Jump to content

WE'RE OFF TO FEV!


Recommended Posts

26 minutes ago, POR said:

the no bit is the RFL still have you fifth in the league even after your win

THE yes bit is you are third highest in the playoffs because you finished above york in the final league table if fax had won you would be fourth in the playoffs cos fax finished above you in the final league table 

 

So if we reach the playoff final, are you saying the central funding will not alter?

Link to comment
Share on other sites


17 minutes ago, DOGFATHER said:

So if we reach the playoff final, are you saying the central funding will not alter?

don't now what's going on this year cos were talking RFL who make it up as they go along but when FEV got to grand  final in  19 their central funding was comensurate to finishing fifth in the league 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, POR said:

don't now what's going on this year cos were talking RFL who make it up as they go along but when FEV got to grand  final in  19 their central funding was comensurate to finishing fifth in the league 

I have just read This, and it doesn't make any sense either?!?! 

Halifax Panthers commercial director Steve Lambert commented: “This is a massive game for the club as it will determine our finishing position in the Championship table and therefore how much central funding we receive in 2023. People probably don’t realise that if we lose to York, they then take on the 3rd place position in the league that we have worked so hard all year to secure.

Why would York go to 3rd? If that was the case, then surely York would play Featherstone, but as they are not, we must be 3rd.

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, DOGFATHER said:

I have just read This, and it doesn't make any sense either?!?! 

Halifax Panthers commercial director Steve Lambert commented: “This is a massive game for the club as it will determine our finishing position in the Championship table and therefore how much central funding we receive in 2023. People probably don’t realise that if we lose to York, they then take on the 3rd place position in the league that we have worked so hard all year to secure.

Why would York go to 3rd? If that was the case, then surely York would play Featherstone, but as they are not, we must be 3rd.

 

Looks like somebody else hasn't got a clue D 🤣

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, DOGFATHER said:

So if we reach the playoff final, are you saying the central funding will not alter?

I’m not 100% sure, but I believe that central  funding is dependent of where you finish in the playoffs. It is for this reason that the final is described as the million pound game, as in the team that wins the final gets funding as a SL team, not the team that finishes top of the league after the regular season.

Edited by The Grinder

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, The Grinder said:

I’m not 100% sure, but I believe that central  funding is dependent of where you finish in the playoffs. It is for this reason that the final is described as the million pound game, as in the team that wins the final gets funding as a SL team, not the team that finishes top of the league after the regular season.

it's called the million pound game because the team going into  SL gets over a milion pounds  in fuding it came about when championship  clubs played SL sides in the middle eights 

It was a double edge sword a championship side could get promoted and recieve over a million in funding and a SL side could get relegated anld lose their's hence Million Pound Game 

It has nothing to do with championship funding

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 19/09/2022 at 23:40, Crown Flatter said:

I think the funding is based on end of regular season league positions, so if I am correct, Batley’s funding will be on finishing fifth. 
 

Good luck against Fev, but do you really want to suffer another Leigh thrashing - either of you ?

Personally I'd rather face a thrashing at Leigh in the final then relegation and i honestly don't mean that as a dig. ANY team in the Championship would like to be in the final, that's what we all set out to do at the start wether some had more chance then others or not.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, POR said:

it's called the million pound game because the team going into  SL gets over a milion pounds  in fuding it came about when championship  clubs played SL sides in the middle eights 

It was a double edge sword a championship side could get promoted and recieve over a million in funding and a SL side could get relegated anld lose their's hence Million Pound Game 

It has nothing to do with championship funding

POR,

It was called the million pound game before the middle 8s.

Where do you think the funding comes from?

But as I said I am not 100% sure, but seem to remember that the funding was from the playoff placings. As in all things there is a good chance that I am wrong, so if you can point me at something that shows how the league placings/playoff placing determine the funding for the following year that would be great. I've looked but can't find it.

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, The Grinder said:

POR,

It was called the million pound game before the middle 8s.

Where do you think the funding comes from?

But as I said I am not 100% sure, but seem to remember that the funding was from the playoff placings. As in all things there is a good chance that I am wrong, so if you can point me at something that shows how the league placings/playoff placing determine the funding for the following year that would be great. I've looked but can't find it.

 

No it wasn't  G  

 Due to the success of the Super League Grand Final that was introduced in 1998, the RFL decided to introduce a Grand Final for the second division' with the winner being promoted to Super League rather than the team finishing top being promoted.

In 2007 it was announced licensing was to be introduced for the 2008 season, replacing promotion and relegation,but the Grand Final would be retained 

In 2015 the Championship Grand Final was effectively replaced with the Million Pound Game. where the top 4 C hampionship clubs would form a mini league with the bottom 4 Super League clubs  and teams finishing 4th and 5th in the mimi league would play each other in the Million Pound Game

All funding comes fromthe RFL

Nobody csn find it G but you got to remember  we are  talking about the RFL who make things up as they go along

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, POR said:

 

No it wasn't  G  

 Due to the success of the Super League Grand Final that was introduced in 1998, the RFL decided to introduce a Grand Final for the second division' with the winner being promoted to Super League rather than the team finishing top being promoted.

In 2007 it was announced licensing was to be introduced for the 2008 season, replacing promotion and relegation,but the Grand Final would be retained 

In 2015 the Championship Grand Final was effectively replaced with the Million Pound Game. where the top 4 C hampionship clubs would form a mini league with the bottom 4 Super League clubs  and teams finishing 4th and 5th in the mimi league would play each other in the Million Pound Game

All funding comes fromthe RFL

Nobody csn find it G but you got to remember  we are  talking about the RFL who make things up as they go along

Hi POR,

Not that it really maters but the finals before franchising were referred to as the million pound game. You can see this here in the article on Sky for the 2007 game between Cas & Widnes: https://www.skysports.com/rugby-league/castleford-vs-widnes/preview/16601. Quote "Sunday's League One Grand Final is being billed as the £1m match and is arguably a bigger game than even the Super League Grand Final".

As for the funding, your of the view that it is final league placings that decide the funding for next year and I recollect it being based on the playoff placings. As I have said I my be wrong but like you I can't find the actual details. However what I would point out is that should (in the unlikely scenario) York win the grand final they would receive funding as a SL club, not funding based on them finishing 6th in the championship.

I'll leaving at that because I'm sure we have derailed this topic too much already.

Edited by The Grinder
  • Like 1

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Back on topic.

Can I wish any Batley fans making the short journey over on Sunday a safe journey and may the best team win. As long as it's Fev 😉 🤣

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, The Grinder said:

Back on topic.

Can I wish any Batley fans making the short journey over on Sunday a safe journey and may the best team win. As long as it's Fev 😉 🤣

I think it is safe to say there is a lot of mutual respect between the two sets of fans.Whatever the result I sincerely hope that a good day is enjoyed by all.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, gittinsfan said:

I think it is safe to say there is a lot of mutual respect between the two sets of fans.Whatever the result I sincerely hope that a good day is enjoyed by all.

Spot on, joking aside, here is to hoping for a great game, roll on Sunday.

  • Like 5

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Go get em boys, what a season its been, and what makes it extra special is we aint had no legups from hull/rhinos/warrington/giants/ etc like a few  squads have had over this past few games. take them players out and its a diffent ballgame and top 6, all done with a little squad a players playing as a team,

cant make sunday as we have a lot our plate at the moment but will be glued to telly for sure,

Well done the whole bod/coaching staff/fans/ thanks for a super 2022 and all the best for sunday,UP THE DOGGIES.:kolobok_bb:

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...