This week's disciplinary.

Dave T

24 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

If you aren’t selected in the squad games wouldn’t be counted. 

As they shouldn't be. All these bans should be served at club level at the start of the next super league season, not England games or any friendlys.

• Like 9

17 minutes ago, Dave T said:

No. 

2 charges in the last 24m, with 1 of them. Being in theast 12m.

Yes I see that now, im still unsure why Martins first grade A this season got a ban, can’t seem to remember him getting 2 previous bans - edited, someone on twitter pointed out he got banned twice last year!! 

Edited by Chrispmartha
  • Like 1

Just now, Loiner said:

As they shouldn't be. All these bans should be served at club level at the start of the next super league season, not England games or any friendlys.

I agree with this . NRL bans should be served in NRL games and SL bans should be served in SL games . And those clubs involved should be feeling that loss .

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Loiner said:

They should be but that isn’t the rules as it stands. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

It’s a still though and as you tackle the shoulder you are using you will put force through. It will always go in front or above during the tackle. Especially if you have someone lined up like Welsby clearly did. Having said that I wouldn’t know if that is frowned upon by the MRP or not. 

It's the kind of thing that the panel will consider though.  If you are trying to claim you are trying to tackle low,  but raise your arm/shoulder then it goes against you somewhat. 

I think they have come to a sensible position on this.  It was foul play imo,  but there was enough in it to support the claim that he made a genuine attempt at a legal tackle. 

But,  it landed on the head and the recklessness was the issue 

• Like 2

Does anybody think it's a little bit selfish for saints to appeal, I mean he's bang to rights he's not going to get the ban annulled and if it's increased its only going affect England not saints. 

4 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Does anybody think it's a little bit selfish for saints to appeal, I mean he's bang to rights he's not going to get the ban annulled and if it's increased its only going affect England not saints. 

Saints are just playing the system like everyone else would. 

5 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

Maybe but unless they seriously think it is going to be completely overturned, which I find really hard to believe will happen, then the only person that can suffer is Knowles himself.

Just now, Damien said:

Maybe but unless they seriously think it is going to be completely overturned, which I find really hard to believe will happen, then the only person that can suffer is Knowles himself.

I’m sure they asked him if he wants to risk it. 

7 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

If it were trying to get one game down to zero then I would agree.  But 2 down to 0 is very unlikely.

I suppose Knowles must be OK with it.  It will impact the first part of his international games this autumn but I guess he wants a Grand Final appearance and internationals.

I can't see it happening though.  It is not as if the actual incident was difficult to see and now the panel has decided on its severity I am not sure what else there is to argue about.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

12 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

If it were trying to get one game down to zero then I would agree.  But 2 down to 0 is very unlikely.

I suppose Knowles must be OK with it.  It will impact the first part of his international games this autumn but I guess he wants a Grand Final appearance and internationals.

I can't see it happening though.  It is not as if the actual incident was difficult to see and now the panel has decided on its severity I am not sure what else there is to argue about.

I don’t see them getting it to 0 now they’ve made their decision. It’s either they think they have a case to change the out come which I can’t see. Or it a nothing to lose shot in the dark plus a bit of a challenge to the RFL. Knowles at this point would probably do anything to play in the GF so to him it’s worth a punt. 

Knowles has 5 charges in the last 12m, never mind the 24m measure. 

So even if they challenge the grading and it goes from B to A,  he still has a 1 match ban. 

The only way is if a panel looks at that incident and decides it is NFA,  which seems like a hell of a long shot! 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Knowles has 5 charges in the last 12m, never mind the 24m measure. 

So even if they challenge the grading and it goes from B to A,  he still has a 1 match ban. 

The only way is if a panel looks at that incident and decides it is NFA,  which seems like a hell of a long shot! 

Thats a lot, I never realised his record was that bad.