minutes ago, DOGFATHER said:

Does anyone know what the central funding is for next season yet? I had seen an announcement was due shortly, but since then, it has gone very quiet.

Also, does yesterday's win mean the lowest we can finish is 3rd, in terms of prize money, regardless of next week's result at Fev, providing York do not beat Leigh?

I thought the lowest we can finish is 5th. 

Edited by Dog forever
Spelling mistake

4 hours ago, Keep The Faith said:

Why? The club have beaten the higher club and fax been knocked out means Batley now can finish 3rd overall depending on next weeks results 

I think the funding is based on end of regular season league positions, so if I am correct, Batley’s funding will be on finishing fifth. 

Good luck against Fev, but do you really want to suffer another Leigh thrashing - either of you ?

Edited by Crown Flatter
Legs, Dews, Legs.

12 hours ago, Keep The Faith said:

Why? The club have beaten the higher club and fax been knocked out means Batley now can finish 3rd overall depending on next weeks results 

I didn't think the points from the play offs went on league table points. I have just looked and we are still 5th, or am I missing something?

Edited by Dog forever
Spelling mistake

1 hour ago, Dog forever said:

I didn't think the points from the play offs went on league table points. I have just looked and we are still 5th, or am I missing something?

I've just seen on the club website we are currently the 3rd placed team.

Battling Bulldogs Into Final Four - Batley Bulldogs

Edited by DOGFATHER

36 minutes ago, DOGFATHER said:

I've just seen on the club website we are currently the 3rd placed team.

Battling Bulldogs Into Final Four - Batley Bulldogs

YES an NO  D it's right you are the third highest placed team in the play offs  but it's because you finished higher in the league than York 5th 0ver 6th but if Fax had won then therir 3rd place trumps your 5th 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, POR said:

YES an NO  D it's right you are the third highest placed team in the play offs  but it's because you finished higher in the league than York 5th 0ver 6th but if Fax had won then therir 3rd place trumps your 5th 

As far as funding for next year,are Batley classed as 3rd or 5th.(Or 2nd if we beat Fev)?

12 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

I think the funding is based on end of regular season league positions, so if I am correct, Batley’s funding will be on finishing fifth. 

Good luck against Fev, but do you really want to suffer another Leigh thrashing - either of you ?

Even if you think you are going to get thrashed CF you have still got to have a go. You ought to know that from your recent experiences.🙄 Being in a position to challenge Leigh is better than not being in a position to challenge Leigh😂 Only joking really I still love Dewsbury Rams🌝

1 hour ago, gittinsfan said:

As far as funding for next year,are Batley classed as 3rd or 5th.(Or 2nd if we beat Fev)?

i think if you look at the league table on RFL web after Dogs win will tell you all you need to know G

4 hours ago, POR said:

YES an NO  D it's right you are the third highest placed team in the play offs  but it's because you finished higher in the league than York 5th 0ver 6th but if Fax had won then therir 3rd place trumps your 5th.

Where does the "no" bit come in then? Fax didn't win, so we are essentially 3rd as it stands?

All I am trying to ascertain is, what difference do our performances in the playoffs, if any, have on next season's central funding allocation

Edited by DOGFATHER

12 minutes ago, DOGFATHER said:

Where does the "no" bit come in then? Fax didn't win, so we are essentially 3rd as it stands.

All I am trying to ascertain is what difference does it make to next season's central funding? 

the no bit is the RFL still have you fifth in the league even after your win

THE yes bit is you are third highest in the playoffs because you finished above york in the final league table if fax had won you would be fourth in the playoffs cos fax finished above you in the final league table