Grand Final Entertainment

5 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

I thought the Reytons were fantastic at Hull KR earlier in the season. They'd be a good choice 

I fear until we stop tucking the band away in the corner of the stand with terrible sound setups it's all a waste of time anyway. 

I was excited to see Blossoms for the first time at the GF and I couldn't hear a thing and our seats were at that end. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I fear until we stop tucking the band away in the corner of the stand with terrible sound setups it's all a waste of time anyway. 

I was excited to see Blossoms for the first time at the GF and I couldn't hear a thing and our seats were at that end. 

Agree. Get the band, if there is one, back on the pitch.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

Yeah, me too. I remember Madness being part of one of the Saints v Leeds finals and whoever scheduled it had them playing whilst the two teams come out for their warm up, a notoriously loud part of the evening. 

The Reytons were good but also the way they were implemented was too, it wasn’t just “right lads, do a couple of songs in the centre of the pitch and then move on”.

• Like 1

First up will be the kid choir singing modern hits for the 23rd year in a row (no place I’d rather be, blinding lights etc) because it’s definitely not boring. Then a shouty announcer introduces some early 00s indie band who were only ever known in the city they are from (Milburn, Pigeon Detectives, The Others). Then to get us really warmed up Alex Simmons, who must, I repeat must have headphones round his neck. 

To be honest I’d prefer a colliery brass band. 

Edited by AB Knight
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jughead said:

Yeah, me too. I remember Madness being part of one of the Saints v Leeds finals and whoever scheduled it had them playing whilst the two teams come out for their warm up, a notoriously loud part of the evening. 

The Reytons were good but also the way they were implemented was too, it wasn’t just “right lads, do a couple of songs in the centre of the pitch and then move on”.

I think if we are persisting with not using the pitch then I'd suggest giving up proper capacity to create a decent stage.  We usually have between 5 to 10k empty seats anyway,  I'm sure we could do something creating to make it work better than we currently do. 

3 hours ago, Dave T said:

I think if we are persisting with not using the pitch then I'd suggest giving up proper capacity to create a decent stage.  We usually have between 5 to 10k empty seats anyway,  I'm sure we could do something creating to make it work better than we currently do. 

If I recall correctly Alex Ferguson stopped the entertainment from being on the pitch due to fears about damaging it.

1 hour ago, Gomersall said:

Alex who? 🤷🏼

Sir Alex to you, laddie!

28 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

confirmed 

I do not know why, but Norman always reminded me of Mo Lindsay. 

Surely the best way forward is one act from Leeds and the other stint from St Helens.

Starter for One - Carcass and Mel B. And put a Donk on it. 

Meant to post this earlier, though through finger-trouble may have posted it on the wrong thread.

The real entertainment will be on the pitch, with Saints Vs Leeds. 

The rest is just to spread out the arrival of fans over time and to force them to leave their seats to get away from the row by buying food and drinks.

Yes, by having a "name" band you might get a few more people through the turnstile, but then, I want to be able to converse about the forthcoming game with adjacent fans,not having some non-musical untalented spotty-faced oiks miming to their latest tripe-recording.

Let me take you back a few years , 30 or so to a pre match build up at Wembley, with lots of flag action, well-choreographed and danced by hundreds of kids, with no caterwauling yoofs strutting across the stage.  Much more impressive,probably cheaper, too.

Edited by JohnM
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Meant to post this earlier, though through finger-trouble may have posted it on the wrong thread.

The rest is just to spread out the arrival of fans over time and to force them to leave their seats to get away from the row by buying food and drinks.

Yes, by having a "name" band you might get a few more people through the turnstile, but then, I want to be able to converse about the forthcoming game with adjacent fans,not having some non-musical untalented spotty-faced oiks miming to their latest tripe-recording.

Let me take you back a few years , 30 or so to a pre match build up at Wembley, with lots of flag action, well-choreographed and danced by hundreds of kids, with no caterwauling yoofs strutting across the stage.  Much more impressive,probably cheaper, too.

4 hours ago, Dave T said:

Settle down Grandad.  😉

30 minutes ago, Gomersall said:

This not the Super Bowl with cashed-up  advertisers promoting their brands  to  tens of millions of viewers so needing headline acts to pull'em in. This is rugby league where , unlike the NFL, the game outshines the pre-match.  If you want to damage your hearing and soften your brain,  go to a ###### music event, there's plenty of choice elsewhere.

Maybe though , if we could afford real music from the granddads and grandmas of music: The Rolling Stones, The Eagles, Roxy Music, ELO, Fleetwood Mac, Elke Brooks, Jules Holland, Kate Bush, Tiny Tim, and more, then, as at the Super Bowl, the pre match would far outshine the game on the pitch.

Edited by JohnM
  • Haha 1

Very underwhelmed by the same old same old offerings but this time without a band. The army personnel rolling out the club crests has had it’s time as have the pitch side flames and fireworks. Time for a rethink IMO. We usually get into the stadium not long after four but left it later this year because  there wasn’t any incentive to get there earlier for me. 🤷🏼

Edited by Gomersall
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Gomersall said:

Very underwhelmed by the same old same old offerings but this time without a band. The army personnel rolling out the club crests has had it’s time as have the pitch side flames and fireworks. Time for a rethink IMO. We usually get into the stadium not long after four but left it later this year because  there wasn’t any incentive to get there earlier for me. 🤷🏼

I didn't mean to start a thread saying pretty much the same thing. All a bit tired.

23 minutes ago, unapologetic pedant said:

Soccer fans only agonize over the nature of the entertainment on the pitch.

American presentation styles and practices were proposed for English Soccer in the 70s and 80s when that game was (or was perceived to be) in the doldrums.

We`ll know RL is a successful sport when we don`t care about any of this.

Which idiot proposed American presentation styles when football hooliganism was rife?

On 19/09/2022 at 21:12, JohnM said:

On 19/09/2022 at 21:53, JohnM said:

This not the Super Bowl with cashed-up  advertisers promoting their brands  to  tens of millions of viewers so needing headline acts to pull'em in. This is rugby league where , unlike the NFL, the game outshines the pre-match.  If you want to damage your hearing and soften your brain,  go to a ###### music event, there's plenty of choice elsewhere.

Maybe though , if we could afford real music from the granddads and grandmas of music: The Rolling Stones, The Eagles, Roxy Music, ELO, Fleetwood Mac, Elke Brooks, Jules Holland, Kate Bush, Tiny Tim, and more, then, as at the Super Bowl, the pre match would far outshine the game on the pitch.

Way to go Buster Scruggs!