Great win

Mark

Great win today. Be interesting who wins next week in dons v hornets. Without else and Hatton we dominated today. Immense performances from some of our forwards  

• Like 1

"When you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get." -Homer Simpson

mark.gif

"I couldn't be more chuffed if I were a badger at the start of the mating season" Ian Holloway

I was expecting a tough tight game yesterday and considering we had some key players missing I was fearing the worse.

I thought the boys bossed the game and we were much the better team. A nice week off next week and get a few players back it's ours too lose.

• 2 weeks later...

We need to do the same on Sunday - I am sure Doncaster will be up for the match - should be a great match for the neutrals and nail bitter for us and the Doncaster fans.

Hope there is a good crowd to cheer the team on.

I think it will be very tight and not a high scoring affair............

On 06/10/2022 at 09:33, wayne_r said:

yes would be great to see both Rochdale and Oldham promoted next season and of course for us to stay up 🙂

That'd be great,not sure about Hornet's though.😂. In all seriousness,how do you think you guys will fair in the championship? 

Its hard to say - will need to add to the squad as some of the players are at the end of their careers I think. There is such a big deficit in funding between the top half and bottom half of the Championship............don't expect any re-org by the RFL will do anything those clubs outside Super League.

If they they can pick up a few wins early in the season then they are in with a good chance - Keighley seem to be splashing the cash.- always had a soft spot for Keighley.

Club just confirmed Hanson, Roberts, Hatton and Wilkinson all gone 

"When you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get." -Homer Simpson

mark.gif

"I couldn't be more chuffed if I were a badger at the start of the mating season" Ian Holloway

On 06/10/2022 at 09:33, wayne_r said:

yes would be great to see both Rochdale and Oldham promoted next season and of course for us to stay up 🙂

Congratulations to everyone at Swinton, enjoyed the brand of rugby you played this year. I now live Manchester way so attended a few games. Would be great to see Oldham and Hornets back in the championship to 

• 1 month later...