WE'RE OFF TO FEV!

The scrim reaper

Just watched the RFL highlights; would like to ask Rob Hicks why he gave Fev an 8 pointer AFTER Riley Jacks dived in with his knees on Hooley scoring and before there was also a clear knee on Manning in the process of scoring? Not having a dig at Mr. Hicks as such, just pointing out that probably 95% of try scorers are fouled by the covering tackler in any game, knees in or probably an elbow drop or a knuckle under the tackle, week in week out and no action is taken yet in a high profile game 66% of the fouls in the action of scoring went unpunished.

28 minutes ago, phildog said:

Just watched the RFL highlights; would like to ask Rob Hicks why he gave Fev an 8 pointer AFTER Riley Jacks dived in with his knees on Hooley scoring and before there was also a clear knee on Manning in the process of scoring? Not having a dig at Mr. Hicks as such, just pointing out that probably 95% of try scorers are fouled by the covering tackler in any game, knees in or probably an elbow drop or a knuckle under the tackle, week in week out and no action is taken yet in a high profile game 66% of the fouls in the action of scoring went unpunished.

Ask him when you see him Phil. I'm sure it was the video ref that gave it though. Apart from that decision I thought he had a good game.

• Like 3

I'm not totally convinced that Manning actually fouled him, yes he was going in but must have realised the action and actually twisted over him.

I watched it on Premier Sports and they showed it from various angles and speeds.

10 hours ago, phildog said:

Fair enough it was a dodgy decision but so was missing Wards knock on.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, graham fisher said:

Say it quietly as some Fev supporters on their Facebook page were giving Hicks it big style and that was before they kicked off 😉

I don't know ANY Fev fan's and I've spoken to plenty at game,in club after game and since and not one blamed the ref. We were beat fair and square by a better TEAM performance,end of.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

I don't know ANY Fev fan's and I've spoken to plenty at game,in club after game and since and not one blamed the ref. We were beat fair and square by a better TEAM performance,end of.

Impressed by the gracious way the fev supporters who have posted on here have accepted defeat. Must have been a bitter pill to swallow. Top notch supporters IMO. 👍👍

• Like 3
Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

13 minutes ago, grumpyoldram said:

Impressed by the gracious way the fev supporters who have posted on here have accepted defeat. Must have been a bitter pill to swallow. Top notch supporters IMO. 👍👍

G, you will find this hard to believe but fans weren't as ( bothered) about losing to Batley this time because we don't mind Batley and we knew we wouldn't beat Leigh and that was down to Mac.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, phildog said:

95%!!!

Really?

Maybe in the 70's but hardly ever nowadays - get your blinkers off PD, or maybe buy some of those DVD's from BISSA.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

2 hours ago, Fevrover said:

G, you will find this hard to believe but fans weren't as ( bothered) about losing to Batley this time because we don't mind Batley and we knew we wouldn't beat Leigh and that was down to Mac.

Hi fev rover just been watching your fev TV breakfast business slot sounds like mcdermott had been training yours boys all week on how to beat leigh in the final and forgot about training how to beat Batley first!! How cocky is that? i concluded from some of the comments that firstly your players and chairman  were a bit smug! And just thought they had to turn up Sunday and they  would roll Batley over easily, and also mcdermott is a weird arrogant a*** hole who had a Leeds team that my grandma could have coached and won everything! And he sits back thinking he's great at his job! your better of without him!! A very weird guy! 

Edited by The scrim reaper

1 minute ago, The scrim reaper said:

Hi fev rover just been watching your fev TV breakfast business slot sounds like mcdermott had been training yours boys all week on how to beat leigh in the final and forgot about training how to beat Batley first!! How cocky is that? i concluded from some of the comments that firstly your players and chairman  were a bit smug! And just thought they had to turn up Sunday and they  would roll Batley over easily, and also mcdermott is a weird arrogant ###### hole who had a Leeds team that my grandma could have coached and won everything! And sits back thinking he's great at his job! your better of without him!! A very weird guy! 

Mcdermott and Chairman probably but not players,did they play against Batley like they could/ would beat Leigh -NO. Glad he's gone we might play some proper rugby next season,it's been awful to watch.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, phildog said:

FevRover, hope you all distance yourselves from Mr. Leilua's comment about how they should be beating bad clubs, like Batley......

Definitely, didn't even know he'd said that. Bad clubs ? What's that about ?

I thought the ref had a good game TBH. He kept it flowing and was pretty even handed.

He made a few errors, but, I do at least get the impression Hick's gives what he see's and is pretty consistent, and as a fan, you cannot ask for more than that.

Hodson was onside when the ball was kicked for the disallowed try, when you pause the game when the ball is on Gilmore's foot, he should have gone to the VR for that.

An 8 point try could have been awarded for the challenges on Manning and Hooley, I failed to see how they differed to the one that was awarded for Fev, if one was, they all should have been.

But, we got away with an offside regathering a loose ball late on, and Hooley could have easily been sin binned for a professional foul under the posts.

Swings and roundabouts.

Edited by DOGFATHER
  • Like 4

Never said Rob Hicks didn't have a good game; see; twisting my words again. It boils down to consistency, not just with this game but we see different decisions given for the same offences in every game.